What career would make me happiest?

ardentika

I've been having a lot of trouble finding something I'm absolutely in love with and want to do. If i found something like it, prolly didn't have a good pay.
I've been into arts my whole life, I literally cannot do anything else lol.

I've been trying to freelance but sitting in one spot on the computer for hours is really driving me nuts.

So based on my chart what job/career place you think would fit me best and make me feel happiest? Working for someone? Working with people? Having my own business? Or something else?

Thank you! <3

Attachments

• astro_2gw_az.33213.49860.jpg
    astro_2gw_az.33213.49860.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 53

Cary2

Banned
Astrology suggests what you are most suited for, and I merely assume that will bring the greatest satisfaction. I do not know how to fit you with a job that will make you happy particularly. Some charts seem to point very clearly to one or more good candidates for life direction, but other charts are more difficult to read that way. I assume if it is hard for me to discern that it is my fault. I do not assume that a native’s destiny is undefined simply because I can’t see it.

Looking at your chart by my usual method, I would first analyze the Mars/Saturn opposition across the Ascendant/Descedant axis. Included in this is Sun upon the 0-degree Capricorn cardinal point trine to Mars. This suggests a director or manager. This sort of thing suggests one who is particularly suited to manage a crew of rough men. You encourage discipline in others who would otherwise be unruly. Perhaps it describes your father, but it seems to me to describe you here. Though you are inhibited, you can probably break out of that bind if you must. It might also describe a craftsperson capable of precise and demanding work. These are things that mix brain with brawn. An activity might suit you according to this outlook.

Another clue, and perhaps a different path, is the Uranus/Neptune conjunction at the midpoint, As/Mc. This suggests a very unusual career path and a distaste for conventional careers. Among human interest is the category often called, The Unexplained. You may be an explorer into The Unexplained or a radical approach to spirituality.

Another clue is Mc = Mercury/Pluto which draws in both Sun/Mercury and Jupiter/Pluto. This is literary to me. It suggests writing, sales, detective work, computer programming, code-breaking. The Moon trine might support the literary angle.

Another clue is Moon trine to Mc. This suggests a chef or cook, or a dealer in real estate or a dealer in domestic products.

Observing human behavior, it is not rare for people to change careers and end up with more than one.

More. This would be a good chart for a director in movies and television.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I've been having a lot of trouble finding something I'm absolutely in love with and want to do. If i found something like it, prolly didn't have a good pay.
I've been into arts my whole life, I literally cannot do anything else lol.

I've been trying to freelance but sitting in one spot on the computer for hours is really driving me nuts.

So based on my chart what job/career place you think would fit me best and make me feel happiest? Working for someone? Working with people? Having my own business? Or something else?

Thank you! <3
PRIMARY MOTIVATION
interesting tips from Omnisphericus :smile:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48463
I rely on the Ben Dykes explanation in his book "Using Medieval Astrology".

Planet in a certain house has many topics in hand.

1. First, that planet will act always according to its Essential Nature. Malefic will act by impeding, Benefic will act by increasing the good.

2. The Planet will bring with it self the Agenda of the houses she rules.
If a planet is in 11th, and ruling 4th, we can say that the Parents (or Father particularly) are native's Friends.

When you see a planet in certain house you should ask the following 4 questions (by the planet ruling some other house):

a) Who is experiencing the affairs of the house?
b) Why the houses affairs are manifesting or what has led to them?
c) What sorts of things the house's affairs are responsible for?
d) What the house's affairs are like?

1st House
Planets in 1st house are giving their own tone to the whole character and being to the native's character and body shape.
Mercury will show intelligent person. Venus love for fun. Sun Glory. Jupiter Wisdom and Philosophy. Moon changeability. Saturn melancholy. Mars passions and furiousity when in best, anger and destruction when in worst.

The planets by ruling some other house also shows What Comes to the Native's Experience. Ruler of 2nd in 1st shows that Money comes to the Native. Ruler of 3rd in 1st shows that the native has authority over the kin and siblings, over parents and family (4th), over the children (5th), over the servants (6th), over the partner (7th), over the partner's financies (8th), over the journeys (9th), in work (10th), over the friends (11th), over the enemies (12th).
10th in 1st also shows that honors are bestowed to the native. 11th in 1st shows that native gains Acquisitions.

The Ruler of 1st in house is showing in which field the native will seek to fulfill his Primary Motivation:
Ruler of 1st in 2nd - Through Acquiring Wealth.
1st in 3rd - Through Reading, Short Journeys and Communication skills.
1st in 4th - In the home, or through Family. Through the relationship with the Father.
1st in 5th - Through Children; joyful entertainment and gambling (in worse).
1st in 6th - through aquaring professional skills (6th is related with 10th by triplicity), through being of Service.
1st in 7th - Through Partnership.
1st in 8th - going through the hardships of life.
1st in 9th - through long journeys and philosophy.
1st in 10th - through the career and work.
1st in 11th - through friendships and hopes and wishes. Through Groups.
1st in 12th - Through Self-Undoing.

The ruler of 1st in houses is also showing the physical body's health.
Ruler of 1st in 6th/8th and 12th can show poor health.
The ruler of 1st in Houses can also shows the nature of the Life of the Native.
Ruler of 1st in 8th shows that the native has difficult life. In 11th - Fortunate. In 5th - Happy. In 6th - he is servant. In 12th - Troubled life.
Ruler of 1st in houses also shows what the native enjoys.
Ruler of 1st in 9th indicates that the native enjoys journeys and philosophy, or religion. Ruler of 1st in 5th - the native enjoys being with kids or being a performer, being creative and etc. Ruler of 1st in 6th shows that the native enjoys to be of service and to apply its professional skills.
Ruler of 1st in houses also shows what the native encounters in life.
Ruler of 1st in 12th shows that the native encounters secret enemies, in 7th - opposition and obstruction. In 8th - early death (if there are no benefics around and the sign is of malefic type, i.e. the malefic is ruling it).

ardentika

Astrology suggests what you are most suited for, and I merely assume that will bring the greatest satisfaction. I do not know how to fit you with a job that will make you happy particularly. Some charts seem to point very clearly to one or more good candidates for life direction, but other charts are more difficult to read that way. I assume if it is hard for me to discern that it is my fault. I do not assume that a native’s destiny is undefined simply because I can’t see it.

Looking at your chart by my usual method, I would first analyze the Mars/Saturn opposition across the Ascendant/Descedant axis. Included in this is Sun upon the 0-degree Capricorn cardinal point trine to Mars. This suggests a director or manager. This sort of thing suggests one who is particularly suited to manage a crew of rough men. You encourage discipline in others who would otherwise be unruly. Perhaps it describes your father, but it seems to me to describe you here. Though you are inhibited, you can probably break out of that bind if you must. It might also describe a craftsperson capable of precise and demanding work. These are things that mix brain with brawn. An activity might suit you according to this outlook.

Another clue, and perhaps a different path, is the Uranus/Neptune conjunction at the midpoint, As/Mc. This suggests a very unusual career path and a distaste for conventional careers. Among human interest is the category often called, The Unexplained. You may be an explorer into The Unexplained or a radical approach to spirituality.

Another clue is Mc = Mercury/Pluto which draws in both Sun/Mercury and Jupiter/Pluto. This is literary to me. It suggests writing, sales, detective work, computer programming, code-breaking. The Moon trine might support the literary angle.

Another clue is Moon trine to Mc. This suggests a chef or cook, or a dealer in real estate or a dealer in domestic products.

Observing human behavior, it is not rare for people to change careers and end up with more than one.

More. This would be a good chart for a director in movies and television.

Thank you! That's generally what I wanted, not a precise field but more like things that would make me feel happy. I struggled a lot with lack of self confidence and social anxiety, which led me to separate myself more from people and pursue a job as a freelancer. Constant fear of other people's opinions and demands of me created that crippling anxiety to look for a "normal" 9-5 office job. But part of me really , really wants to work with people.

The Sun/Mars trine does sort of depict my father, altho it's true I'm much better at managing than him haha.

Apart from all types of art and design, the other passion of mine has truly been people, observing them, psychology and analyzing. Obviously the exploration of the unknown since I'm on this forum.

Ideally it would be a mixture of all. Art/Design/ Exploration/ Observation/ Esoteric. That would suggest only the field of art and entertainment but yeah it's hard for me to pursue it because of self-limiting beliefs, fears and shyness.

Thank you , your interpretation was very spot on. Everything resonated! :)

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope helps reflect and integrate as relevant,
do review how true-insightful-helpful,
traits-talents-health-events-prospects-career plans etc:

Moon 6th leo high self-pride, winning through diplomatic abilities,
preference for admin roles;

sat-mars opp entrepreneurial aptitudes, through stress and struggle
sat lord 11th for gains; mars lord 9th over 6th calling for extra efforts;

mars virgo 6th, assertive, aptitude for quality control etc,
able to cope with opponents/competitors, accident prone;

asc lord jup own sag 9th for luck,
philosophy-legal-advisory-teaching-directorship aptitudes,
wear yellow sapphire over jup finger, prayers to saint of faith,
offer yellow flowers thurs mornings at the alter at home;
jup year ahead transit own sag 9th for luck-education-travels.

sun-mer cap 10th, intellectual pursuits, mathematical abilities,
literary-oratory abilities, event management, govt-corporate career;
sun lord 6th calling for extra efforts; cap ambitious and hardworking;

sat-ketu separative SNode coming 1.5yr transit sun-mer cap 10th/11th,
career-job change; rise-fall; pain-injury-surgery knees-skin etc etc
detachment from income-gains-friendships;

venus-rahu NN scorpio 8th
research-occult-forensic-pharmacy-anaesthetics-acting skills,
rise-fall, chronic toxic urological-kidney issues,
seek ancestral blessings, fasting on No-moon evenings taking milk-fruits;
rahu debilated scorpio, avoid over-indulgence into the occult;

do share reflections and ideas to pick and adapt if any,

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

ardentika

@kshantaram its all pretty true. The whole problem is finding something I'm truly passionate about so that all those aspects come to play. Because when I work something I dont really like I become lazy and ignorant. Just can't be bothered.However if I find something I'm truly passionate about I become really hard working. But I also get bored and move on pretty fast and my energy is so scattered. I think I read somewhere thats the issues of the Sagittarius MC. I'm not sure if I can do something about it or it will just take time.

three M symbols

@kshantaram its all pretty true. The whole problem is finding something I'm truly passionate about so that all those aspects come to play. Because when I work something I dont really like I become lazy and ignorant. Just can't be bothered.However if I find something I'm truly passionate about I become really hard working. But I also get bored and move on pretty fast and my energy is so scattered. I think I read somewhere thats the issues of the Sagittarius MC. I'm not sure if I can do something about it or it will just take time.

For me (in my own chart), this is an Aries 6th house issue.

So, maybe fire signs in "earth houses" can be like this.

ardentika

The idea is whether any of the traits-talents provoke ideas to discover a career/profession about which you can get passionate where multiple skills could be put to productive and self-fulfilling use step by step, building block by block as the career progresses adding additional knowledge and skills each time.

appreciate the prompt ack, wishing well,

kshantaram
I know but so far I got nothing haha. I suppose it's divine timing aka transits or progressions.