Any placements for atheism in my chart

clip11

I was raised a fundamentalist christian and due to things that have happened in my life and seeing that prayer doesn't work and that their was no loving, father figure god looking after us, that was the beginning of my road to atheism.Are there any placements that can indicate a push towards atheism?

Copy of astro_2gw_frank.79711.32890.jpg

conspiracy theorist

The combined strength of Mercury and Saturn in your chart encourages skepticism.

You also have placements that indicate "break from tradition/foundations". The preponderance of signs ruled by Jupiter indicates that it is in the realm of philosophy, faith and religion where the sparks of discontent will fly. Combine that with Capricorn pragmatism and you have a strong recipe for an athiest.

Funny that a gripe for you is the fact that there is no loving father figure god looking out for us. Your 4th house is quite afflicted my friend.

clip11

The combined strength of Mercury and Saturn in your chart encourages skepticism.

You also have placements that indicate "break from tradition/foundations". The preponderance of signs ruled by Jupiter indicates that it is in the realm of philosophy, faith and religion where the sparks of discontent will fly. Combine that with Capricorn pragmatism and you have a strong recipe for an athiest.

Funny that a gripe for you is the fact that there is no loving father figure god looking out for us. Your 4th house is quite afflicted my friend.
yeah one of the first things i was taught was that god is our heavenly father and hes always there to heal and help us. hes never been a father to me all ive ever got was silence and excuses from his followers. although if we assume god is imaginary then the world makes perfect sense.

conspiracy theorist

It's easy to knock the legs out of one's faith when they were taught the one dimensional view that God is some sort of magical genie who will grant you your heart's desire (desire is a fickle master). I wonder how different it would be for you if you were exposed to a faith that attributes to their God 100 names which exemplify different and often contradictory aspects to their character. Here is one such example in the Greek God Dionysus God names. The same god that is called Iatros/The healer is also referred to as Anthroporraistes/The Render of Humans.

Is there no practical value to the imagination? Why would the world make more sense if God was imaginary?

This is a timely thread, as I just began reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S Lewis. I'm not a Christian, nor am I trying to convert you, but I'll post the link to the book since this is a conception of Christianity that a nation found inspiring and could take solace in in the midst of war. Mere Christianity

Here is a secular take on "the idea of God". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

This is just in case you are interested in exploring alternative approaches to "theism", if only for the sake of understanding the various counter positions to your current stance. You're free to take it or leave it.

clip11

It's easy to knock the legs out of one's faith when they were taught the one dimensional view that God is some sort of magical genie who will grant you your heart's desire (desire is a fickle master). I wonder how different it would be for you if you were exposed to a faith that attributes to their God 100 names which exemplify different and often contradictory aspects to their character. Here is one such example in the Greek God Dionysus God names. The same god that is called Iatros/The healer is also referred to as Anthroporraistes/The Render of Humans.

Is there no practical value to the imagination? Why would the world make more sense if God was imaginary?

This is a timely thread, as I just began reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S Lewis. I'm not a Christian, nor am I trying to convert you, but I'll post the link to the book since this is a conception of Christianity that a nation found inspiring and could take solace in in the midst of war. Mere Christianity

Here is a secular take on "the idea of God". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w

This is just in case you are interested in exploring alternative approaches to "theism", if only for the sake of understanding the various counter positions to your current stance. You're free to take it or leave it.
Well the bible does define god as a prayer answering being. These are the quotes of Jesus who is supposed to be god:

For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

These are not allegory. I have not taken it out of context by interpreting it as it is plainly written on the page. These are statements of fact like if you flip the switch, the light will come on. Here, Jesus stipulates that he is a magic genie operated by prayer. Or he was lying.

Plus you get the same result by praying to a jug of milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

conspiracy theorist

That jug of milk thing sounds like something a chaos magician would come up with and actually be motivated to practice. There's a lot about "reality" that isn't easily understood if you come from popular perspectives, such as how things such as strong belief and placebos actually seem to have an effect on outcomes. Maybe if you're motivated you could take a look at this and see how that obvious dig at Christianity may actually have efficacy within a "Universe as hologram" perspective. http://users.unitz.ca/napalm/The_Holographic_Universe_Michael_Talbot.pdf

Like I said, I'm not a Christian. And my attitude toward the higher powers can be summed up by the words of Miyamoto Musashi - “Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help”. Astrology is at odds with the conception that you can pray for anything you want and it will redound to you in the way that you expect it. No matter how hard you desire, you have a destiny that is uniquely your own which will not be altered no matter how hard you wish - although you have leeway as to how you govern yourself within the confines of the choices given to you.

People have different reasons for engaging in spirituality as well as different non-negotiables. I personally don't feel affronted if my every desire isn't granted when I bring it to a "diety", especially if the posit is that this diety has a higher and more complex perspective that would make me petition for its help, and my desires are contingent, fickle and does not take into account what would bring me the greatest fulfillment in the longest run - however far in the future this run would be. I'm not in it for that - I think there are higher things at stake than that.

What is the purpose of religion to you, Clip?

StillOne

BTW: I had to go to your other thread to bring up your chart. This one didn't work for me.

Interesting to note Chiron in the 9th and Rx.

First website I clicked on:

Natal Chiron in the 9th house of a natal chart indicates some emotional wounds connected with education, higher knowledge or even religion. As the 9th house is the realm of Jupiter, such a placement can create pain concerning expansion through new ideas. The ninth house rules religion, foreign languages, and new ideas.

...Copyright (©) https://theastrocodex.com - Read more at https://theastrocodex.com/chiron-in-the-9th-house/

Last edited:

clip11

That jug of milk thing sounds like something a chaos magician would come up with and actually be motivated to practice. There's a lot about "reality" that isn't easily understood if you come from popular perspectives, such as how things such as strong belief and placebos actually seem to have an effect on outcomes. Maybe if you're motivated you could take a look at this and see how that obvious dig at Christianity may actually have efficacy within a "Universe as hologram" perspective. http://users.unitz.ca/napalm/The_Holographic_Universe_Michael_Talbot.pdf

Like I said, I'm not a Christian. And my attitude toward the higher powers can be summed up by the words of Miyamoto Musashi - “Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help”. Astrology is at odds with the conception that you can pray for anything you want and it will redound to you in the way that you expect it. No matter how hard you desire, you have a destiny that is uniquely your own which will not be altered no matter how hard you wish - although you have leeway as to how you govern yourself within the confines of the choices given to you.

People have different reasons for engaging in spirituality as well as different non-negotiables. I personally don't feel affronted if my every desire isn't granted when I bring it to a "diety", especially if the posit is that this diety has a higher and more complex perspective that would make me petition for its help, and my desires are contingent, fickle and does not take into account what would bring me the greatest fulfillment in the longest run - however far in the future this run would be. I'm not in it for that - I think there are higher things at stake than that.

What is the purpose of religion to you, Clip?

It has no purpose. I was taught that the bible was inerrant and everything in it was true and that there's a god who's our father that loves us. There is no evidence for any of it. And as I read the bible, I found that the god of the bible is cruel and vindictive and much worse than any serial killer you want to name. Not only that, there's no evidence for any of the stories of the bible happening. There's no evidence for any ancient hebrew empire or of a king saul or david. No evidence for a global flood which Yahweh lovingly drowned everyone and everything in. It all appears fictitiuos and made up.

Take this for instance:

"And Saul defeated the Amalekites … and devoted to destruction all the people … But Saul spared Agag and … all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them. All that was despised and worthless they devoted to destruction.

And Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears and the lowing of the oxen that I hear?" … Then Samuel said, "Bring here to me Agag the king of the Amalekites." And Agag came to him cheerfully … And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces before the LORD in Gilgal. And the LORD regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel."

– 1 Samuel 15

Yahweh removes Saul from being king because Yahweh ordered Saul to carry out a complete genocide but Saul spares their king so god regrets making Saul king. But presumably, he enjoys watching Samuel hack Agag to pieces with a sword. Loving god my foot.

In the largest single god-inspired massacre in the Bible, one million Ethiopians are slaughtered! (2 Chronicles 14).

And to think, I used to want to be a preacher. When I was a teenage I thought that "god called me to the ministry". Upon further review, it was likely my own thoughts in my own head. That and the fact that my dad and granddad are preachers.

Plus I have no use for an unfalsifiable god....because an unfalsifiable god is indistinguishable from a nonexistent god. So if that god has no discernable effect on this real, physical universe that we all inhabit, if it does exist, it is indistinguishable from a deity that doesn't exist.

Last edited: