Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Kannon

Well done Annette. Sounds like your dad is Leo rising. Marriage and your birth date should be enough to narrow down the correct chart within a few degrees.

Check the parallel aspects to possible Asc areas for your dad. Look in declinations column to see what planets are within 1-1.5* of Asc. This document is linked right above the chart when it displays at astro.com.

Annette1029

OH NO...My dad said he is sure that his birth time is a little before noon,so i set the time at 11:50am,it shows late scorpio rising,then he can't be leo rising for the 5 hours range right?Then my calculate is just wrong...but still,wanna know if i did in the right way.And i still don't have clear mind to tell people's rising sign from their look,n character...all the interpretation seems fit for me.... Is there certen trait for each sign,if it's not shown in people,then it can be eliminate?
Check the parallel aspects to possible Asc areas for your dad. Look in declinations column to see what planets are within 1-1.5* of Asc. This document is linked right above the chart when it displays at astro.com.
Do you mean check it in natal chart or event transit?Anyway I did both.
Fixed sign degree in transit:
moon aqua 6*55
mars scor 27*48
sat scor 15*34
plu scor 1*25

sun scor 5*42
moon tau 10*45
mer scor 26*45
jup aqua 8*12
sat scor 27*47
plu scor 4*43
Possible ASC degree:

1*25 leo 19*50N contraparallel birth date transit Jupiter 19*2,12S

5*42 leo 18*53N contraparallel birth date transit Jupiter 19*2,12 S
contraparallel marriage transit mars 18*21S
parallel natal moon 17*39,57N

6*55 leo
AC18*34*35N contraparallel birth date transit jupiter 19*2,12S
parallel natal moon 17*39*35N

8*12 leo 18*11N contraparallel birth date transit Jupiter 19*2,12S
parallel natal moon 17*39,9N
parallel natal mars 17*10N
parallel natal uranus 17*12N

10*45 leo 17*34N
contraparallel birth date transit saturn 17*53,10S
conjunct to Natal uranus within 3*
parallel Natal moon 17*37*39N
parallel Natal mars 17*10N
parallel Natal uranus 17*12N

15*34 leo 16*10N
parallel birth date transit moon 15*11N
conjunct to Natal uranus 1*30s
parallel Natal mars 17*10N
parallel Natal uranus 17*12N

27 leo 12*22N
Paralle birth date transit sun 13*25S
parallel NATAL MERCURY 12*22N
parallel NATAL VENUS 12*49n
conjunct to natal mercury 0*
conjunct to VENUS 2*

And is it sure that his asc degree would show in these 2 transit event,within the fixed sign degree?
Thanks

Last edited:

Kannon

Annette,

I'll try to get back with you soon to look at this further. Just know that the reported time itself is not authoritative on the specific degree or even sign on the Asc of your dad's correct chart, but you can get the answer.

Annette1029

Thanks Kannon.
And back to my consin's wife,i read the description of rising aries again n again,i don't think she has the energy,she is not the "me first" person,more reserved.Is it possible she has pisces rising?She has the limpid a little protrude eyes,n the skin quality fit her perfectly,translucent,liquid,watery ,pale.
Wanna practise skills to recognize rising sign better.Though i'm focus on my dad's right sign most.

Love2Know

I'm leo rising and I have wider shoulders than your dad but I'm Italian....... less hair with age? Even for women? Omg no why. *runs to go buy Marie Antoinette wigs.

SniperBomber328

Sorry to be posting so many posts, but I am trying to raise my post percentage up by a few posts (how's that for too many posts!)

On-Topic: My cousin is a Leo Rising, and she somewhat matches her Asc Description, but in a few areas she lacks some. She more or less, is not broad shouldered, though she is genuine and dramatic. Her appearance is more of a mix of Cancer and Leo, what with round cheeks, but a square jaw. No thick hair, but she has a broad smile.

Point is, I think you have to take asc descriptions with a grain of salt. Especially considering the fact how they are affected by planets apsects to the AC, and planets in the 1st House, among other things ("cough" genetics "cough").

Love2Know

Sorry to be posting so many posts, but I am trying to raise my post percentage up by a few posts (how's that for too many posts!)

On-Topic: My cousin is a Leo Rising, and she somewhat matches her Asc Description, but in a few areas she lacks some. She more or less, is not broad shouldered, though she is genuine and dramatic. Her appearance is more of a mix of Cancer and Leo, what with round cheeks, but a square jaw. No thick hair, but she has a broad smile.

Point is, I think you have to take asc descriptions with a grain of salt. Especially considering the fact how they are affected by planets apsects to the AC, and planets in the 1st House, among other things ("cough" genetics "cough").

IN Whole signs I have a stellium leo first house so I think I should be pretty leo looking. I also know a leo riser woman who is half my size. She is still beautiful and has a great smile though. I am just a giant boned freak. Also something MSO, pointed out to me about leo risers having very fleshy legs. This for myself is 1000 percent true. I have beastly legs.

SniperBomber328

IN Whole signs I have a stellium leo first house so I think I should be pretty leo looking. I also know a leo riser woman who is half my size. She is still beautiful and has a great smile though. I am just a giant boned freak. Also something MSO, pointed out to me about leo risers having very fleshy legs. This for myself is 1000 percent true. I have beastly legs.

Thought Big-Bonned was more of a Cancerian/Piscean/Gemini/Saggittarius thing?

Love2Know

In which world? Gemini youthful, fishys thin slender like a fish lol besides shark, Sag very tall (in theory), Cancer men maybe big 'muscles' some of the men are good fighters (depends on placement.. mars wtv), can gain muscles easily..... ROCKY! Umm but the cancer suns I know which is a lot are generally shorter than me and thin *** wrists very thin in general. Longer think limbs. I have non of that. Also big round eyes generally, I have been mistaken for part asian lol.

Last edited:

SniperBomber328

Guess mine, since I see people with those signs quite often, and they are big-bonned. Always thoguht of leos as squared and wide, chest-wise!

Last edited:

Annette1029

My dad has big bones, strong legs too.I think he is pretty blocky for chinese:smile:
And he has the typical broad smile.Feel confident to chat to anyone,even strangers.(doesn't like what rising scorpio would do?)

Kannon

Thanks Kannon.
And back to my consin's wife,i read the description of rising aries again n again,i don't think she has the energy,she is not the "me first" person,more reserved.Is it possible she has pisces rising?She has the limpid a little protrude eyes,n the skin quality fit her perfectly,translucent,liquid,watery ,pale.
Wanna practise skills to recognize rising sign better.Though i'm focus on my dad's right sign most.

You may be right about your cousin. It can be difficult to tell from one photo. You know her and see her in person, I assume. The personality will make it most obvious.

JUPITERASC

My skin is very fair, and I do have a general Pisces look, as long as one considers the Saturn. But one thing about the hair color is that it depends on ethnicity, obviously. I'm a partblood American Indian, so my hair would be dark anyway. :) My mother has the true, crow's wing black native hair, but blue eyes and freckles! Genetics are weird. My eyes are "classic" part-blood green, although I've read that dark eyes or dark green eyes are typical of Pisces, too.

My astrology "teacher" was black, and so of course, she taught me to look for other markers for rising signs than coloring. :) (She's a gorgeous, tall Capricorn Rising with Venus trine the Asc and wonderful bone structure!)

Alternative ethnicities with blue as well as green and grey eyes are featured in these two videos - this is part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRgcEUOVcw&feature=related and here is part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZxjwT8PT8&feature=related :smile:

Kannon

My dad has big bones, strong legs too.I think he is pretty blocky for chinese:smile:
And he has the typical broad smile.Feel confident to chat to anyone,even strangers.(doesn't like what rising scorpio would do?)

After taking a look at the chart possibilities based upon the time your dad gave you, he probably is Scorpio rising. There are some aspects that allow him to express the Scorpionic mode more outwardly and intensely than the average introverted type. Moon in declination [17N11] is parallel Mars [17N13] and Uranus [17N13]. These are roughly ContraParallel the 12SCO10 Asc. This means he'd come across sometimes as a fire/air person even if he were Scorpio rising. This means his feelings and attitudes are strong and close to the surface. He's capable of entertaining people, being spontaneously creative, or standing up to fight against injustice without fear.

Here are the possible Ascendants in Scorpio for your dad. (Chart ruler Pluto is in 10th house of each):
longitude [declination]
12SCO10 [15S29] - square Uranus, MC Parallel Moon-Mars-Uranus
10SCO55 [15S06] - same...
01SCO29 [11S59] - Mercury-Venus CP Asc.
00SCO13 [11S33] - Mercury-Venus CP ASc; Jupiter Parallel Asc; chart contains 3rd-9th sign interceptions w/ Moon in 9th indicating travel work, publishing or making a living in a land other than his birth place. This chart is also the one that most suggests he could be a powerful man, a potential threat to people in authority or able to lead. Pluto <1*20> from exact Parallel with MC.

Start with the chart that most seems like him and see what the two dates show when the chart is set with transits first. Then try the progressions. Good luck.

SniperBomber328

I meant of you sniper cuz didnt you say to guess your ascendant?

Oh no I didn't mean "Guess mine" in the sense of mine asc. I meant "guess mine" in the casual sense, like, "I guess my family is like that", or something. Haha, but I can post my pic, just need to find the camera and take a good one,if you want lol. Though I doubt I fit the Scoprio AC bill, since I look nothing like what the decriptions describe of a typical Scorpio Rising.

Annette1029

After taking a look at the chart possibilities based upon the time your dad gave you, he probably is Scorpio rising. There are some aspects that allow him to express the Scorpionic mode more outwardly and intensely than the average introverted type. Moon in declination [17N11] is parallel Mars [17N13] and Uranus [17N13]. These are roughly ContraParallel the 12SCO10 Asc. This means he'd come across sometimes as a fire/air person even if he were Scorpio rising. This means his feelings and attitudes are strong and close to the surface. He's capable of entertaining people, being spontaneously creative, or standing up to fight against injustice without fear.

Here are the possible Ascendants in Scorpio for your dad. (Chart ruler Pluto is in 10th house of each):
longitude [declination]
12SCO10 [15S29] - square Uranus, MC Parallel Moon-Mars-Uranus
10SCO55 [15S06] - same...
01SCO29 [11S59] - Mercury-Venus CP Asc.
00SCO13 [11S33] - Mercury-Venus CP ASc; Jupiter Parallel Asc; chart contains 3rd-9th sign interceptions w/ Moon in 9th indicating travel work, publishing or making a living in a land other than his birth place. This chart is also the one that most suggests he could be a powerful man, a potential threat to people in authority or able to lead. Pluto <1*20> from exact Parallel with MC.

Start with the chart that most seems like him and see what the two dates show when the chart is set with transits first. Then try the progressions. Good luck.
Thanks a lot!
And OH NO!Now he is gonna tell me again that i'm just like him(which i hate he predict my life with his experience).