How did you get into astrology?

Senecar

I used the Ryder-Waite deck for several years. I liked the "medieval" look of the Minor Arcana. In the Major Arcana, Aquarius is feminized as a woman who is pouring out water. Kinda rough on Capricorn though! :devil:

The most popular deck in history, I suppose. Many Tarot textbooks are based on the RWS deck, so great for studying Tarot. I have started learning with it too. I still use it time to time.

But my main deck these days are, Thoth Tarot by A. Crowley, Tarot of Ceremonial Magick by LM Duquette, and various TdM decks from France.

Albeit, I am extremely new to astrology, what ultimately lead me to it was the desire to understand people's personalities in order to eventually know how to properly interact with others socially.

Although I've been exposed to it through my fascination with the paranormal and supernatural, what truly got me was the fact that I always found it difficult to communicate with and understand others, it just felt like everyone knew something I didn't when it came to social interactions. Like I was the odd one out, so I tried to compensate for that by reading up of body language, psychology, personality types etc. Which eventually lead me to astrology, and I've been hooked ever since.

Chrysalis

About from 2012, I was studying Tarot. From the end of last year I was trying to learn each Tarot card's association to Astrological planets. Tarot has also Triplicity and Elemental Dignities originated from Astrology.

I was reading book called Tarot and Astrology by Corrine Kenner, and some other Tarot and Astrology books. Then I was led more into Astrology day by day, and I am here.

This is exactly how I got into astrology.

Before knowing about astrology, using tarot I used to think the "knight cups" was such a great romance card to get ....until realizing the astrological associations to the card's made me realize that the knight of cups is related to "neptune" ...Yes not so good as I originally thought.

Also a lot of tarot readers relate the famous world card as "completion, great results etc" but as this is related to saturn, then I dnt see the world card as being so nice and easy anymore.

I feel like on my journey to astrology I've been gently guided here, being shown other factors first...then when they think your ready they'll give you a glimpse of something else, in order for you to then do your own research and find evidence to move forward into another area.

Now I find astrology much more accurate than tarot ....which is why im here. Tarot to me is not for predictions it's for inner work.

I use astrology and card wise I use playing cards for predictions as Pc readings are very accurate too.

Last edited:
I thought too much with my dick.

Okay, well, that's part of it. The other part was finding out whom I was. It started when I started to self-identify.

Aritaur

I was 16-17 years old and a beautician was visiting us to sell some beauty - products to my mom (I'm a Taurus, no wonder).
When she saw me entering the living room she asked me my horoscope sign.
Taurus, I said. And she started explaining the general traits. I admidered the way she could remember all the traits of all the signs.
But I was sceptical about horoscopes having only 12 personalities explained. Now ofcourse, I understand that personalities are formed through the different planets in signs, in houses, with transits, progressions, in contact to others through synastries. Your chart is something that needs to grow. It's fascinating to know that what psychology is telling know, astrology already knew for years and years...

pinkpandaV3

I loved reading astrology posts on Instagram, the posts where you see "The signs as [insert anything here]" My birth date said I was an Aries. But I wanted to dig deeper into astrology, what it REALLY is and what more there is to it. I started to read about my sun sign until I see one of those articles say something about ascendant and moon signs. So I searched up how to find my other signs and came to the consensus that I had my ascendant in Cancer and moon sign in Pisces! :smile: It began to make much more sense to me. I started to read the other aspects in my chart. From then on my interests has grown rapidly and I signed up for this site today :biggrin:

Someone came into my life around 3 years ago. He totally threw me off my bearings and all my ideals especially on relationships were shattered. Astrology especially synastry helped me to at least make sense of that relationship, my self and environment. It feels ironic that I would turn to astrology as the most reliable way to get my answers, when it is reputed to be the least reliable "pseudo-science".

Now I continue to read more about astrology, more for myself than anything else.

AquarianRising

A friend of mine who goes by Mouse is a Wiccan. (Or was and I assume still is. Now that I think about it, it's been about seven years or so since I last saw him. We parted on good terms, at any rate.) I was having a casual discussion about his religion and somehow the subject turned to astrology. I asked if astrology wasn't actually associated with Wiccanism directly and obviously he explained it wasn't. So we started yammering about it a bit more, and he was telling me a bunch of stuff I didn't know, like that the planets are used, not just the stars, and he ended up giving me his copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astrology. Read that entire book in like one night and then went on the prowl for more reading material on the subject. After that initial introduction, I couldn't understand how people could be so intentionally ignorant on this stuff and still think they know what the f*ck they're on about.

AquarianRising

Someone came into my life around 3 years ago. He totally threw me off my bearings and all my ideals especially on relationships were shattered. Astrology especially synastry helped me to at least make sense of that relationship, my self and environment. It feels ironic that I would turn to astrology as the most reliable way to get my answers, when it is reputed to be the least reliable "pseudo-science".

Now I continue to read more about astrology, more for myself than anything else.

This is actually one of my objectives with my website, AquarianRising.net. I'm convinced that if I can just get people using it to help them find happy, healthy relationships, the general perception of astrology will positively and significantly shift. Particularly since people can't seem to find such relationships to save their f*ckin' lives anymore.

david starling

This is actually one of my objectives with my website, AquarianRising.net. I'm convinced that if I can just get people using it to help them find happy, healthy relationships, the general perception of astrology will positively and significantly shift. Particularly since people can't seem to find such relationships to save their f*ckin' lives anymore.

So, you think it used to be easier? You may be right, but what would account for that?

AquarianRising

So, you think it used to be easier? You may be right, but what would account for that?

I think people used to be less terrified of intimacy. There are a number of factors that have added up to this result. Google up any article on millennials and relationships and you'll see there's been a pretty stark shift away from permanent engagements.

david starling

I think people used to be less terrified of intimacy. There are a number of factors that have added up to this result. Google up any article on millennials and relationships and you'll see there's been a pretty stark shift away from permanent engagements.

Do people WANT permanent engagements, but don't know how to go about getting them? Or, is there a trend to seek only temporary liaisons?

david starling

Getting deep, the Planet we live on has a magnetic field, and we all have our own, personal magnetic fields. Magnetism can both attract and repel. Astrology is a way of determining how our personal fields align with the Earth's; and, using Synastry, how two Natal-charts match up in terms of magnetic attraction. The matchup won't be exact, but close enough is often good enough, when other considerations are taken into account (including physical appearance and family background).

AquarianRising

I disagree. The strongest evidence points to astrology being a matter of statistical synchronicity. The human body does not generate a strong enough "magnetic field" to cause an effect on other humans. And to assert that astrology, which is a matter of reading the patterns of planets well outside of any significant gravitational force, somehow has to do with magnetism of the planet Earth and human physiology, is not only baseless, it's just ridiculous. It does no good to go around spouting an unproven hypothesis, David. It only serves to hurt the subject as a whole.

AquarianRising

Do people WANT permanent engagements, but don't know how to go about getting them? Or, is there a trend to seek only temporary liaisons?

People don't always know or care what is healthy, David. And, yes, human beings have a hard-wired desire for the same sort of nurturing and devoted relationships one should have had with one's parent. (Not to get too Freudian.) There is ample sociological and psychological evidence to support this conclusion. Take, for example, the closeness of father-daughter and mother-son relationships. Some people have, unfortunately, had a poor example of such relationships and develop negative views of them. That doesn't mean that they don't have a base need for close companionship and care, it means their perspective has been jacked up from lack of proper parenting. That isn't a fault of deed but rather a flaw in understanding.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to provide people with an opportunity to take part in a fulfilling relationship in spite of the way they were brought up (both intentionally and unintentionally) to view relationships in general. The validity of my points is not contingent upon your agreement, incidentally, in case you feel compelled to argue them. You might find it enlightening to engage in some research on these subjects. There is a wealth of information, much of which is freely available online.

david starling

I disagree. The strongest evidence points to astrology being a matter of statistical synchronicity. The human body does not generate a strong enough "magnetic field" to cause an effect on other humans. And to assert that astrology, which is a matter of reading the patterns of planets well outside of any significant gravitational force, somehow has to do with magnetism of the planet Earth and human physiology, is not only baseless, it's just ridiculous. It does no good to go around spouting an unproven hypothesis, David. It only serves to hurt the subject as a whole.

The SYNCHRONICITY doesn't require materialistic Physics. The Earth's magnetic field is clearly strong enough to affect our own personal fields, and our own fields relative to one another are strong enough as well. WHY the synchronicity works concerning the Chart configurations is a mystery, which is why those prejudiced against Astrology simply dismiss it out of hand. I'm not imputing materialistic-magnetic field influence to the Planets other than Earth. Personally, I believe in the theory of an "Astral Plane", with its own characteristics, which aren't described by materialistic Physics. But if you're trying to convince skeptics that Astrology works, neither that nor "Synchronicity" will impress them.

Last edited:

AquarianRising

The SYNCHRONICITY doesn't require materialistic Physics. The Earth's magnetic field is clearly strong enough to affect our own personal fields, and our own fields relative to one another are strong enough as well. WHY the synchronicity works concerning the Chart configurations is a mystery, which is why those prejudiced against Astrology simply dismiss it out of hand. I'm not imputing materialistic-magnetic field influence to the Planets other than Earth. Personally, I believe in the theory of an "Astral Plane", with its own characteristics, which aren't described by materialistic Physics. But if you're trying to convince skeptics that Astrology works, neither that nor "Synchronicity" will impress them.

It isn't a mystery, it's mathematical. That's been my point from the start.

There is a particular type of person that delights in obscurity and the mystification of the mundane through poetry and misinformation. I don't have an issue with your proclivity to live your life in this way, David, but please understand that I live life according to observable facts. I'm not interested in poetry or mysticism, I'm interested in understanding. That's what gets me out of bed everyday, the boundless quest for comprehension of things that lay beyond the veil of ignorance.

So when I tell you that one idea or another has no basis in proven, solid scientific fact, I'm not doing so out of some ridiculous sense of superiority (since I've never been, nor will I ever be) but out of the same sort of steady curiosity that has created countless marvels throughout the centuries. "Astral planes," healing crystals and bio-energy fields that interact with solar systems are outside the purview of science. They make great stories, but they are poor explanations for natural phenomena. In truth, the natural world is simply more mundane than someone in your position may be comfortable with, while simultaneously being incredibly complex and structured. I understand that both of these facts of life may run counter to your personal ideals and beliefs.

That said, the methods I aim to employ are generated in a 'language' of logic that speaks directly to the rational skeptic's mind. You may be convinced my efforts will not bear fruit, as you believe that skeptics are stubborn and unbending forms of concentrated bias. But you don't speak their language. I do, which grants me an advantage in targeting a specific vulnerability in their outlook. Namely, as I've said before in some other earlier thread, my employment of tangible data. That is to say, successful long-term relationships, as well as a swift, passionate and predetermined attraction between multiple couples. The data will speak for itself, thus proving my point. The issue is getting people in our lazy, skeptical, socially neutered culture to take part in the experiment. And when all people do is complain about how it will never work, they make it difficult for me to show them how wrong they are and how much better things can be.

It's honestly sad how self-defeating and pessimistic our culture is these days. But, no, once I have the data (and it will happen in time; it's a matter of when, not if) I have no concern that my efforts won't bear fruit.