the low down on jupiter

mjackieward7

So I been reading and learning more about Astrology and I am not by any means of the imagination knowledgeable as some of the astrologers in this site so please pardon if I make any assumptions in reference in the subject to Jupiter.

So I read many things about how a trine between Jupiter and the sun, basically that it is a good aspect, or that you might be lucky in finances or some sort of luck.
Based on what I found out after looking how this aspect is manifested in my life, I found out that you have a sense of humor, kind person that does not take things too seriously but try to look at the bright side, often joking about the disparities of life and how life sometimes does not make sense and a good laugh can remove the somber atmosphere.
All this is great right? WRONG! reason why, others get offended, they at times might take this happy go lucky attitude as of not caring and for some that are more on the pessimistic side think you are downright crazy and cannot tolerate your cheerier attitude. So not so good aspect after all if you ask me.

Now Jupiter trine mercury, based on my experienced, this aspect also manages to irritate people as well. My experience has shown me others do not get you why you want to continue educating yourself, in this case me pursuing a PhD degree. People think you are this egotistical person that wants to impress others. The fact of the matter it is an internal desire to continue learning and has nothing to do with others but somehow people get irritated and do not get you. So not such great aspect if you ask me.

Now Jupiter trine Uranus, this aspect has manifested in coming up with sudden ideas which can help better old conditions, but nothing major if you ask me, just gives y abilities to come up with ideas. So this aspect is somewhat good when it comes with innovating or coming up with new ideas in your job which it has helped me in the respect.

Jupiter trine Venus, this aspect can be describe as being loving in my opinion and observing morals and ethics when it comes to dealing with others, just makes you loving and deeply caring toward others. You would say good aspect right? Wrong! often people think you are mother Teresa and have no other need but to be loving and caring toward others. But then again I could be misinterpreting this aspect and might be another aspect.

Jupiter trine the ascendant, this aspect, well I do not know how to describe it, I am yet to see how it influences in life....
So here is the truth about Jupiter because I read so many positive things about Jupiter but have not read about how it can irritate others despite the fact that you have the best intentions and you are not behaving with any ill intentions, people can get very irritated at times.

My jupiter is in the 9th house
ascendant is Mercury, venus, sun 12th house
5th house is uranus

I will like to hear how Jupiter plays in other people’s lives since it would be a great idea to identify that not everything from Jupiter is all peaches and cream and there is actually a down side to this planet. I will like to take it one planet at time methodically to fully understand which the next planet I am interested is Saturn!

Last edited:

MSO

You hit on some good points. I have the Jupiter trine Sun aspect. A lot of people think I have a huge ego. That's one of the side-effects of a "good" aspect to Jupiter.

Of course, it actually IS a good thing. It's only bad because in most modern societies, having a big ego is a bad thing. It all depends how it's presented. So long as you stroke other people's egos, you're a perfectly fine human being. When you stop petting them like a cat, you're suddenly an evil being.

People are fickle.

SniperBomber328

I think any positive contact between the Sun and Jupiter would produce a rather go-lucky attitude that most people find irritating. Which I think isn't far for the person, since they aren't exactly going out trying to seem condescending.

Me, I have Jupiter conjunct. my Sun, though they are signs apart (Sun in Scorpio, Jupiter in Libra). Which is considered a bad trait, but nonetheless exhibits some of the same traits as a Jupiter Trine Sun, I think?

fullmoonlibra

I have Jupiter (considered in eight house, but actually in 7th) trine Pluto (3th).

Great power or huge distructive feelings?

Jupiter trine Pluto people find interest in the big issues which affect many people such as politics and religion, and they can have a powerful influence over the lives of other people. Morality and*and ethics are important in their lives, but this does not always mean they are strictly moral or*ethical as the trine can cause some laxness here.*This*aspect does*however*give great opportunities to accomplish things on a grand scale and their enterprising spirit and drive can lead to*prominence*and wealth. Another natural talent is the ability to transform*on a large scale.*
[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator from: http://darkstarastrology.com/jupiter-trine-pluto/ ]

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Are you willing to post your chart? I am curious as to whether you have a bunch of Sagittarius in it, as well.

But basically, your understanding of these Jupiter aspects is sound.

Jupiter is a principle of faith in the universe and yourself, expansion, and good luck. It rules higher education, philosophy, and a bunch of other stuff.

Obviously if that's where you come from, and you spend time with non-Jupitarian people whose lives reek, your optimism will be very confronting to them. If they've construed life in a pessimistic way, your "right" confronts their "wrong." Then they are liable to push back. If you have these other people's birth data, there just might be some difficult synastry going on with you, as well.

Sometimes Jupitarians do come across to others as know-it-alls or arrogant. This can happen even if the other person is reasonably optimistic herself, just very sure of her ground on particular facts or points in the discussion. Obviously, the facts are the facts, and having a strong Jupiter is no guarantee of being factually correct on a particular matter.

The solution (if any) is just to be sensitive to the others around you, in recognizing that some of them come from spaces other than your sense of self-confidence. Or just don't spend so much time around negative people. The folks in your Ph. D. program should understand where you are headed and why.

retinoid

i have jupiter trined, sun, mercury, mars, pluto and I am none of these I am actually pretty pessimistic and I hated school :)

MaeMae

Banned
i have jupiter cap sextile venus in pisces ~ fortunately saturn cap is in cahoots with both. I don't make deliberate attemps to meet mates and friends with resources or connections, but it just sort of happens that way. I don't give it much thought.
In Cap, probably an influence is there, but I have never found myself in the company of lovers/mates, who want, need or use my moolah.
sextiles are quiet, hardly know they're there working in your favor. trines are even more complacent. sometimes it's hard to see how they operate outside of the trined's ease with status quo. trines have a way of making one lazy, or no sense of need for change in life where trine exists. could be likened to "ruts" in extreme circumstance.
jupiter, the "benevolent fatso" (according to Debbie Kempton-Smith), EXPANDS, ENLARGES and opens up tight spaces in one's life ~ but Jupiter is often misdiagnosed as Lucky. Betting the house on a 100 to 1 bet is Jupiter ~ a sense that the hope of bonanza is worth more than caution.
Jupiter success and bounty relies heavily on hunches, which I attribute to trad. rulership of Pisces.
The saying " the mind is like a parachute, it only operates while it's open" is very Jupiterian to me.
But Jupiter benefits don't come as much from out of the blue as much as they do an the inherent belief system that "things will work out because I don't have expectations of anything less or different"
A lovely optimism.
I was raised by a family of Sag's ~ mom, bro, both maternal grandparents. they all show/showed me a predisposition toward - "how bad can it be?"
my son is Sag. rising ~ always optimistic.
My POF in Sag. in 5th.
There's nothing I won't try in romance dept ~
"how bad can it be?"
However, I 've had as many big losses as I have had gains in that respect.
Likely due to my beloved Saturn. Saturn keeps Jupiter real in my chart.
Pisces rules my 9th house. God gave me a Jup~Sat conj. gor a reason!
Many friends from college went onto Ph.D's, all of my mates have been Experts at teaching me something ~

JUPITERASC

Jupiter’s nature is to confirm and stabilize
:smile:

The above is according to the astrological significations of the planets as delineated two thousand plus years ago ORIGINALLY FROM A VETTIUS VALENS ANTHOLOGY translated by Robert Schmidt and discussed on a RECORDING MADE BY ROBERT SCHMIDT for the St Petersburg Astrological Conference of 20th June 2007 - ten minutes of which is available on youtube at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOjET...ayer_embedded#!

It is now almost five years since the video was released and the information the full version of the video contains has been repeated widely on many forums/sites but then not everyone knows of this - anyone interested to view the entirety of the video CONTACT THE ORIGINAL SOURCE Robert Schmidt translator of Vettius Valens Anthology at Project Hindsight http://www.projecthindsight.com/