Mystery Chart #4

E

eternalautumn

mysterychart4.gif

Good luck!

[The rules.]

waybread

For fans of mystery charts, you can always find the birth date of someone by going to an ephemeris. There is a free one on-line at www.astro.com . I usually start with Pluto, as the slowest-moving planet. Pluto left Cancer in the 1930s, and you have to check a few years for Pluto, usually, because of retrogradation. Then look to see when Neptune was at the right degree, than Uranus, and so on--down to the exact date when you match up the sun and moon.

A good astrologer can often also get the birth location from the chart, but that is beyond my capabilities.

Of course, there are sites that let you search celebrities by birth date. But that would be cheating.

E

eternalautumn

waybread said:
For fans of mystery charts, you can always find the birth date of someone by going to an ephemeris. There is a free one on-line at www.astro.com . I usually start with Pluto, as the slowest-moving planet. Pluto left Cancer in the 1930s, and you have to check a few years for Pluto, usually, because of retrogradation. Then look to see when Neptune was at the right degree, than Uranus, and so on--down to the exact date when you match up the sun and moon.

A good astrologer can often also get the birth location from the chart, but that is beyond my capabilities.

Of course, there are sites that let you search celebrities by birth date. But that would be cheating.

Really, waybread? That's not the point. The point is to try to delineate the chart, and see after a week who was closest to the actual person.

I really don't know why you would even post that. Thanks though.

waybread

Yes, really! Why would I post this? Because knowing a person's age and location can tell you something about her. It makes a "blind" chart reading a little less "blind"--but not by much. Using an ephemeris to calculate a person's age can be a very helpful tool in learning something about an individual, because generations are not alike.

This shouldn't be news to anyone.

freddykfan

Banned
Yes, really! Why would I post this? Because knowing a person's age and location can tell you something about her. It makes a "blind" chart reading a little less "blind"--but not by much. Using an ephemeris to calculate a person's age can be a very helpful tool in learning something about an individual, because generations are not alike.

relax man it's just a game

E

eternalautumn

True, it shouldn't be news, but that's just making it more obvious how to cheat. Which is why I didn't want to include the outer planets in the first place. Ugh.

The point is not to really exactly guess the identity of the person, but to glean everything you can from the chart itself and then, after the person is revealed, people are able to see how close they got in their predictions, their hits and misses, etc.

I give up.

waybread

EA, if people want to cheat, they will figure out how to cheat. The ground rule of mystery chart threads is that people will not look up the person by obvious indicators, such as birth date or a particular chart configuration, which can often be searched, as well. I responded as I did because Freddykfan didn't know how to date someone via an ephemeris, which is a good skill to know.

You could still locate someone's birth date by starting with Saturn, but it would take longer because you might have to go through several Saturn cycles to start matching up Jupiter and so on down the line.

The other way around this is to use non-celebrity charts, like for Mom or great-uncle Bill.

Freddykfan, I am far more relaxed than someone obsessed with slasher movies!

Last edited:

Courtney Love

enough talk about "rules" and cheating!

I keep wondering about this chart, the ruler of the 5th is Jup in the 12th... mercury in scorpio right on the ascendent... I should think a pretty piercing clever, possibly scheming person? guessing...

Sun in the 12th, so what you see is not what you get...

I find this chart so interesting because the rulers of the 5th and the 10th are in the 12th, like in my chart... I just keep thinking this is a writer. but nothing really supports that since Saturn is in the 3rd, and rules the third. Seems like they have a lot of ideas but maybe saturn limits the expression in writing...