How accurate is re-locational astrology?

Zarathu

Account Closed
It depends what you expect it to do for you. Remember that wherever you go, there you are. If the reason why you are not doing well in your current location is that you have poor people skills and bad work ethics, then moving to a new location is not going to change that, and you may find that moving to a new location actually made things worse.

Also, moving to a new location will give you better opportunities in some areas and less useful opportunities in others. So.... you have to ask for what it is that you are looking for.

Some locational astrology uses astro*cartography. Others uses other techniques.

When I do it, I look at several different locations, and look to see which houses are augmented in that location, but also look to see if there are underlying work, mission, and emotional-mental issues that an individual needs to address. Most people will begin to feel unfulfilled by their 40's if their mission in life is not being fulfilled, and moving to a new location without paying attention to the actual mission in life, will not change things.

Astrology doesn't provide a linear "this causes that" pattern, and with location, its more of a you win some/your lose some pattern. There are a lot of different factors that have to be explored when you are looking at the blueprint of your life.

And like I said, even if some areas offer more opportunities, wherever you go, there you are. If you are no good at interacting with the opposite sex, this won't suddenly get better necessarily just because more of the opposite sex is available to interact with.

Last edited:

Inline

......Astrology doesn't provide a linear "this causes that" pattern, and with location, its more of a you win some/your lose some pattern. There are a lot of different factors that have to be explored when you are looking at the blueprint of your life.

And like I said, even if some areas offer more opportunities, wherever you go, there you are....

I have had to live with relocational astrology whenever i wanted to study my chart.....

From birth on i've lived away from my birthplace, at opposite ends of the earth and in the middle....the latitudes remain almost unchanged, but the longtitiudes are completely different..... altering the house emphasis from location to location.

Born with Aries rising, i was promptly moved to a place with Taurus rising where i grew up....then as a young adult, i moved back to Aries rising but whenever i go home, its back to Taurus rising. My family often describes me as being stubborn but gentle, while the place where my life is Aries rising, most people see me as a courageous fighter.

"I am who i am" but the filter that people see me thru changes with location.

Zarathu

Account Closed
"I am who i am" but the filter that people see me thru changes with location.

And that is most certainly true. My wife has really blossomed in our retirement place as a people person, 600 miles from where we lived before. While I simply love the environment, the professional atmosphere is not conducive to my being able to help people in the way that I did before in my career for 40 years, 600 miles south and somewhat west. People here are simply not interested in hearing from me, or in my assistance. Luckily I am retired and don't need the financial support, but I struggle, with my newly progressed Leo Sun to find a place "in the sun".

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Classically, nativities and horaries can give insight into the location or direction from the birth place an individual should relocate to to have better opportunities or live in some sort of personal well-being. This is linked back to the philosophical idea that individuals thrive in conditions that are personally advantageous or amicable to them. Simply put, an individual who has Saturn acting as a particularly important planet (I would probably only limit it to LoG or Almuten of the Figure) will do well in environments or countries that are Saturn ruled. Likewise, someone with a strong benefic in a particular position in their chart can point the direction for beneficial relocation.

This relocation need not pay off in material gains, though it can, and can often have a mentally calming or spiritually conducive effect on the individual.

Bunraku

Try moving to the other side of the world. Your world will be literally flipped upside down :lol:

When you travel, try to notice the changes. My change when I moved here was dramatic. :kissing: It took a while to change though. Around 6 months to a year until I completely settled into my relocated natal chart.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Try moving to the other side of the world. Your world will be literally flipped upside down :lol:

When you travel, try to notice the changes. My change when I moved here was dramatic. :kissing: It took a while to change though. Around 6 months to a year until I completely settled into my relocated natal chart.

Did you change galaxies, since you are listed as being from the Milky way? Perhaps you came from the Larger Magellic Cloud Galaxy.

heretolearn

My personal experience is that relocational astrology does work. I am referring here to experience with relocated natal charts and astrocartography (where angular aspects have "lines" which are overlaid over a geographic map). I have also considered synastry charts cast using the "birth" information for a prospective new employer.

The potential pitfalls in this technique, IMO, are when one oversimplifies things; the natal chart remains valid regardless of location (unless 6 feet under, maybe) and selecting for a location simply because it is near a Venus or Jupiter line without considering aspects to these planets in the natal or the effect of the rotated houses in the relocated chart can find one literally walking into a new problem. If Pluto was opposite Venus and you moved to your Venus/MC line, Pluto is now aspecting your MC... :whistling: Things to remember.

dhundhun

Please tell me, How accurate is re-locational astrology?

Well, for most Indians from medium or low incoming families, coming to USA, is great experience. 1st house becomes 7th house. If they were suppressed in India (weak 1st), they start suppressing others (weak 7th) in USA. Just kidding, but it is not far from reality.

Relocating changes expressions of houses. When exploring opportunities, one should relocate to a place, where their expression and comforts are better based on chart.

However, that does not change Natal Chart and relationship of planets in Natal Chart. For example if Sun in 1st and Mars in 7th opposing are spoiling marriage life, one can always shift to Sun in 4th or 5th and Mars accordingly in 10th or 11th. The stress from marriage will shift in other aspects of life, but stress will remain.

Usually idea is to improve 10th and 1st. But one could prefer improving others aspects of life such as 4th (home) or 7th (marriage) or 2nd (wealth).

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Relocating changes expressions of houses. When exploring opportunities, one should relocate to a place, where their expression and comforts are better based on chart.

People should relate to a place where what the most want is most realized. If they most want romance then they should relocate to a place where that is stronger for them.

People should use their own free will to choose what they thing is more important.

However, if I was going to choose for them it wouldn't be for more material comforts, it would be for better opportunities to accomplish their mission in this life.

comdoc

...moving to a new location will give you better opportunities in some areas and less useful opportunities in others. So.... you have to ask for what it is that you are looking for...

I agree with Zarathu here. I've moved around a lot in my lifetime, and experienced new conditions that correlate with new House circles. Interplanet aspects won't change much by sign, even on the other side of the Earth. Those are associated with your internal strong and weak points. However, planet placement by house (representing external conditions) can shift substantially when moving: a whole sign at MC in around 2,000 mi or 3,300 km on the equator.

I use Astrocartography maplines and sign borders, and relocality charts to view changes. Pay special attention to relocation House rulers and planets shifting into new Houses. AstroClick Travel at www.astro.com includes both. :smile:

anjelik

I am moving to a place where I will now have a Libra stellium of malefics in my 6th house, but I will now have Venus conjunct my MC in Cappy. I'm not really thrilled about the concentration of planets in my 6th house. Does anyone have any insight as to how that would play out? My mother has a heavily active 6th house and she is always helping people and doing stuff. I do not want to become a doormat or a slave. Nor am I pleased that I also will have Moon conjunct my AC. I have a Capricorn AC natally and I have always identified with my Gemini Moon a lot, but I have felt that I often keep that part of me kind of hidden. Now I feel like I will be viewed as some emotional mess. Also, I have always liked my Venus conjunct my AC - I guess I will have to see if it is as favorable conjunct the MC. My Sun is also now elevated in my chart from my 1st to my 11th house, so hopefully I will make friends easily. I guess we shall see.

Arena

And that is most certainly true. My wife has really blossomed in our retirement place as a people person, 600 miles from where we lived before. While I simply love the environment, the professional atmosphere is not conducive to my being able to help people in the way that I did before in my career for 40 years, 600 miles south and somewhat west. People here are simply not interested in hearing from me, or in my assistance. Luckily I am retired and don't need the financial support, but I struggle, with my newly progressed Leo Sun to find a place "in the sun".

Zarathu, can you share which planets came to an angle for your wife, and which planets are angular for yourself in both places for comparison?

Do you use the progressed Sun and planets to see your chart in a new place? Most relocational astrologers work with relocation for the natal chart to see how the houses and angles change.