How I hate being a Virgo Ascendant !

Harmelia

The post about a Pluto ruled 3rd house made me think of just how even more mentally oriented having a Virgo AC is.its almost entirely about mental power. This ascendant can make us feel weak when in reality, we may have the most mental strength of any placement set. I'd say it's entirely about embracing our minds' powers over ourselves and our lives. Never easy, but certainly worth it

Anyway. I'm very happy if I could inspire you in anyway. This ascendant typically has rather illfated descriptions and I wanted to look at it from a different vantage point and show a different side of it that's rarely spoken of

I wonder if this transcendence of illusion has anything to do with the shadow Pisces which is typically our 7th house ruler

One of my teachers once said that Virgo is the most made-fun of sign in the zodiac. That may be true. We can be fastidious, a bit anal, and too anxious for those around us. BUT, that is such a stereotype and it doesn't describe ME. As we all know, you have to look at the whole chart - and the level or awareness we may have. Virgo has many admirable qualities. Pisces, being Virgo's opposite, most certainly gives us room to grow and discover our innate soulfulness. Yes, I believe that is also part of the Virgo experience if one is working it. Merry Christmas to you!

Ness22

One of my teachers once said that Virgo is the most made-fun of sign in the zodiac. That may be true. We can be fastidious, a bit anal, and too anxious for those around us. BUT, that is such a stereotype and it doesn't describe ME. As we all know, you have to look at the whole chart - and the level or awareness we may have. Virgo has many admirable qualities. Pisces, being Virgo's opposite, most certainly gives us room to grow and discover our innate soulfulness. Yes, I believe that is also part of the Virgo experience if one is working it. Merry Christmas to you!

imagine having a Virgo rising with a pisces sun lol, it most certainly is confusing and weird.
And yes, we can definitely be a bit too uptight and anxious for the people around us. It's something to actively work on bringing down for me, but I also attribute these qualities to giving me a great attention for detail, and getting things done with perfection. But yeah, it can take a toll on you 😅
And also thanks for all that insight in your previous comment where you spoke about your experience of having a Virgo rising and learning to embrace it, and also for highlighting the positive aspects of this placement. I felt encouraged reading all of that :)
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

Ness22

It's interesting to observe this thread from a meta-perspective. To make a thread to decry the fact of having a Virgo rising seems to be right up the alley of the sign. Would a Sagittarius or Aquarius rising be motivated to create a similar thread? I don't see it happening quite as much.

Haha totally agree.
Only the somewhat self-deprecating Virgo risings can do this. It's part of our nature to be very self critical.
And no, can never imagine a fire sign openly critique themselves lol. They are quite ego-centered, most of them. I sometimes wish, us virgos could be more like that. Would really help to not be taken advantage of, for our helpful nature.

Last edited:

Ness22

I want to state separately and in reiteration that we are absolutely not bound to anything but our own souls. Not bound to who we have been, who we think we are, who others say we are, who we feel we'll become. In every single moment, we have the power to do just one thing that will help turn us into the person we want to be. And that person isn't bound even to who and what anyone else has been. It's bound only by your imagination and desire. You can change in any way you desire to. There are no limitations except the ones you create for yourself--that I hope doesn't sound accusatory. Understanding these things for me took years and years of stewing in my own hell until I realized I was creating it for myself

Hey Lykanized!
Thanks again for your advice and insight.
As I said before, some of those things like anxiety and other mental struggles, can feel out of your control,overwhelming, and be quite difficult to overcome, especially if it's very intense.
But thank you for sharing your experience with your personal struggles. I liked that this comment emphasized on how we aren't and shouldn't allow ourselves to be bound by our past, present or future...and we have it in ourselves to be anything we desire, even if it's a difficult road. A very positive message to send out!

Hkk

Account Closed
I want to state separately and in reiteration that we are absolutely not bound to anything but our own souls. Not bound to who we have been, who we think we are, who others say we are, who we feel we'll become. In every single moment, we have the power to do just one thing that will help turn us into the person we want to be. And that person isn't bound even to who and what anyone else has been. It's bound only by your imagination and desire. You can change in any way you desire to. There are no limitations except the ones you create for yourself--that I hope doesn't sound accusatory. Understanding these things for me took years and years of stewing in my own hell until I realized I was creating it for myself

This is so strong and made me feel strong. This can be a slow process however I’m coming to the understanding we are not trees’. We can move. Thank you for this 😊😍

I feel Virgo ascendant can be a great rising sign. It depends on the placements. One of my nieces has Virgo rising but a Stellium in 5th and 6th and I believe her anxiety was due to her 6th aspects and transits. Her sister, my other niece has Virgo rising but she has no anxiety feeling or anything troubling. She’s a happy go lucky type of girl. She has 7th,10th and 12th house aspects etc. But I just feel from experience whatever you experience will pass. Over the years I have felt stuck but overcome troubles through growing, realisation and sheer will. Have faith 😘🙏🥰😊

Last edited:

Harmelia

It's interesting to observe this thread from a meta-perspective. To make a thread to decry the fact of having a Virgo rising seems to be right up the alley of the sign. Would a Sagittarius or Aquarius rising be motivated to create a similar thread? I don't see it happening quite as much.

They might if their South Node was in their ASC sign or conjunct ASC.

And note that most of these posts are saying they love their Virgo Asc or see the positives in it. But yes, Virgo is the most self-sabotaging of all the signs.

Last edited:

Irisiel

What a great thread. I'm Virgo AND Virgo Rising with my Sun in the 12th House...Yes, at age 55 I've had quite enough of self-criticism, self-doubt, and lack of faith in self and the Universe, as Lykanized put it.

Lykanized, you're very wise for one so young! I'm seeking a death of ego of my own, particularly as I'm trying to move out of a 2-yr clinical depression after the untimely death of my big brother.

I just created a post about how, some 30 years ago, I self-interpreted my Natal Chart with just the planets, and MAN it was a grim, depressing thing!! Mainly bc of Virgo and Virgo placements.

THEN I made a comment elsewhere about how, even as I return to Astrology after all these years, I still can't trust my own intuition enough to interpret anything myself.

Guess that's just more self-doubting Virgo-think. But it's SO HARD to be a perfectionist, and take even just one step where I might be a little bit wrong! :biggrin: