Parallel of declination: how does it work?

chappygirl

Hello all,

I am confused on how parallels work.

How do you read parallel? Do you read it the same way as application/separation of ptolemaic aspects?
Or do planets need to be within 1 or 2 degrees orb to have "a parallel", no matter if it is an "applying or separating" contact?

For example, in this chart, moon /saturn /jupiter are all parallel within a 1.25 degree orb.
In the chart, there is no ptolemaic aspect between them.
My understanding is that they are in contact by parallel and that the matter could come to perfection.
The question to the chart is "will we settle?", so if I get it, the parallel could mean a yes?

Can someone help me understand how parallels work in horary?

Attachments

• will we settle chart.jpg
    will we settle chart.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 63
  • will we settle.jpg
    will we settle.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 53

Aria Venue

Hello all,

I am confused on how parallels work.

How do you read parallel? Do you read it the same way as application/separation of ptolemaic aspects?
Or do planets need to be within 1 or 2 degrees orb to have "a parallel", no matter if it is an "applying or separating" contact?

For example, in this chart, moon /saturn /jupiter are all parallel within a 1.25 degree orb.
In the chart, there is no ptolemaic aspect between them.
My understanding is that they are in contact by parallel and that the matter could come to perfection.
The question to the chart is "will we settle?", so if I get it, the parallel could mean a yes?

Can someone help me understand how parallels work in horary?

Parallels-Equal distances in declination from the equator, north or south.

The trine, sextile, conjunction, parallel, and mutual reception between the significators indicate a favorable outcome unless the significators are so weak or afflicted by other planets that they are almost powerless. In such cases;
the outcome may still be affirmative, but it may be spoiled in some way, or it may turn out to be something the querent finds he doesn't want after all.

Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson (Simplified Horary Astrology) considers that the matter will end well if the Moon applies to Fortuna by parallel within one degree...."Even if the Moon is void of course but is parallel Fortuna, she still will bring the matter to perfection." ( ibid., p.80 )
"Even when the Moon makes no aspect at all except the parallel to Fortuna it will save her from being void of course. The chart then is not only usable, but may be the best assurance of success in the matter." ( ibid., p.116)

(raphael,1877) Parallel, this is like the conjunction both in effect and nature.

https://books.google.gr/books?id=pz...CAQQAQ#v=onepage&q=parallel in horary&f=false

chappygirl

Hi

Thanks for your links.

I had read these parts but i still dont understand how parallel works.
For instance, does the application/separation rule apply? If so, here, moon will parallel saturn then jupiter. Then, are moon and jupiter still parallel despite the interposition of saturn?

Or should i consider parallel as a conjunction (like with fixed stars)? Then, for this chart, moon is parallel with both saturn and jupiter and thus brings a yes to the question?

Aria Venue

Hi

Thanks for your links.

I had read these parts but i still dont understand how parallel works.
For instance, does the application/separation rule apply? If so, here, moon will parallel saturn then jupiter. Then, are moon and jupiter still parallel despite the interposition of saturn?

Or should i consider parallel as a conjunction (like with fixed stars)? Then, for this chart, moon is parallel with both saturn and jupiter and thus brings a yes to the question?
can you help me here a little bit?what is the actual question? will you settle? where?what is the background of the question?who asks here? is it you, or someone else? or you just uploaded a chart just for example?

chappygirl

Hi Aria!

can you help me here a little bit?what is the actual question? will you settle? where?what is the background of the question?

The question is if me and my opppnent will settle out of court?
A first proposition i made was refused by him
I will meet him again in court thursday.
I dont think opponent wants to settle though.

who asks here? is it you, or someone else?
Me

or you just uploaded a chart just for example?
This is the chart of the question i asked

Aria Venue

ok i am not familiar with such questions but I'll give it a try
you L1/mercury...your opponent L7/strong jupiter...the judge, or the 'the legal process' L10/saturn... the verdict, which, as 'the end of the matter' L4/sun· The Moon is your co-significator but also your L2 (L1 pocket or your lawyer/s and witnesses) and L8saturn(l7 pocket or his lawyers and witnesses).

Mercury has no essential dignity (in Pisces in his detriment and fall)/no accidental dignity also and reception can be important, especially if aspects show the possibility of settling out of court., so I suppose you aren't in a position to push for a settlement, although L7 being in a mutable sign could be seen as flexible. The Judge see from terms jupiter, which by the way is in Saturns' fall.Moon ruled by saturn and in his detriment is inside L7 and she sextiles sun/L4 in 7,82 degrees...but also the moon here conjuncts jupiters' antiscion in 8,52 degrees.L4 is like a prize: who gets there first wins. So it seems that L1 wins (since the moon aspects the prize first...perhaps a preliminary verdict, or something like that) and then there is the settlement taking place afterwards (antiskion...something in hidden)... actually the verdict /sun is ruled by L7 and more to this mercury is stationary now and soon his retrogade motion will start, from where he'll turn combust by the sun...so lets hope that in the following days where you'll meet at the court ...decides for a settlement and in that way l2/l8 conjunction which takes place afterwards is a money settlement between both of you.
I am sorry if what i wrote here doesn't makes any sense but as I've already said I've no experience on such issues. Perhaps a prof or someone experienced might help you more.Anyway i wish you all the best:love:

Last edited:

waybread

I think parallels and counter-parallels have meaning in reading natal charts. Traditionally they are not part of horary techniques. But it would be worth while experimenting with them.

I think the plain meaning of your chart is that a settlement is unlikely. With a domiciled, angular Jupiter, your opponent seems to feel he's in a strong position. Mercury (you) is in its fall, and past any aspect with Jupiter. The moon is in detriment and not aspecting Jupiter.

chappygirl

i am sorry if what i wrote here doesn't makes any sense but as I've already said I've no experience on such issues. Perhaps a prof or someone experienced might help you more.Anyway i wish you all the best:love:
Thank you very much. It does make sense to me, i would be happy with this scenario 😁

chappygirl

it would be worth while experimenting with them.
Indeed. However as Aria mentionned, a parallel is seen as a conjunction and thus as a positive testimony by some.
Has anyone experimented them in horary?

I think the plain meaning of your chart is that a settlement is unlikely. With a domiciled, angular Jupiter, your opponent seems to feel he's in a strong position. Mercury (you) is in its fall, and past any aspect with Jupiter. The moon is in detriment and not aspecting Jupiter.
Without the parallel aspect, I believe the chart says that too.

LushBomb

Hi there :) What was the outcome in this situation? I hope it was favorable

Sorry to revive an old thread; I'm studying how parallels work and a chart like this could be very instructive.

Thanks all!

chappygirl

Hi there :) What was the outcome in this situation? I hope it was favorable

Sorry to revive an old thread; I'm studying how parallels work and a chart like this could be very instructive.

Thanks all!

Hello

The outcome was that after a 1st offer in 2020, they refused.
Then i made another offer 1 year later and we settled early 2022.

So answer is: we DID SETTLE.

:)

LushBomb

Hello

The outcome was that after a 1st offer in 2020, they refused.
Then i made another offer 1 year later and we settled early 2022.

So answer is: we DID SETTLE.

:)

I'm so happy for you, it must be such a weight off your shoulders for this to be behind you. I hope you got the settlement you were hoping for

Thanks for replying with an outcome!!