Philosophy of the Quartet

Hex Astrology

gaer said:
This is a great thread, and I hope the ideas keep coming.

It's wonderful to see so many people brainstorming, just throwing out ideas. It took me so long to read all the posts and think about it all that I don't have enough energy left to contribute, but when things swing around to Pallas, I'll have a lot of thoughts to throw in!

Gaer

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Come on, Gaer!

Take the initiative and shove Pallas into the discussion instead of waiting for her to be mentioned! It's a thread about the Quartet, meaning all four of them! So just go for it! I'm sure we can juggle conversation regarding all four Quartet members (seemingly) at once. :D

I hope someone doesn't mind if I mention Pallas Athena already. Right now I don't know anything else to say about Ceres. Im waiting for ideas to pop up or to remember something that hasn't been said already.

Pallas Athena, also known as the ' Warrior Woman '. It brings feminine qualities at force and authority. Pallas Athena isn't any soft woman, she is confident, tough, opposes dominance and expecialy male dominance. In history and legends Pallas Athena can be atributed to the imaginary of the amazon women. On a more subtle side, Pallas Athena is also called, Minerva, which gives qualities like wisdom, intuition, inteligence, artistic, hidden talent, hidden potential, creativity and sometimes mysticism. The highest quality, meaning the virtues can be atributed as chastity, the imagine of virgin. The negative side could be atributed as abusive.
Pallas Athena isn't very emotional, its likely more mental, more intelectual, having the perspective of life in more rational and objective way. Depending on the sign and house it can show a certain talent and potential.

When I look at the charts of powerfull, succesfull or political people, Pallas Athena is strong. Pallas Athena is very administrative, very industrious, it can show political skill and strategy. It works for solitude and personal integrity and also wants to be shown as bieng very useful, logic and pratical.

In relationships, Pallas Athena isn't so good when it comes to fellings. Pallas Athena has dificulty showing affection or love and according to the sign where is placed it can show where its hard to express himself/herself. Even if she is cold outside, inside she can boil and rarely lets it out, usualy never. Pallas Athena will always be the favorite for the authorative male figures, meaning a father for example. ( Like in Mythology, Pallas Athena bieng Zeus favorite daughter ).

My opinion is that Pallas Athena has dignity in Virgo, similar of bieng domicile. Since Virgo herself has the atribution for ' warrior woman ', ' virgin ', ' amazon women '. As exaltation would be Capricorn for its administrative, political, strategical and logical way to integrate. Its cold but socialy dignified.
And a bonus, I think a spiritual, esoteric rulership I would atribute it to Cancer, for its purity, meaning her shield, that reflects like a mirror ( Lunar image ), this example is in mythology when Pallas Athena helped Perseus fighting the Gorgon by giving him a highly-polished bronze shield that acts like a mirror.

Well this a my short presentation, hope this will help to open the subject for the second quartet. If the others don't agree bieng in this thread, we could just start another separately.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hex Astrology said:
Well this a my short presentation, hope this will help to open the subject for the second quartet. If the others don't agree bieng in this thread, we could just start another separately.

Your presentation was perfect and I'll touch on things about it a little later on in this post. As long as Ceres, Pallas, Juno, and Vesta are the only planets touched on and discussed, I'll consider it on topic, so we're doing good so far. :)

starlink said:
Thanks for looking at my Aries Ceres Kai.

No problem. Just thought I'd give it a go.

Oh, another thing. Lets look if our "productive areas" in our horoscopes (the areas where WE feel we are most productive I mean, like in the career or at home or in a relationship) indeed have Ceres placed there or maybe strongly aspected to the rulers of these houses.

I would attribute our productive areas to another Quartet member; Vesta. I'm sure we'll get to her later.

This brings us also to food, diets, digestion. Again a 6th house issue.
Personally I would connect Ceres with the 6th house , maybe even as co-ruler ? Her Joy in the 4th (if you want) I am in agreement with.
Ceres is really a mixture of 4 and 6.
Does not bring us much further though....

Maybe you don't think it brings us much farther, but for me and my whacky traditional mind, these are big strides. However, I'm not sure I enjoy the idea of associating Ceres with the Temple of Mars (Sixth house). It just seems a little weird to me. Let me think about it a little more.

Very interesting and appropriate Ceres placements for the two individuals you mentioned, by the way. If you don't mind, could I ask you to please PM me those two charts? I realize they aren't your charts to give away, so feel free to turn me down, I'll understand. They would just make interesting case studies.

Looking back at what Kai said, I think it is correct to assume that the Moon shows the nurturing we got as an infant and still subconsciously want from others lateron, but that Ceres could mean that we now nurture others. The houses probably show whom or what we nurture and the signs and aspects to Ceres how we go about it.
This would work fine with me from a delineation point of view.

Phew, glad someone else can agree with me there. Just proves I'm not going crazy. :)

Hex Astrology said:
Pallas Athena, also known as the ' Warrior Woman '. It brings feminine qualities at force and authority. Pallas Athena isn't any soft woman, she is confident, tough, opposes dominance and expecialy male dominance. In history and legends Pallas Athena can be atributed to the imaginary of the amazon women.

This is why I consider Pallas to be androgenous, like Mercury is. Mercury was the 'connector' and had no boundries, so he didn't have to adhere to the boundry of gender or anything else really, so he eventually became known as androgenous. Pallas, I feel, acts like a woman in man's clothing. She's a goddess of war, and a goddess of peace and wisdom. It seems through her we're able to take two very opposite forces (the positive jing manifested through attacking the negative jing manifested through defending) and put them comfortably into one body.

In relationships, Pallas Athena isn't so good when it comes to fellings. Pallas Athena has dificulty showing affection or love and according to the sign where is placed it can show where its hard to express himself/herself.

One thing I had not thought about too much was the Quartet in synastry or any other form of relational chart. This is very interesting, though, and I completely agree with you on a first-hand basis. My boyfriend has Sol/Pallas conjunction in Pisces, very close, like 20' difference. He's sharp as a tack and I love talking to him, but getting him to talk to me about what he feels just doesn't work out so well.

When I look at the charts of powerfull, succesfull or political people, Pallas Athena is strong. Pallas Athena is very administrative, very industrious, it can show political skill and strategy. It works for solitude and personal integrity and also wants to be shown as bieng very useful, logic and pratical.

My 'mother' has Pallas conjoined the MC in Scorpio. She's a campaign manager.

My opinion is that Pallas Athena has dignity in Virgo, similar of bieng domicile. Since Virgo herself has the atribution for ' warrior woman ', ' virgin ', ' amazon women '.

Very interesting, and I do agree that Pallas is sort of a feminine expression of Mercury. However, I had originally attributed her to a Triplicity dignity in Air in a similar way I attributed Ceres as dignified in Earth. In the Airy triplicity we have Gemini (logic), Libra (justice), and Aquarius (distance) all of which I feel apply very nicely to Pallas. (Yes, I realize the parenthetical words are very basic and keyword-y, but you know...I'm working on it, okay?)

And a bonus, I think a spiritual, esoteric rulership I would atribute it to Cancer, for its purity, meaning her shield, that reflects like a mirror ( Lunar image ), this example is in mythology when Pallas Athena helped Perseus fighting the Gorgon by giving him a highly-polished bronze shield that acts like a mirror.

I didn't think Pallas gave Perseus the Aegis. Hm. Apparently, I need to go back and read my mythology again. I mean, I do remember Pallas giving him a shield to use in this manner, but I just didn't remember it being the Aegis which I find it difficult to see Pallas parting with such a powerful object, but you never know.

EDIT: I'm here at school, being bored, waiting for class to start, you know the usual. Anyway, I was looking through some articles (most of the bad, mind you) concerning Quartet members. I found Signs and houses proposed for Pallas and Juno. Apparently Pallas is most akin to Sagittarius and the Ninth house, whereas Juno is most akin to Libra and the Seventh.

Last edited:

gaer

Okay. Here is a start on Pallas.

From the first time I read about Pallas, I was intrigued by the idea of "patterns". If Pallas connects with the ability think in patterns, it should at least complement other planets that we associate with genius. Or agile minds.

There have already been two threads about Uranus and Mercury. I definitely think that Mercury/Uranus aspects point towards brilliance. However, what about brilliant people who have no such connection?

My curiosity was about aspects from Pallas to Mercury and Uranus. So far I haven't found any reliable way to predict which of these three planets will aspect, but I have noticed that often Pallas will aspect one or both when the other two do not aspect each other.

It is not at all unusual to find very interest connections between all three. And Neptune seems to be important too.

So here I am talking about Mercury, Uranus and Pallas, with Neptune thrown in. Obviously these are only a few aspects that Pallas can make here, but it's a start.

First Einstein: Mercury/conjunt Saturn (excellent for concentration, critical thinking, good for a scientist, I think). Pallas is conjunct both. Where is Uranus? Inconjunct Mercury.

So Mercury/Pallas, Mercury/Uranus

Madamn Curie: This time Pallas in inconjunct Uranus. Pallas is once again conjunct Mercury.

These next two are a bit "dangerous" to use for data, since they lived so long ago. The date of birth may be inaccurate. However, IF the date of birth is correct, Pallas is trine Uranus, and only about a degree from exact. Michaelangelo, Mercury square Pallas.

Thomas Edison, Pallas conjunct Uranus, 23 minutes orb.

Ben Franklin, Mercury/Uranus inconjunct. Mercury conjunt Pallas. (All three planets aspect Neptune.)

Comics: Bob Newhart, Mercury opposite Uranus/Pallas conjunct.

Bill Mahar: Pallas opposite Uranus, square to Neptune (T-square)

Bill Cosby: Uranus trine Neptune, Mercury opposite Pallas

Chris Rock: Mercury quintile Uranus, Mercury sextile Neptune

Elen Degeneres, and this is really weird: Mercury triseptile Uranus, Uranus and Mercury both biseptile Pallas. Uranus square Neptune.

Don Rickles: Mercury quintile Neptune, Uranus trine Neptune. Pallas square Mercury.

Groucho Marx: Mercury opposite Pallas.

Mark Twain: Mercury quntile Neptune, Pallas septile Uranus.

Lenny Bruce: Mercury inconjunct Uranus. Mercury trine Pallas. Pallas square Uranus. Neptune sextile Mercury. Neptune inconjunct Uranus. All planets connected. Largest orb: 1 degree 51 minutes.

Oscar Wilde: Uranus triseptile Mercury. Mercury square Pallas, Uranus sextile Pallas.

George Burns: Mercury semi-sextile, Uranus trine Pallas, Uranus square Mercury, Mercury conjunct Neptune

Woody Allen: Uranus inconjunct Pallas, Pallas septile Mercury, both under one degree.

Steven Allen: Mercury square Pallas, Uranus sextile Mercury, Pallas sextile Neptune.

And it goes on and on and on…

starlink

Hello Kai, yes I will give you the data on those two charts. I cannot post them as they are on another computer of mine that I use for astrology mainly and is not connected to the internet (as yet). I am getting a totally new internet set-up this week so then I can have wireless access on all of them but not yet now. Cheers, Star.
Oh yes, Ceres and the 6th house, I was actually only thinking of the Virgo influence of the 6th, not so much of the Joy of Mars in there. OK, I follow you because I dont know anything about all this and look at you and others who DO know better, for advice. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hex Astrology

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
I would attribute our productive areas to another Quartet member; Vesta. I'm sure we'll get to her later.

Not so fast, we still have Ceres and Pallas to discuss. Vesta should be after Juno.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
My 'mother' has Pallas conjoined the MC in Scorpio. She's a campaign manager.

Ohhh! interesting. I got MC/Pallas Athena too. Now i'm happy I got such asteroid. :D

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
I didn't think Pallas gave Perseus the Aegis. Hm. Apparently, I need to go back and read my mythology again. I mean, I do remember Pallas giving him a shield to use in this manner, but I just didn't remember it being the Aegis which I find it difficult to see Pallas parting with such a powerful object, but you never know.

I read this many times, i'm pretty sure Pallas Athena gave it. Books of mythology are better than articles on internet.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
EDIT: I'm here at school, being bored, waiting for class to start, you know the usual. Anyway, I was looking through some articles (most of the bad, mind you) concerning Quartet members. I found Signs and houses proposed for Pallas and Juno. Apparently Pallas is most akin to Sagittarius and the Ninth house, whereas Juno is most akin to Libra and the Seventh.

I don't know about Sagitaurius. I don't see the link between the two. In fact I would say as its neutral, if not peregrine, but its early for me for such conclusion. Pallas Athena is not that sincere or talkative as Sagitaurrius, she can stay quiet if she desires. Sagitaurius is optimistic, Pallas Athena is realistic. Sagitaurrius haves and always finds a way for free time, while Pallas Athena is always busy. Sagitaurius is generous, while Pallas Athena is very rough as a task master. Sagitaurius open minded, while Pallas Athena is towards more skeptical, practical and logical, even if she is likes to study philosophical , she is still more dogmatic and wants proof. Sagitaurius loves to travel, Pallas Athena would do it only if its necesairy or for career/reputation. Pallas Athena is inclined towards seriousity, Sagitaurius likes can be fun and humours even in the most serious enviroments. The list can be so long....
I hope i'm not to critical, but I can't see the link between the two.
Adding to what I said above '' Pallas Athena is not that sincere or talkative as Sagitaurrius, she can stay quiet if she desires ''. I'd like to add that Sagitaurius has a hard when it comes to lie or to mask something in words, even if its for defending. Pallas Athena can do that far more easier.
But... it's true Pallas Athena is religious, philosophical, artistical, inteligent and such that has connection to the 9th house. So if not peregrine, maybe just spiritual esoteric rulership for Sag/9th ( or bieng in joy for 9th ). I think Pallas Athena in a very spiritual way can rule nun, sister nuns, monks, and people who are either dignified socialy or isolated.

I agree Juno as bieng dignified similar to domicile to Libra. But should we begin to discuss about the third Quartet already ?

Gaer said:
First Einstein: Mercury/conjunt Saturn (excellent for concentration, critical thinking, good for a scientist, I think). Pallas is conjunct both. Where is Uranus? Inconjunct Mercury.

I've been studying his chart for a long time. Its a interesting observation. That adds more to his genius mind. ( Saturn/Mercury/POF in Aries 10th, now Pallas Athena, not to mention the Uranian Kronous around which gives mastery. ).

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hex Astrology said:
I read this many times, i'm pretty sure Pallas Athena gave it. Books of mythology are better than articles on internet.

I'll double-check it in when I'm in the library later. They have several different Greek mythology books.

Hex Astrology said:
I don't know about Sagitaurius. I don't see the link between the two. In fact I would say as its neutral, if not peregrine, but its early for me for such conclusion. Pallas Athena is not that sincere or talkative as Sagitaurrius, she can stay quiet if she desires. Sagitaurius is optimistic, Pallas Athena is realistic. Sagitaurrius haves and always finds a way for free time, while Pallas Athena is always busy. Sagitaurius is generous, while Pallas Athena is very rough as a task master. Sagitaurius open minded, while Pallas Athena is towards more skeptical, practical and logical, even if she is likes to study philosophical , she is still more dogmatic and wants proof. Sagitaurius loves to travel, Pallas Athena would do it only if its necesairy or for career/reputation. Pallas Athena is inclined towards seriousity, Sagitaurius likes can be fun and humours even in the most serious enviroments. The list can be so long....
I hope i'm not to critical, but I can't see the link between the two.
Adding to what I said above '' Pallas Athena is not that sincere or talkative as Sagitaurrius, she can stay quiet if she desires ''. I'd like to add that Sagitaurius has a hard when it comes to lie or to mask something in words, even if its for defending. Pallas Athena can do that far more easier.
But... it's true Pallas Athena is religious, philosophical, artistical, inteligent and such that has connection to the 9th house. So if not peregrine, maybe just spiritual esoteric rulership for Sag/9th ( or bieng in joy for 9th ). I think Pallas Athena in a very spiritual way can rule nun, sister nuns, monks, and people who are either dignified socialy or isolated.

I also agree in not being able to see the connection between the two. I think the author was just trying to connect it to mythology. Athena being Zeus's favorite daughter and therefore should be connected to Jupiter's Sign? Something along those lines. I agree that she doesn't seem to have much in common with Sagittarius, Sagittarius is more of a global view while Pallas (being more concerned with patterns and the building thereof) would be a 'small picture' kind of planet that concentrates on one piece at a time, making it all fit together to make the larger picture, but understanding all the bits of this picture all the same.

Pallas can't joy in the Ninth because that's where Sol joys. :p I could, however, make a good argument for her to joy in the Seventh. This whole 'Joy' thing, though, makes me mad as - philosphically - the Second and Eighth can't have planetary joys, so you eventually run out of houses and have one member of the Quartet left over. :(

By the way, that was Gaer who noted Einstein's placements, not me. :p

Hex Astrology said:
Not so fast, we still have Ceres and Pallas to discuss. Vesta should be after Juno.

I think we'd be perfectly capable of discussing all four at once. If we waited for discussion to close on one of the Quartet members before moving on to another one we'd never progress. I doubt we'll ever really be 'finished' with one of them.

Hex Astrology

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
I also agree in not being able to see the connection between the two. I think the author was just trying to connect it to mythology. Athena being Zeus's favorite daughter and therefore should be connected to Jupiter's Sign? Something along those lines. I agree that she doesn't seem to have much in common with Sagittarius, Sagittarius is more of a global view while Pallas (being more concerned with patterns and the building thereof) would be a 'small picture' kind of planet that concentrates on one piece at a time, making it all fit together to make the larger picture, but understanding all the bits of this picture all the same.

Pallas can't joy in the Ninth because that's where Sol joys. :p I could, however, make a good argument for her to joy in the Seventh. This whole 'Joy' thing, though, makes me mad as - philosphically - the Second and Eighth can't have planetary joys, so you eventually run out of houses and have one member of the Quartet left over. :(

That makes me think of 9th house for Zeus/Sagitaurius. Then his daughter, 5th from 9th equals 1st. Pallas likes 1st house ? She is kinda good lonely, always tough and strong personality, doesn't need others to help her.
Probably we shouldn't discuss about house dignity or joys concerning the quartets, its kinda complicated, but still we can try. You can still discuss about 7th house Pallas Athena. It makes sense if I think about it. Pallas Athena is good when it comes to enemies. She accepts challanges and bieng face-to-face, she can handle it without intimidation. Maybe she also loves associations, but not much about marriage.

Right now i'm trieng to think if Pallas Athena is joyful in 1st house. I'll be back later to discuss this. By the way, you don't need to replace the already existing planet to find out a joy. It's just a meditation wherever a quartet has affinity or not in a certain house.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
By the way, that was Gaer who noted Einstein's placements, not me. :p

Lol, how could i've missed that. I modified it now. Sorry Gaer. :eek:

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
You can still discuss about 7th house Pallas Athena.

The idea really goes back to her mirroring Mercury in regards to asexuality. Mercury - being asexual - joys in the First house where light (masculinity) and dark (femininity) mix in morning twilight. Morning carrying a slightly masculine tint to it in that the sun is rising, which works well to capture the true idenity of the male deity of Hermes. With Pallas, if she does work as an asexual planet, then the same thing can be said about her. Joying where light (masculinity) and dark (femininity) mix together in evening twilight, evening carrying a feminine connotation to it, which matches the gender of Minerva.

Fun thoughts. :)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
*sigh* I'm going to learn to control my double-posting one of these days...or not. :)

First on Ceres, I was wondering if Ceres would factor in for people like this:

random person said:
I've always dreamed of being an actor/ress! That's not why I'm pushing my daughter to do it. Is it suspicious I brought that up unprovoked?

Some of you TV viewers will catch where that's from (Family Guy), but it's something I was thinking about. Ceres in the charts of stage moms. All they seem to care about is making their children look good and perhaps - as the above parent admitted - living their dreams through their children. Hm..

On to Pallas. I'm not ignoring your data, Gaer, it's really quite a valuable collection. I just can't think who else from that area to add on to, and you've probably got yourself a secret stash of about 150,000 names and placements you didn't share with the rest of the class. :)

I was thinking, though, of Pallas in the charts of famous generals, and expanding on that I was thinking about Pallas in the event charts of battles, perhaps co-signifying the defense.

Hex Astrology

Hex Astrology said:
Right now i'm trieng to think if Pallas Athena is joyful in 1st house. I'll be back later to discuss this. By the way, you don't need to replace the already existing planet to find out a joy. It's just a meditation wherever a quartet has affinity or not in a certain house.
Kaiousei no Senshi said:
The idea really goes back to her mirroring Mercury in regards to asexuality. Mercury - being asexual - joys in the First house where light (masculinity) and dark (femininity) mix in morning twilight. Morning carrying a slightly masculine tint to it in that the sun is rising, which works well to capture the true idenity of the male deity of Hermes. With Pallas, if she does work as an asexual planet, then the same thing can be said about her. Joying where light (masculinity) and dark (femininity) mix together in evening twilight, evening carrying a feminine connotation to it, which matches the gender of Minerva.

Fun thoughts. :)
Thinking about it I found a strange conclusion. My opinion is, as if Pallas Athena would have some affinity in the 1st house. But your discovery is strongly argumented for 7th house as well. Planetary joys, co-significators, or affinities is too early for Asteroids. Niether the modern planets were so very studied according to the houses, not to mention asteroids. Still even so we can try to think a little.

My thinking was to combine my thoughts about 1st house whit yours about 7th and we get a special Pallas Athena axis relationship. Like for example, the place were Pallas Athena is postioned is were the talents is the best way expressed, and while 180 degree from it is the place where is the hardest to express oneself. Always a planet/asteroid and other cosmic bodies, if its in a certain sign/house, the effect could also be in the other opposite sign, sometimes a result. For example Pallas is in 1st house would mean that the person is very authorative, strong character, serious and likes to work alone for his/her ambition, the polarity influence, the 7th house means trouble whit others, whit the bonds and relationships, not trusting anyone, its all work or interess, questioning why others can't understand. Then if Pallas Athena is positioned in 7th, has some diplomacy and can have bonds, partnerships and relationships ( but im not talking about marriage, that comes really hard to this asteroid ). She trusts others more, likes associations, can fight and endure versus enemies, intimidations and personal atacks whit ease. But in the other side, 1st house she/he sometimes asks about himself/herself " Who am I ", " What must I do ", " I got my goals(7th), but what do I earn for myself(1st)? ", " Why am I unhappy for what i'm doing ", makes Pallas Athena hard to express oneself in a intrapersonal way, in a psychological way. Then Pallas Athena 10th house, meaning she has dignity socialy and knows it very well, but opposite direction, in 4th might say " How does the family and the ones I love fell about my success ? Are they happy ? What are thier fellings ?", Pallas Athena knows she has success in 10th, but always ask whats happening in the opposite direction, 4th, do they fell the same way?... and so on we can talk about all houses.

My opinion where's Pallas Athena is placed on a certain sign/house, means she is confident in that position, but unsure and maybe even a bit scared in the opposite direction, the polarity, the axis sign/house. This just came into my mind, if you present a chart whit Pallas Athena I would like to test it.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
I was thinking, though, of Pallas in the charts of famous generals, and expanding on that I was thinking about Pallas in the event charts of battles, perhaps co-signifying the defense.
Pallas Athena is the ruler of strategy and logics. Pallas Athena is also a warrior. So Pallas Athena can give good military strategies, military analizes, military planing, which is usualy a job of a high degree military, for example a general.

Keep discussing, if not, then I will move to Juno.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi- wow-so much has been written here already- is it too late to go back to Ceres for a couple of posts? or is it better to move on?
Just checking-don't want to disrupt the flow here!(and there is a very good flow going on here-great posts!)
Lillyjgc

Hex Astrology

lillyjgc said:
Hi- wow-so much has been written here already- is it too late to go back to Ceres for a couple of posts? or is it better to move on?
Just checking-don't want to disrupt the flow here!(and there is a very good flow going on here-great posts!)
Lillyjgc

Nah go ahead, we can go back to Ceres if you wish. I'm just waiting for others to post more so we can reply as well. I still have much to post and certainly others have as well, but I don't like things to end so fast in this thread, maybe Kai and others think the same.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Okay.
I'm *kinda* leaning toward the idea of Ceres being the *grower* and in that sense the *provider*. I can see how this applies to my own chart (sorry to bore everyone here)-where I have Ceres closely conjunct saturn in my eleventh house.Both are sextile to mars in my first (in cap).

I have been the sole provider for both my children.I am also an avid gardener with my cap rising helping this.Mars rules the house the saturn/ceres is in, in fixed sign scorpio where mars energy is expressed in a feminine way.I grow the food I feed to the children (some of it anyway) and have done so since they were born. My role has been a saturnian one- many obstacles caused to me- many restrictions placed on me because of being both *mother* and *father* to my children. I have also studied dietary matters (formally).
I feel Ceres has played a very big role in my life.

I grew up in an agricultural area and my earliest memories are of farms.I studied earth management and have been actively an environmentalist all my adult life. Many of my friends are derived from my interest in *green* issues.(Is ceres placement in the eleventh a revelation of this?)
In my chart, Ceres is in scorpio- fixed water...I have a very strong, possibly overprotective loyalty to my children. Mars rules my fifth house, which to me expresses how I act toward my children and mars in my first is sextile to saturn /ceres linking the two houses to my first.I would say I have a strong nurturing instinct expressed in the very practical way of food provision.

I have also worked in the cooking industry, growing my own herbs to use there.Cooking has played a very significant part in my life, but you can't cook if you don't have ingredients so I feel Ceres has energised my ability to provide. My instinct tells me Ceres has a lot to do with the earth so I agree that ceres favours the earthy triplicity.Ceres would be well placed in the fourth house.
A natural affinity may exist with the moon and ceres too-everyone who gardens would know how very large a part the moon plays in planting and harvesting cycles.The sun also.
Squares or opposition to ceres may define how we express our connection to those we nurture,and how we nurture ourselves.
One of the viking runes says *One must draw first from the well to nourish yourself-Then there will be more than enough to nourish others* -So very true.
As all people have to nurture themselves once they become independent, I would think Ceres need not have a masculine or feminine expression, simply expressing itself in the sign that it occupies in the birthchart-Our connection to each other, and the earth transcends gender.
just my thoughts-still learning about ceres..open to all ideas
cheers Lillyjgc

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hex Astrology said:
Thinking about it I found a strange conclusion. My opinion is, as if Pallas Athena would have some affinity in the 1st house. But your discovery is strongly argumented for 7th house as well. Planetary joys, co-significators, or affinities is too early for Asteroids. Niether the modern planets were so very studied according to the houses, not to mention asteroids. Still even so we can try to think a little.

Technically every planet would have affinity for the First house since it's the most powerful. However, I do agree that thinking of the Quartet as having houses of joy is a little strange, but it's something I like to play around with. I don't think the Outers can have houses of joy, but I think maybe the Quartet can. The only problem, obviously, is that neither group was around to be joyful in a house to augment its meanings, so perhaps it's not a good idea to work backwards. Not something I would actively work for, but definately something to play around with.

Pallas Athena is the ruler of strategy and logics. Pallas Athena is also a warrior. So Pallas Athena can give good military strategies, military analizes, military planing, which is usualy a job of a high degree military, for example a general.

Yes, exactly what I was getting at. I quickly glanced over the chart for the Battle of Waterloo, but I didn't find Pallas very useful there. However, it was very late at night and I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, so perhaps in reading the actual events and purpose of the battle, Pallas in Cancer in the Tenth will make more sense to me.

I'll get back to Ceres a little bit later... :)

Hex Astrology

Interesting reply Lilly. People who have usualy a powerfull Ceres, or in a angular house are very dexterous, handy people. I've seen charts such, even for men. They are good cooks, good when it comes to plants, good at tailoring, sewing, home duties ( probably Ceres rules Feng-Shui like Moon ). Ceres desires harmony, and when it has found that serenity inward, it tends to wish to support others as well, financial, material, nurturing, offering sanctuary. Ceres is also very magnetic, in a telurical way. Contact whit nature and earth is expecialy important for any Ceres natives. If not earth, then the house and enviroment has to be harmonious ( thats why I point towards Feng-Shui, because a Ceres native has this talent for such science, instinctive and naturaly ) or to be sorounded by plants, flowers, trees, garden. A strong Ceres certainly gives great physical energy, also bioenergeticaly.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Not something I would actively work for, but definately something to play around with.

Playing around whit Astrology sometimes is good. After all, like the law of success by Einstiens says that X=A+B+C. X stands for success. A for work, B for playing around, C for bieng silent.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Pallas in Cancer in the Tenth will make more sense to me.

Cancer is super prudent and likes to plan everything over and over again.

Last edited:

gaer

lillyjgc said:
Okay.
I'm *kinda* leaning toward the idea of Ceres being the *grower* and in that sense the *provider*. I can see how this applies to my own chart (sorry to bore everyone here)-where I have Ceres closely conjunct saturn in my eleventh house.Both are sextile to mars in my first (in cap).
I like that idea. We have discussed Ceres both as what gives support and what takes it away.

My though: Venus/Saturn, conjunct, at least points to the feeling of not receiving love, or of not being loved. I would suggest that Ceres/Saturn might suggest something similar, of course with many other things in the chart that support this.

With that conjunction sextile to Mars, in the 1st, where Mars is powerful both by position (angle) and exaltation, could we say that perhaps the meaning is that you take what you feel you were not given and give it to others? :)

Gaer