Transiting Neptune square the natal north node/ascentant

Neptune Rising

Hi

I currently have transiting Neptune conjuncting my natal Moon which is also being conjuncted exactly by natal progressed Sun. To top that off, transiting Pluto is parallel them also. Its been a tough year and I really have changed my perspective on life, its now I am starting to feel a little less lost, though still totally unsure of where I am going, I'm more settled into that vibe.

I was wondering what the transit of Nep square to my natal north node/south node indicates? My natal north node is also conjunct natal Nep. It makes the transit personal because of the aspect to my natal Moon.

I do feel much more sensitive to other people's energys, not an easy thing to describe. Funnily enough, I hardly ever had any blue clothes, but lately have been irresitibaly drawn to blues, turquoises and even ended up renting out a room from my previous landlord which is painted blue/turquoise.

This first square doesn't hit my natal Neptune by square exactly, though it does exactly square the nodes. Not sure if 1 degree actually counts because the energy is still there.

Would the Neptune square nodes (paths) be a disolving of my life path as it stands? I have a strong urge to study in the next year or so, and it will either be traditional university (physiotherapy) or the more 'esoteric' study of yoga therapy. Either way, I want to learn more deeply about movement therapy as its a life long interest.

Does anyone have experience of such a transit, how was it?

Last edited:

Kannon

Neptune = blue. And yes, in a way, this Neptune-Node transit can indicate a dissolving of what has been the overt direction of your life to this point. But that does not mean your overall life purpose has changed. Since you've been thinking about this for a while, then its no surprise.

Neptune square your Nodes indicates a time in which you might need to drift a bit and allow some indefinable processes to take hold for a while. This is because Neptune renders the life direction (N.Node) fuzzy or brings doubt into play. It may also 'spiritualize' your aims and that may require a period of adjustment. Personally, I would not expect you would get the most out of this transit by committing to university study towards a degree. This transit lends itself to changing your mind as you move along.

This is especially true with Neptune also conjunct your Moon. I would expect your sensitivity to increase. See where that leads you.

Also work with this in your dreams. This is a very good time for it. This is the one way I feel sure you can get clarity for yourself and not even need astrological input. Keep a dream journal and each night and pose questions clearly in your mind (even out loud if necessary). You will get some answers. Focus your questions on the decisions you have to make about your life direction that way there is a practical application built in to the answers.

Neptune Rising

Neptune = blue. And yes, in a way, this Neptune-Node transit can indicate a dissolving of what has been the overt direction of your life to this point. But that does not mean your overall life purpose has changed. Since you've been thinking about this for a while, then its no surprise.

Neptune square your Nodes indicates a time in which you might need to drift a bit and allow some indefinable processes to take hold for a while. This is because Neptune renders the life direction (N.Node) fuzzy or brings doubt into play. It may also 'spiritualize' your aims and that may require a period of adjustment. Personally, I would not expect you would get the most out of this transit by committing to university study towards a degree. This transit lends itself to changing your mind as you move along.

This is especially true with Neptune also conjunct your Moon. I would expect your sensitivity to increase. See where that leads you.

Also work with this in your dreams. This is a very good time for it. This is the one way I feel sure you can get clarity for yourself and not even need astrological input. Keep a dream journal and each night and pose questions clearly in your mind (even out loud if necessary). You will get some answers. Focus your questions on the decisions you have to make about your life direction that way there is a practical application built in to the answers.

Thanks Kannon, my sensitivity is increasing so much I have to avoid certain situations/people because its too intense.

I already feel very changable in my mind and decisions, I cannot make a firm committment in my mind about the university physiotherapy course (and they haven't accepted me yet), while being drawn to yoga therapy. I teach yoga and pilates, have wanted to learn more therapeutic techniques for a long time and only now started to take action with it. I also want to do some volunteering for local care homes when I have the time. Talk about being in "two minds", could that be the fishes (Neptune/Moon/Nodes) !

During the Neptune square node, Saturn will also conjunct north node. The last time Saturn was there, I was going into secondary school. I don't know but could Saturn in Sagitarius being involved like that indicate an educational institution? And in the 12th house, could that be a hospital? If the universities accept me, I'd be doing placements in a hospital alongside studies. I am considering the timing of this, the Saturn involvement would be at the end of the year, which is the time I'd be starting at uni. I do feel the university environment would in some ways limit me but the knowledge would also be useful for the work I do.

What you said also triggered me to consider the reception I have, Nep and Jupiter in mutual reception.

The Nep transit on my Moon has affected my mum, affected how I percieve her and experience her since she had her stroke a year ago and my experience in helping her in and out of hospital has pushed me to take action in learning more therapeutic methods to help those that I teach as well as practice myself. It's been very Neptunian and I've been floating on a raft for quite a while without a compass or map!

Dreams! Yes, excellent idea. I've had some vivid dreams! From one dream with me sailing on an iceberg that has a face, sailing it to shore.... to another dream of a blocked toilet! I will try and decipher some answers..

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

Erulastiel14

Last year I had tNeptune square my moon-ascendant and it was not fun. I felt out of my element but the problem was I didn't know what my element was at that point. I felt very lost and out of step with my peers and I could pick up on their energy which made it worse. It felt like a loss of my identity. I was very confused and depressed during this time. I agree pay attention to your dreams. I did that and it helped.

Neptune Rising

Last year I had tNeptune square my moon-ascendant and it was not fun. I felt out of my element but the problem was I didn't know what my element was at that point. I felt very lost and out of step with my peers and I could pick up on their energy which made it worse. It felt like a loss of my identity. I was very confused and depressed during this time. I agree pay attention to your dreams. I did that and it helped.

Thanks Erulastiel! I can relate to the feeling of loss of identity.

------------

General lost. That could be that both my 'lights', natal Moon and progressed Sun, are being blurred out by Neptune as well as the progressed Sun eclipsing the natal Moon. I'm starting to realise I have to let go of any plans, I have my plans but I am keeping them quite loose because lately they just seem to change with nothing I can do about it.

Funnily enough, I am wary of starting any long term courses this year because I have the feeling something will change or cause me to stop it. Plus, either of these two courses I have in mind start around a Mercury retrograde. Each time I start a course on such a transit, I usually end up wishing I'd chosen another school - they are never straight forward. I am on such a course right now, most of us on the course feel the same way!

I think I'll try swimming as a a way to help ease the transit!

Neptune Rising

I just realised there will be a Jupiter in Virgo opposition to the Neptune in Pisces, this will be Nep conjunct my natal Moon, and Jup-Nep t-squaring my nodes. All this happens in September this year. Shortly after, Jupiter opposition Jupiter. Its one of my big questions at this time, if I will/should pursue this physiotherapy path, but I guess I am on the path and should just follow where it leads.

By the by, every time Jupiter has made a hard aspect to itself in my chart, since 2003, I've done a teacher training course. The first one, Juptier opposite Jupiter in 2003 I did yoga teacher training, Jupiter square in 2007 I did a massage therapist course, Jupiter conjunct I did another yoga teacher training course, and the last Jupiter square in 2012 I did a Pilates teacher training course. It was around the first opposition of my life about 1991 that I taught myself yoga first from a book I found, no internet in those days! Those Jupiter cycles are nuts!!

The Jupiter in Virgo transit into my 9th house suggests study into health, which could be the physio degree if I got accepted. But the oppositon may be a clash with my more spiritual ideals (Nep conj Moon). Those squaring my nodes maybe affecting my life path, maybe a crisis of some sort as I find a way of bringing those opposites together. Though I'm not looking forward to the transit of Saturn square to transit Neptune, as that will be hitting my Pisces Moon and then nodes. :alien:

Neptune Rising

I thought I'd update this thread, as I had one freaky dream yesterday that seems so symbolic of transit now of Mercury/Sun/Mars conjunct my south node, with transit Neptune now in exact square with nodes. I only heard the words, shouting in a Scottish accent, "awaken the Kraken"!! I have distant scottish ancestors, but I'm not scottish. I had no idea what the Kraken was until Google helped. It seems to be saying to face the sea monster that stands between me and my future, emotionally (Moon/Neptune) my fears. I also have transit Uranus on my Chiron now. I also decided to continue on my teaching path, drift for a bit while I find the next avenue to pursue but also working through my Chiron stuff while Uranus electrifies it.

Last edited:

Jupiterrocks

Hello,
I'm new to the community, but was researching neptune square your nodes and was wondering how you went.

I also noted that you would be currently going through Pluto conjunct your sun and wondered how it was going. I went through the same some years ago, then my moon and then mercury.