Sun in first house...Unambiguous Candid Direct

Starsareround

Hi, does anyone else have this placement, esp with Sun as same sign as Ascendant? I'm curious because while I'm a Virgo/Virgo rising...I am way more forceful a character than that would imply, as well as being straightforward and basically a what you see is what you get personality. I have read that those of us with this placement have a hard time understanding complex expression of self with a lot of seemingly contradictory behaviors in others because we are hand in glove solar expression channeled through personality (for better and worse, for sure). Anyone else feel this is true? I wonder if sign really even matters so much with this as you are so Aries in that way??

*I also have Sun Quintile Mars so that may be what I'm feeling...

Last edited:

Witchyone

I have sun in the first, different ascendant, though. I think I'm pretty open and straight-forward. I think fast, I walk fast, and I have a quick temper. Impatience is a life-long issue. Those characteristics seem kind of Aries.

I'm not a constant type of personality like you, though. How I express myself is pretty mood- and environment-dependent. It's hard for me to tell how much other people are able to see that.

Starsareround

Hi Witchyone

Do you feel like a little bit of an unstoppable force? And do you generally have good health/ regenerative powers? You said you have a temper, do you calm down pretty quickly? I get angry quickly but it's gone pretty much immediately, except during difficult mars transits (like the TSaturn op Mars right now)-which can bring actual rage requiring me to literally run around the city to burn it off. The physical body is implicated with the Sun here.

I did read that the constant personality is related to Sun/ Asc in same sign. I also have my chart ruler conjunct Asc, so There's a lot of focused energy.

I also wonder if my 12th house Leo planets are pulled forward to the Asc as my Leo Moon is tightly Parallel my Asc as well as out-of-sign and widely conjunct...

Do you feel/look conspicuous? To all my Virgo chagrin, I am very tall and Nordic looking so I stand out even if I want to blend. I'm sure if the sign on the Asc were more outgoing I'd love that aspect of it. In my old age I'm less self conscious so the attention I get I appreciate rather than fear.

Last edited:

dcapgem

my sun is my ascendant ..as they are conjunct in Capricorn to the exact degree..
i sometimes feel like a robot.. and yes i feel i can accomplish anything i choose.. i am also hyper aware of myself so i am very aware how forceful my personality comes across so i always temper it as to not be overbearing..:biggrin:

Witchyone

Hi Witchyone

Do you feel like a little bit of an unstoppable force? And do you generally have good health/ regenerative powers? You said you have a temper, do you calm down pretty quickly? I get angry quickly but it's gone pretty much immediately, except during difficult mars transits (like the TSaturn op Mars right now)-which can bring actual rage requiring me to literally run around the city to burn it off. The physical body is implicated with the Sun here.

I can be a bit like an oncoming train if I am under the influence of heightened energetic emotions like rage or excitement. But it does eventually stop, because I run out of steam, so I'm not sure "unstoppable" is the right term. People can also stop me in my tracks by appealing to my empathy if I'm raging or insulting me if I'm excited.

Yes, my temper is quick in both directions. I have a very difficult time staying mad at anyone. Sometimes I would like to be able to stay angry to help me enforce boundaries, but I just can't sustain it.

I also have Leo Mars square Uranus and inconjunct moon. Bursts of unexpected energy, creativity, and emotion are my thing, for better and worse.

I did read that the constant personality is related to Sun/ Asc in same sign. I also have my chart ruler conjunct Asc, so There's a lot of focused energy.

I also wonder if my 12th house Leo planets are pulled forward to the Asc as my Leo Moon is tightly Parallel my Asc as well as out-of-sign and widely conjunct...

That makes sense. My sun is Gemini, Asc is Taurus. In fact, my personal planets are spread around the elements, so I'm a bit of everything. My sister is a Virgo too, and she IS an unstoppable force. I don't know if it's her Sag rising or something else. Maybe the combination of Virgo and fire creates that effect.

Do you feel/look conspicuous? To all my Virgo chagrin, I am very tall and Nordic looking so I stand out even if I want to blend. I'm sure if the sign on the Asc were more outgoing I'd love that aspect of it. In my old age I'm less self conscious so the attention I get I appreciate rather than fear.

I used to feel very self-conscious that everyone was staring at me. It doesn't bother me as much now that I'm middle-aged. I hid behind my mom when I was little so people literally couldn't look at me. lol As a young adult, I often dressed to hide my appearance. There's nothing particularly unusual about the way I look. I'm also a bit Nordic looking (ha!) but I'm average height. I don't know if people really do stare at me more than other people or if I'm just hyper aware of gazes.