Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 02-16-2021, 09:49 PM

draconic chart

What are your views on the draconic chart?
Is it of use? I've heard some people can identify with more than the natal chart.

Thank you!

Unread 03-20-2021, 01:31 AM

Arrow Re: draconic chart

In a Draconic chart, 0Aries is defined to be the location of the Moon's North Node. That means a Draconic chart is effectively a different zodiac, since all planets are shifted by the same amount. Checking your Draconic chart is somewhat similar to comparing your tropical vs. sidereal zodiac charts.

A Draconic chart can be an interesting way to look at North Node and South Node evolutionary and growth issues. For example, a planet Square the Nodes will always be at either 0Can or 0Cap in the Draconic chart, which is one way those points have significance. For that reason, it may be better to just look at aspects between the planets and the Nodes, to see the relationships between them.

There are of course any number of other potential Draconic-like charts or alternate zodiacs one can think up and look at. For example, have 0Aries defined to be the location of Pluto instead, or have 0Aries be the North Node of Saturn instead of the Moon, etc.
Unread 09-04-2021, 04:54 AM

Re: draconic chart

In a draconic chart placing the Moon's north node in 0' Aries, mine south node opposite true or north node is in 29' Aquarius on a tropical chart next to the sun in 26' Aquarius and Moon in 20' Aquarius (6 degrees apart close to forming a total solar eclipse on Feb 16, 1980 a day after I was born), my draconic sun is 27' Virgo and moon in 21' Virgo.

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 09-04-2021 at 04:57 AM.

Tags
chart, draconic