computer software programs

gamzatti

Hi ,is there anyone who could recommend a good computer software program
to help me with chart interpretations? I only have a very basic knowledge of astrology although interested in it for some time.
I already have the Lyn Birkbeck cd rom 'the instant astrologer' which has been helpful but really feel I need to move on from this,as it has limitations.
By the way love this community,so helpful wish I had found it before.
love and all good thoughts, Gamzatti:eek:

[Moderator edit - Thread moved here, as seeking recommendations regarding Astrology software.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexus7

Are you looking for the best money can buy or freebies?

If the latter, then maybe look for astrolog, or astroWin.

I have Solar Fire myself, though I hear Kepler is good too.

For my PDA I have astroWin also, though I hear that Abracadabra is really god if yo can afford ot.

Faye

Nexus7 said:
I have Solar Fire myself, though I hear Kepler is good too.

I would strongly advise against buying Kepler, or anything from Cosmic Patterns. I made the mistake of buying their new program, Sirius, for $650. It's completely vomitlicious in every respect, and when I send them emails they pretend they didn't get them. Beware of this company, they will lure you in with false promises, take your money, and run.

Solar Fire is great. I have an older version, but compared to Sirius, it's like the Taj Mahal. God bless the makers of Solar Fire. And I hope those other crooks go out of business.

Disclaimer: This is a matter of opinion, of course.

Anyone wanting more info on Sirius, please email me at js_705 at yahoo.com. I'll tell you everything I hate about it.

tikana

i use solar fire.. i am fine with it

Kepler is a waste of money

it does exactly what i want

i dont run reports though.. they are pretty bad ... for horaries and transits and etc .. it is fine!

cheers

Nexus7

I have a rather antiquated version of Solar Fire on my website and my main gripe with it is that I cannot seem to make copies of it I can email to other people, or upload.

I also have a Astrowin programme on my PDA and smartphone (decided not to get rid of the PDA). I think this software is incredible for what it is, it can set up a graphic chart for anywhere in the world, can also show up transits and do composites and synastries - no Chiron, though. (I used a Casio programm to set up charts when I did psychic fairs, but had to draw up the chart and take ephemerides and an atlas. I don't need to do that now- bt herein, is my next whingy gripe - this too, does not allow me either to send in any emails, nor bluetooth, not copy as a graphic anywhere.

My other gripe here is that whilst there was once a version that showed up the transit degree if you put a stylus over the planet, now it does not, and not in the paid-for version either.

You can now keep the demo indefinitely, it is not worth paying for it, as there is no support now, and no updates.

There was another programme I tried on my PDA, and that was something called ABc, orAbracadabra - but this behaved in some very strange ways - glyphs seemed to invade other functions and programmes in a way I would have expected of a virus, though that was probably unintentional.

There is a biorrhythm package for smartphones too, but when I tried to dowload that, I was told it would not work without some other programme I was supposed to download, which proved to be inaccessible.

Nexus7

What attracted me to SF was how easy it is to build up your own interpretation files (it does come with standard interps for all sorts of stuff, though). It's nice to have your own text coming out when you do reports.
Congratulations Sven! - you got a lot further on than me with SF, then. Maybe I would have done the same if I had continued with the old fairs, instead of moving on.

BTW if anyone has any news on the pocket astro-win programme, then pls do let me know.