SR 19 - Angular Action

conspiracy theorist

It's not a matter of it being simplistic or not, but on what has actually happened in your life. Sitting down and listing all the manifestations of an aspect will take the whole day/many days, and my goal wasn't necessarily to give you an answer on a silver platter, but to show you clearly the energies that you are contending with.

It's also not the matter of merely having a lot of squares and oppositions, but on the planetary energies involved and what is houses and areas of life are emphasized. To ignore that discordant aspects can bring stressful events and traits is to ignore a fundamental aspect of astrology. This doesn't preclude constructive use of difficult situations and states brought about by squares and oppositions.

Notice I didn't only look at your solar return, but I looked at other charts such as your lunar return, progressed chart, projections and natal. The individual that you knew may have had a similar solar return to you, but it would be contextualized differently based on the uniqueness of their natal chart and the derivative charts based on it. If that individual had the same things going on in their other derived charts as well as their natal as you had/have, then I would expect similar outcomes.

I'm not trying to discourage you or telling you that you can't engage the constructive aspect of these planetary energies. I want to make it clear why trying to spin it positively might feel so mountainous, since all these patterns seem to play off each other and augment the difficulty that you are feeling.

My own view on what I read is that any generalized statement such as "MC comes down to the ASC indicate a positive year" is subject to what the natal promise states. If the 10th house is afflicted and gets emphasized for the year, I would expect the work life to come under some stress or overhaul vs. marraige happening unless other indicators in the chart point to that.

Do you think it is your perception that needs to change? You seem to espouse a positive attitude and a belief that one can avoid the bad/difficult if one changes their perspective. Isn't this what you truly believe?

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I have a good looking SR this year - Leo ascendant with the Moon rising, and a Sun/Jupiter/Mercury conjunction in the 5th. This year hasn't gone quite so rosey just based on how the solar return presents. Why? The Solar Return doesn't operate in a vacuum. It needs context for it to make sense for the life of the individual.

ardentika

I see what you mean. Is there an escape route? A planet or energy I can clinge to in order to survive the hard times? I've always seen Jupiter as my savior in my natal.

And when it comes to that person, I get what you are saying. We had moon conjuction 1-2 degrees orb (I find the moon to be an accurate timer ) . So he was pretty much going through the same things I was. Home instability, money instability , social instability .

At this point I don't think I can avoid anything with my perspective. Maybe I'm wrong but it's just how it feels. I am way too pressured from way too many external spots. I still secretly hope things will magically turn around and fall into place , cos you know, humans never lose hope, till their last breath.

And I get what you mean. I understand that the solar return has to communicate with the natal, but again Jupiter in my perspective is my strongest planet. It's the only planet that is in its own sign and house and saves me from the conflicts between Saturn and Mars. Saggitarius in general has been a very lucky sign for me. That being my solar return ascendant somehow meant something positive to me.

Either way the year is not over and there is always a chance for things to fall into place, I'm an endless optimist even tho I fall often and Saturn masks it with gloominess , but deep down I am.

conspiracy theorist

Want to know something? Jupiter is also one of the strongest energies in my chart. I have a 5 planet stellium in Sagittarius and Saturn in Pisces which this Jupiter rules. It is in Sagittarius, conjunct the asc. and is the final dispositor of the chart. I know the virtues (and vices) of Jupiter intimately, so I am not about to tell you to give up on the inner resources that you have developed and come to rely on in times of crises and growth.

I am not sure if you can "escape". I can share something going on in my life right now. This lunar return that I am currently under is intense, and when I looked on this LR, I had the thought, "I wonder what kind of **** is going to hit me next month" and I waited. Boy, was this chart vindicated. If you want some of the aspects of it, there is Uranus conjunct Taurus ascendant, Saturn/Pluto conjunct MC in opposition to Mars/Mercury along the nodal axis. During this time Mars also hit a hot-spot of my chart along 24 Cancer-Capricorn. I recognize this time as the end of an era. And if the direct goings-on of my life wasn't enough to tell me that, my first martial arts instructor who has affected the lives of countless people and was a pillar of the community died. This is a time of great change and endings for me, all of which have been unsentimental and sudden, and I have to pick myself up and create anew from the ashes. I have to go through this ordeal and learn what I am supposed to. If I try to "escape", I get the sense that I will stay down forever and/or constantly keep getting thrown by the same situations.

I don't know if you are open to any book suggestions, but "Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage" is a true account of a set of men who beat the impossible odds of surviving a shipwreck that was multiple miles from civilization. They did not survive because they wanted to "escape", but because there was a deeply entrenched belief that they could get through the ordeal alive, as well as a hard and pragmatic view of the situation that they found themselves in and walking that journey carefully and meticulously until they got to the light of the end of the tunnel. You love your Jupiter (and there is a lot of Jupiter in this book and these men) but you also have Saturn and a Virgo Mars. Since you speak about alchematizing your energies a lot, why don't you try to incorporate Martial and Saturnine grit and pragmatic action alongside your basic Jupiterian optimism? It's a powerful combination.

https://www.amazon.com/Endurance-Shackletons-Incredible-Alfred-Lansing-ebook/dp/B00IC8VF10

Last edited:

ardentika

Sounds like we are the same age.

I do appreciate a lot Saturn and Mars but as malefics they are naturally inclined towards not a great influence. It really takes a lot of work to reap the benefits of them .

Thank you for the book also, I will try and find it.

conspiracy theorist

Yes, we are about the same age.

Good luck Ardentika. I think a truly spiritual path should be confrontational and challenging. Making peace/understanding the place of darkness/negativity/"bad" is a part of that. I hope you gained something from my reading.

ardentika

Yes, we are about the same age.

Good luck Ardentika. I think a truly spiritual path should be confrontational and challenging. Making peace/understanding the place of darkness/negativity/"bad" is a part of that. I hope you gained something from my reading.

I did, thank you. I have always struggled with accepting bad as simply bad, because "bad" is destructive and entropic unless we give meaning to it.

Thank you for your reading again.