On the use of user progressions in sports astrology

Bulletbobb

A few weeks ago I posted the results of my investigation of the HA+1 method as applied to sports astrology. I won't say anything about the method here, as my post is still available here. You may have to scroll down a bit to find it.

This is a superior method, but it suffers from one serious drawback which I was unaware of at the time of my post, namely, that the HA+1 method is available only in Solar Fire. I had assumed that almost everyone has SF, but I have since learned that this is not at all the case. It seems that most people are using one of the free programs available on the internet, and none of these can calculate HA+1 charts. A pity, as it is an extremely effective method.

A few nights ago, and for no particular reason, I decided to take a look at one of the methods I tested long ago, i.e., daily progressions. This method should be available even on the free programs.

Daily progressions are exactly the same as secondary progressions, except that one day is set equal to one day, instead of one year. As far as I know the method was discovered by Ronald Davison, and was presented in his book, The Technique of Prediction some 40 years ago, so there is nothing new about the idea. In this method the movement of the planets is the same as in transits, but the angles are advanced in the same way as one would do in secondaries, viz., by advancing the MC by the solar arc and calculating a new ascendant. In SF one does this by setting the angle progression method to 'SA in longitude'. I am sure other programs have their own option for this, even the free ones. To calculate the planetary positions you would select 'user progressions' and set the rate to 1. In 'Preferences', set 'Chart Angle Progesssion” to 'SA in longitude', just as you would for secondary progressions. Other programs may do this differently. And as is always the case with any predictive system, both post natal and prenatal charts must be done.

On the 22nd, in the NBA playoffs, the Oklahoma City Thunder administered a real thrashing to the Golden Sate Warriors, beating them 133 to 105 in Oklahoma City. Let's look at this chart using daily progressions. The first chart is for GSW. Post natal on the left, prenatal (or converse) on the right. We see immediately that Golden State's ruler, the Moon, is only 9' from an exact square to their other ruler, a weak JU in VI, so this is GSW -1. Next we see progressed JU-0-IC, which in this case is OKC's 10th, so OKC +1. R7 SA is square the meridian, so it effects both teams. And finally there is DSC-120-R4 ME, so let's say OKC +2.

The converse chart in this case is on vacation, and we have only the progressed ASC-60-R10 JU. This effects both teams, and JU is weak, so perhaps we can say only GSW+1/2. From this we can say that OKC is much the stronger.

OKC's chart is less active than GSW, which is often the case. Big losses almost always show up in the chart of the loosing team much more than in that of the winner. We do have POS-180-R4 SU, which would give us OKC +1. The progressed ASC/DSC is soft aspect to R1 VE, which should hurt OKC (VE is almost always malefic in these charts), but because the angles are so close to the natal angles I wonder if the Venusian lack of energy is being transferred more or less equally to both teams. I've never seen this configuration before, so I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

In any event, it is apparent that OKC is strongly favored, which accords with the lop-sided score.

So there it is. This was not a particularly good example, but it will give an idea of what the method is like. If there is any interest I can give some details, tricks of the trade, etc. I know there are those who will complain that this method is way more work than the game chart, and this is absolutely correct. But then this technique works, which the GC very often doesn't. You get what you pay for.

Craig
Anaheim, CA

PS: For those with Solar Fire I can supply the page shown here. Use of the synastry grid makes things go quite quickly. PM me if your interested.

Bulletbobb

Did you have a question, or....?
I've been doing some further work with the method and I find that it works much better than I thought when I made that post.

CRW

mariareese

Daily progressions are exactly the same as secondary progressions, except that one day is set equal to one day, instead of one year. As far as I know the method was discovered by Ronald Devison, and was presented in his book, The Technique of Prediction some 40 years ago, so there is nothing new about the idea.

EhabAtari

Let's put this method under the test , can you predict tonight match between Real Sociedad and Barcelona ? Here is the chart

wWTr7S8.gif