Angular Mars - How does it work?

Lin

Mars is called the "lesser malefic". But it's also a vital part of the human psyche. Without Mars we would have no impulse to "motion." Mars rules energy and adrenaline.

I have Mars conj my MC (out of sign) and in Virgo. My Mars conjuncts my N. Node exactly. I am successful, at anything I do. But I have never gotten rich or famous.

As an astrologer I know that the entire pattern of the chart, every position, by house and sign, every aspect contributes to the dynamics of the actions, patterns, feelings, values, ambitions of the person whose chart is being read.

Trying to speculate about a person's profile by one position only is fruitless and frankly wastes a lot of time.
LIN

JUPITERASC

Mars is called the "lesser malefic". But it's also a vital part of the human psyche.
Without Mars we would have no impulse to "motion."
Mars rules energy and adrenaline.
Without Mars much would simply not function :smile:
we need FIRE for example

Mars completes 42 sidereal cycles and 37 synodic cycles with 79 years.
It has retreating arcs of 16 degrees for 72 days.

Mars is burning and drying, malefic, masculine and nocturnal.
I have Mars conj my MC (out of sign) and in Virgo. My Mars conjuncts my N. Node exactly. I am successful, at anything I do. But I have never gotten rich or famous.

As an astrologer I know that the entire pattern of the chart, every position, by house and sign, every aspect contributes to the dynamics of the actions, patterns, feelings, values, ambitions of the person whose chart is being read.

Trying to speculate about a person's profile by one position only is fruitless and frankly wastes a lot of time.
LIN

ardentika

Not necessarily - it's dependent on several factors :smile:
one of which is the condition of natal Mars

Mother Theresa - Sagittarius ascendant with Virgo Mars in 10th :smile:

Given there are SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE on our planet
the list you offer is miniscule
and certainly raises the question that titles your thread
Obviously you can't read the charts of 7 billion people, but people who got famous perhaps have something to teach the world in how to channel the best energy. :) My thread wasn't meant to be a data entry.

Now about the use of the world malefic, I'm gonna rant about that a lot. I'm genuinely tired of closed mindedness , calling planets malefics and benefics. I think we evolved enough to stop seeing the world as black and white, and have realized that the truth is in the grey area.

Nothing is good or bad, it's just how you use it. I have Mars on my DSC, Saturn on my Asc, both squared by Pluto. Oh no the horror, how am I still alive and not murdered millions? Lol. It all matters how you use an energy print. Planets do not compell someone to be an *******, they simply give him the energy to be one. If that energy was focused somewhere else, that person might rule a successful company and be a good leader.

So lets not even go there cos that was not the intention of my topic. We have heard that Saturn in 7th denies partnership and YET all people I know with that have always been in relationships. Small minds are not allowed in astrology.

Anyways, Mars can definitely make extremely ambitious and driven people thats for sure. I don't believe there is a "preffered" position for it, there just is. We aren't in this world to be one and the same. Vedic astrologers are people who live by restrictions and use determinism, and that bs might work for them, but doesn't work for the modern world.

The middle road where neither good nor evil are exaggerated.

Rose-colored glasses are not the answer.

Saying that mars is not a malefic doesn't exaggerates anything. Self-limitations and limited perceptions. Heavy Venus chart might end up to self-indulgence, selfishness and laziness. How's that not malefic ? It's all in the balance.

greybeard

Mars is called the "lesser malefic". But it's also a vital part of the human psyche. Without Mars we would have no impulse to "motion." Mars rules energy and adrenaline.

LIN

Hurrah, hurrah.

Lykanized

I have it on my ASC. I think it can make people perceive me as erotic in nature but also a bit thorny, both of which I am. I think it can lead to impulsiveness. Some people find it alluring because the fire is quite palpable, but sometimes also overbearing. I find I come off aggressively sometimes without even meaning to and when people react negatively to me I'm just dumbstruck. Does quite a bit for drive. I'd say 4th and 7th houses would be more interested to study. This is all so typical
can make me irritable, wanting things to happen now, having little patience
I've noted I'd rather walk some miles than wait an hour for a bus
and I'm far more dom than sub. I could never be full sub. never ever. But I could be full dom if need be

in my case my Mars is slightly afflicted tho(conjunct moon and square Venus) and ruled by a horribly afflicted and retrograde planet so I'm not sure how that affects it

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

I have a couple of acne scars from back in my great battle of chicken pox '05

Too bad, Chief.

That's what I told you about fate! Indeed, the ascendant and lot of fortune govern everything related to our body as a whole. I think your sexual tendency towards same-sex is also influenced by Mars which is in an angular position in your birth chart.

Personally, I accept the fate that people born with a bad Mars configuration, out of sects and also in the midheaven, have a very bad public reputation. Moreover, the Moon is applying towards Mars about 0.4 degree before the perfect conjunction. This is the reason that I have a bit of difficulty with a romantic relationship, but I have accepted all this with a strong heart.

Eh, by the way, what is the great battle of chicken pox '05 like? It seems like it's a very interesting story to tell.

Last edited:

three M symbols

Mars conjunct my Scorpio ASC (the only aspect is a semi sextile with Jupiter).

I have two little scars on my chin. A day when I was 4 years old, I was running and fell on the ground, (with a glass in my hands...)

Otherwise, I'm very patient (and stubborn till my death). Not aggressive at all anymore (But I used to be when I was a young teen).
I don't like to give orders, but I hate authority more than that, so I'd rather prefere to take the lead if someone has to do. And, like you said Lykanized, "I'd rather walk some miles than wait an hour for a bus"

Last edited:

ardentika

Mars should feel comfy in Scorpio. Also all angular Mars tends to calm down around 27. The hot energy just cools down and is less aggresive.

I don't really believe Mars is bad fate in angular houses lol. Mars is usually where we need to be brave. Also I don't agree people with Mars in 10th have bad reputation . I'd say on the contrsry . Beyonce has Mars in 10th and I'm yet to see her bad rep haha.

Nothing is black and white in astrology .

SunConjunctUranus

a bad Mars configuration, out of sects and also in the midheaven

It's very difficult for some people to accept the opinions of an amateur, especially those who don't appreciate or at least try to read the traditions of astrologers in the past. What is the difficulty of reading the ancient texts? Especially, since some of those important texts are freely available on the internet.

Mars will greatly damage certain houses which are controlled by it and manifest where Mars itself is in the certain house or angle in the birth chart, but provided that the Sun is above the horizon or during the day or diurnal chart or whatever the term is with related meanings. Unlike the case when the Sun is below the horizon, with this provision, Mars is indeed still destructive, but the damage can still help the native person to manifest the positive results that entice the native person.

For example, Mars is angular on a birth chart where the sun was under the horizon at the time, so this will help the native person develop positive traits of Mars such as sports, active, vibrant, competitive, determination, courage, and so on.

So, it's highly recommended for everyone to understand the context of the conversation before claim otherwise.

Last edited:

ardentika

It's very difficult for some people to accept the opinions of an amateur, especially those who don't appreciate or at least try to read the traditions of astrologers in the past. What is the difficulty of reading the ancient texts? Especially, since some of those important texts are freely available on the internet.

Mars will greatly damage certain houses which are controlled by it and manifest where Mars itself is in the certain house or angle in the birth chart, but provided that the Sun is above the horizon or during the day or diurnal chart or whatever the term is with related meanings. Unlike the case when the Sun is below the horizon, with this provision, Mars is indeed still destructive, but the damage can still help the native person to manifest the positive results that entice the native person.

For example, Mars is angular on a birth chart where the sun was under the horizon at the time, so this will help the native person develop positive traits of Mars such as sports, active, vibrant, competitive, determination, courage, and so on.

So, it's highly recommended for everyone to understand the context of the conversation before claim otherwise.

Astrology is mostly about perspective s and opinions. It's pointless to argue which is better. :)

People have evolved and changed, hence why I don't follow traditional astrology .

conspiracy theorist

Yea, Mars and scars. I have Mars conj. asc and was born with a birthmark on my neck. Got a lot of scars on my left hand from cans, knifes and a couple animal bites. Glass cut my right arm and I have the scar to prove it. I also have another scar on my left knee. Regularly I get cuts but they usually heal without a trace.

Regarding Mars and the head, I had a head injury when I was two which had me hospitalized (I didn't listen when they told me not to climb the furtinure. Pesky children amirite?)

I am also known for walking everywhere.

petosiris

Banned
Regarding Mars and the head, I had a head injury when I was two which had me hospitalized (I didn't listen when they told me not to climb the furtinure. Pesky children amirite?)

Primary direction of Ascendant? Good to have Jupiter around. Did you fall on your back?

petosiris

Banned
Yep, Mars 2 degrees from the ASC.

It's a hazy memory so I don't remember how I fell, but I remember the instance of falling. What I do remember is getting the front of my head bandaged, though.

That sounds like a fall on the face (Saturn), not a fall on the back (Mars) as some Greek astrologers (Valens, the guys from the Michigan Papyrus) would have it. Maybe the term, but I now doubt the literal application of the theory.

Last edited: