Is there a way to confirm my Ascendent?

Bearbear

I was told by my mom that I was born at around 6:30am. So I am a Capricorn Sun, Cancer Moon and Sagittarius rising. I am not totally sure if I relate to sagittarius ascendent and sun in 1st house. Is there any thing that I can do to confirm my birth time? Thanks.

neptunian

I was told by my mom that I was born at around 6:30am. So I am a Capricorn Sun, Cancer Moon and Sagittarius rising. I am not totally sure if I relate to sagittarius ascendent and sun in 1st house. Is there any thing that I can do to confirm my birth time? Thanks.

Hey, If you have sun in the first, you can get attention more easily, your presence is felt. You are probably self-confident and give importance to your image or appearance.

If you are more shy, stay in the background and need isolation at times, then you can have your sun in the twelfth house.
First house sun people are more social than 12th house sun people. 12th house sun people can get overwhelmed by the energies more easily.

My observation;

Libra rising sometimes gives dimples and kindness of course. For scorpio ascendant eyes are the giveaway sometimes: sharp look or the colour, intensity in the colour.
Sagittarius rising; more outgoing and risk-takers. Scorpio ascendant more private and emotional. Cap risings have ambitious attitude towards life.

I suggest you tou read about possible rising signs first; libra,scorpio,sag and cap asc. Ascendant is how we approach life, think how you approach life like which sign?...

Also you can search about sun in the twelfth and the second house too.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I was told by my mom that I was born at around 6:30am.
So I am a Capricorn Sun, Cancer Moon and Sagittarius rising.
I am not totally sure if I relate to sagittarius ascendent
and sun in 1st house.

Is there any thing that I can do to confirm my birth time?

Thanks.
check out the Trutine of Hermes aka Prenatal Epoch a useful rectification technique from antiquity :smile:

the following detailed instructions
on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method
may be viewed FOR FREE at http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm
the purpose is determining/establishing the Ascendant :smile:
Instructions for calculation of TRUTINE OF HERMES that Lilly used
are stated in great detail

at the link I provided

'....Ascendant, or its opposite, at birth, is Moon's position at conception.
....Known as "Trutine of Hermes,"
from Hermes Trismegistus who stated the law as follows:
.....The place of the Moon at conception
becomes the birth ascendant or its opposite point....
But this proved to be but one-half of a very important law

while the
Ascendant at birth was the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch
the Ascendant or its opposite point at this Epoch
was the place of the Moon at birth
....a very remarkable interchange of factors E.H. Bailey.

https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.c...e-trutine-of-hermes-in-lilly-merchants-chart/
Lillys rectification source is THE TRUTINE OF HERMES
aka PRENATAL EPOCH

HOWEVER
the Trutine of Hermes is aka The Prenatal Epoch
Certainly the method requires time to process
and so it is simply a matter of taking time to read, study
and then follow those instructions
I recommend to study and read the article at the link I provided
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm
titled THE PRENATAL EPOCH - simply another name for THE TRUTINE OF HERMES
the instructions are comprehensive, detailed regarding all eventualities
so take time to process these

Last edited:

ravinderccmb

If you are Sagittarius Ascendant then:
You will not think twice in deciding about new learning / love relationship.
You keep talking about health issues, loans, disputes.

aquarius7000

It could have to do with what you attribute to Sagittarius Asc. and Sun in the 1st house, which could be off, instead of the TOB itself. Does that time put the Asc. in the first 1/2 degrees of Sag or in the last 2* of it? If not, you could well be Sag rising.

Januarystorm

i am a capricorn sun and sagittarius rising (birth certificate time confirmed by both parents and grandparents who were there)

sag rising: friendly, enthusiastic, generous, always willing to help people, always willing to go on adventures no matter the time or place, OPTIMISTIC to a fault, extravert, setting goals is something done everyday, planning making lists, education is extremely important, independent, hates having to explain themselves with a passion, taller in height and quite leggy. only wears comfortable clothes, has a more sporty sense of style, sneakers not heels, satirical sense of humor, slapstick sense of humor

now especially the optimistic to a fault is important, do you recognize yourself in this?

if your not sag, your either scorpio or capricorn.

scorpio: extremely private, does not open up easily, can keep certain things to themselves for EVER, intense, drawn to the dark side of life, investigates EVERYTHING, extremely emotional inside but you will never even know because keeps cold exterior easily, when hurt extremely long before they can move on, will revenge themselves if hurt, they never forget wrong doings, sexually extremely active, has a tactical plan for everything, mysterious, piercing eyes. usually shorter in height, wears black A LOT. morbid sense of humor.

capricorn: responsible, conservative, old-fashioned, doesnt like to break the rules, work is everything, work, work, work, work, work, work, loyal, dependable, likes routines, hates surprises, saving not spending, looks down upon irresponsibility, frugal, does the work, gets the job done, if starts something, they finish it, has a messy room, is usually quite short, usually the shortest in their family. button down shirts. conservative style of clothing. sarcastic sense of humor, ironic sense of humor.

so they are VERY different, you will recognize yourself in one of these for sure, and no, if you have a capricorn sun you wont mistakingly believe your a capricorn rising, i have a capricorn sun but ill never think im a capricorn rising, sure i have some of those elements of cap rising but they are not visible and easily to spot- even for me- its a more deep part of my psyche. the sag rising immediately rings true for me. so look at yourself, who are you? not the deep deep part of you, but the one that comes without you even thinking about it.

good luck.

vedicRaj

I can try rectifying your birth time. You can dm me your birth info along with certain key events in your life like, moving, starting college, starting a serious relationship, etc

Bearbear

Hey, If you have sun in the first, you can get attention more easily, your presence is felt. You are probably self-confident and give importance to your image or appearance.

If you are more shy, stay in the background and need isolation at times, then you can have your sun in the twelfth house.
First house sun people are more social than 12th house sun people. 12th house sun people can get overwhelmed by the energies more easily.

My observation;

Libra rising sometimes gives dimples and kindness of course. For scorpio ascendant eyes are the giveaway sometimes: sharp look or the colour, intensity in the colour.
Sagittarius rising; more outgoing and risk-takers. Scorpio ascendant more private and emotional. Cap risings have ambitious attitude towards life.

I suggest you tou read about possible rising signs first; libra,scorpio,sag and cap asc. Ascendant is how we approach life, think how you approach life like which sign?...

Also you can search about sun in the twelfth and the second house too.

I think i relate to sun in 12th house more than a sun in the first house because I am not a fully confident person and I don’t like to speak in front of big group of people. However if my sun is to be in the12th house, It means my ascendent will also be in Capricorn. I relate to certain characteristics of a Capricorn such as loyal, practical and sensitive , etc but I am not ambitious, I do not have a strong career mind or leadership. When it comes to friends, I am not shy to approach people and make new friends but I don’t like to be the centre of attention in a big group. I am usually the one to initiate meetings or activities amongst friends but there will be time when I just want to hide myself.

Then I am not sure how big the impact the other planets have on my character.

Bearbear

If you are Sagittarius Ascendant then:
You will not think twice in deciding about new learning / love relationship.
You keep talking about health issues, loans, disputes.

I am very straightforward and willing show my feelings and affections when it comes to love relationship but I think it is attributed to my venus in sagittarius

Bearbear

check out the Trutine of Hermes aka Prenatal Epoch a useful rectification technique from antiquity :smile:

the following detailed instructions
on precisely how to calculate the pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method
may be viewed FOR FREE at http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm
the purpose is determining/establishing the Ascendant :smile:
Instructions for calculation of TRUTINE OF HERMES that Lilly used
are stated in great detail

at the link I provided

'....Ascendant, or its opposite, at birth, is Moon's position at conception.
....Known as "Trutine of Hermes,"
from Hermes Trismegistus who stated the law as follows:
.....The place of the Moon at conception
becomes the birth ascendant or its opposite point....
But this proved to be but one-half of a very important law

while the
Ascendant at birth was the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch
the Ascendant or its opposite point at this Epoch
was the place of the Moon at birth
....a very remarkable interchange of factors E.H. Bailey.

https://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.c...e-trutine-of-hermes-in-lilly-merchants-chart/
Lillys rectification source is THE TRUTINE OF HERMES
aka PRENATAL EPOCH

HOWEVER
the Trutine of Hermes is aka The Prenatal Epoch
Certainly the method requires time to process
and so it is simply a matter of taking time to read, study
and then follow those instructions
I recommend to study and read the article at the link I provided
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm
titled THE PRENATAL EPOCH - simply another name for THE TRUTINE OF HERMES
the instructions are comprehensive, detailed regarding all eventualities
so take time to process these

Thanks for sharing this. I tried to understand it but it’s difficult for me 😅

Bearbear

It could have to do with what you attribute to Sagittarius Asc. and Sun in the 1st house, which could be off, instead of the TOB itself. Does that time put the Asc. in the first 1/2 degrees of Sag or in the last 2* of it? If not, you could well be Sag rising.

A time of 6:25am or 6:33am will put the Ascendent in 23-24° Of Sag.

neptunian

I think i relate to sun in 12th house more than a sun in the first house because I am not a fully confident person and I don’t like to speak in front of big group of people. However if my sun is to be in the12th house, It means my ascendent will also be in Capricorn. I relate to certain characteristics of a Capricorn such as loyal, practical and sensitive , etc but I am not ambitious, I do not have a strong career mind or leadership. When it comes to friends, I am not shy to approach people and make new friends but I don’t like to be the centre of attention in a big group. I am usually the one to initiate meetings or activities amongst friends but there will be time when I just want to hide myself.

Then I am not sure how big the impact the other planets have on my character.

Is it certain you were born in the morning times? If you have shyness and need to spend time alone, like to daydream; you can have your sun in the twelfth. Sun in twelfth sometimes gives some problems with the father, depends on the aspects. If you post your chart, i can look at other planets and house placements and give you a better opinion about what your ascendant might be.

Bearbear

i am a capricorn sun and sagittarius rising (birth certificate time confirmed by both parents and grandparents who were there)

sag rising: friendly, enthusiastic, generous, always willing to help people, always willing to go on adventures no matter the time or place, OPTIMISTIC to a fault, extravert, setting goals is something done everyday, planning making lists, education is extremely important, independent, hates having to explain themselves with a passion, taller in height and quite leggy. only wears comfortable clothes, has a more sporty sense of style, sneakers not heels, satirical sense of humor, slapstick sense of humor

now especially the optimistic to a fault is important, do you recognize yourself in this?

if your not sag, your either scorpio or capricorn.

scorpio: extremely private, does not open up easily, can keep certain things to themselves for EVER, intense, drawn to the dark side of life, investigates EVERYTHING, extremely emotional inside but you will never even know because keeps cold exterior easily, when hurt extremely long before they can move on, will revenge themselves if hurt, they never forget wrong doings, sexually extremely active, has a tactical plan for everything, mysterious, piercing eyes. usually shorter in height, wears black A LOT. morbid sense of humor.

capricorn: responsible, conservative, old-fashioned, doesnt like to break the rules, work is everything, work, work, work, work, work, work, loyal, dependable, likes routines, hates surprises, saving not spending, looks down upon irresponsibility, frugal, does the work, gets the job done, if starts something, they finish it, has a messy room, is usually quite short, usually the shortest in their family. button down shirts. conservative style of clothing. sarcastic sense of humor, ironic sense of humor.

so they are VERY different, you will recognize yourself in one of these for sure, and no, if you have a capricorn sun you wont mistakingly believe your a capricorn rising, i have a capricorn sun but ill never think im a capricorn rising, sure i have some of those elements of cap rising but they are not visible and easily to spot- even for me- its a more deep part of my psyche. the sag rising immediately rings true for me. so look at yourself, who are you? not the deep deep part of you, but the one that comes without you even thinking about it.

good luck.

For sure I am not scorpio rising.

I am either Cap or Sag rising as suggested by my birth time. I relate to certain characteristics of a Capricorn But bearing in mind I have sun in Capricorn. However, I don’t think I am double Capricorn because I am actually a bit open-minded. I like learning and trying out new things. I am always curious about things . I like to dress in comfortable clothes . I save money but I don’t hesitate to spend either. I always forget the price soon after the purchase.
But then I also have venus in Sag so i am not sure how all these have influenced my character.

Bearbear

Have you guys heard about day chart and night chart? If more of your planets are located in the upper half of your chart (above the line of ascendent) then you relate more to your Sun.
If more of the planets are located in the lower half of the natal chart, (below the ascendant) then you will relate more to your moon sign.

Bearbear

Is it certain you were born in the morning times? If you have shyness and need to spend time alone, like to daydream; you can have your sun in the twelfth. Sun in twelfth sometimes gives some problems with the father, depends on the aspects. If you post your chart, i can look at other planets and house placements and give you a better opinion about what your ascendant might be.
Yes, i was definitely born in early morning around half six. I don’t have issues with my father. In fact , we are very close in the family. I will try to post my chart. Thanks

Bearbear

IMG_2250.jpg
this is a chart for birth time at 6:23am

neptunian

Yes, i was definitely born in early morning around half six. I don’t have issues with my father. In fact , we are very close in the family. I will try to post my chart. Thanks

At first glance, you have sun venus conjunct, sun has a nice aspect to jupiter. You may have good relationship with your father yeah. I'll look at your chart.

neptunian

Have you guys heard about day chart and night chart? If more of your planets are located in the upper half of your chart (above the line of ascendent) then you relate more to your Sun.
If more of the planets are located in the lower half of the natal chart, (below the ascendant) then you will relate more to your moon sign.

Interesting.

Moon sign is more internal part of us. It is already within us. We are learning our sun signs.

When it comes to your ascendant;
If your ascendant is sag, your moon is in seventh. Do you need a relationship so much ? or someone to rely on? need someone when you're doing things?

If i put your sun in twelfth, moon can be in sixth; do you get stressed easily? do you think a lot about health, nutrition, being fit? you do regular physical exercises? or like doing houseworks, cleaning tidying etc.?

I read in your posts you say you are straightforward and open-minded. So maybe it is true that you can be a sag rising.

we are focusing on the accuracy of your asc. You said earlier, you have no problem making new friends and you organize activities. Can you have jupiter in 11th house?

Have you experienced difficulties in love or felt restricted? saturn is either in 4th or 5th.

Maybe your asc is really sag, because ruler jupiter is in scorpio; a deep sign, reflective, introvert, sharp. and ascendant ruler opposed by saturn. This can make you feel more controlled, reserved than a typical sag asc.

But i think minute can change, you can have jupiter in 11th. Asc ruler's house is important for understanding what your life revolves around. If it is tenth; mostly career, responsibilities. If in 11th; friends, group activities, social work, technology, alternative lifestyles.