Transits for major life changes

Flapjacks

Hey all,

Could the start of 1st Saturn return signal life changes? Probably.

Everything was going along, not very interesting, monotonous, sort of stagnated and lonely... and boom boom it's all up in the air, totally unexpected. The real changes must be finalized by the end of December, just in time for Saturn to come within 3 degrees of my natal Saturn in the 6th house (also coinciding with t. Mars on the Midheaven 0 deg). Saturn rules my Mars and Moon, and 8th house. t. Pluto has been sitting on Mars for too long and t. Uranus square it.

1) My job is being relocated. My boss told me he wants me to be his successor when he retires.
2) My boyfriend sold his house we've been living in, making the decision in a matter of a couple days and pulling that rug out from under me. We fought (only the third time ever in four years). I cried in front of him for the first time ever about how scared I was not knowing where to live. It was embarrassing. But we're good now.
3) I'm moving to follow my job to a new city. Or maybe not. I could also leave my job and go somewhere else. Haven't decided. Three things make it hard emotionally: I don't like living in cities compared to rural areas, my family is nowhere near the city, and it's more expensive. But must make decisions. Career or family? Emotional security or financial? Keep to my old ways as much as possible, limiting change, or doing something risky that could have a good payoff (like taking over a company)? :unsure:

Found all this out within a week.

Curious if my decisions now will lead to prospering or disaster. Any tips for evaluating that astrologically? :whistling: Because, I don't have a lot of time...

Last edited:

Inline

Everything was going along, not very interesting, monotonous, sort of stagnated and lonely... and boom boom it's all up in the air, totally unexpected.

Flapjacks,

Your 1st Saturn return is signaling life changes, and the universe is telling you what your next move has to be...

..your boyfriends house finally/suddenly sells.. your job is relocating...and your boss offers you the job of a life time.

Usually what happens to those who resist, is disasterous. Be open, have courage and keep us up to date. Good luck.

Inline

Vista

Mars rules your 11th house of hopes and wishes. T Pluto has been conjuncting your natal Mars, T Uranus squares it. Pluto is about transformation, Uranus is about sudden and unexpected changes or opportunity and Mars is action. All these planets are coming together to push you in another direction and towards your destiny. Having financial security is what will sustain your life. You have already described that your life is monotonous, lonely, and stagnated. The lonely part I am not understanding since you live with your boyfriend and your family are nearby? Interesting what your boyfriend did, obviously he was thinking about himself. That's what I think you should do, think about yourself.

Hey all,

Everything was going along, not very interesting, monotonous, sort of stagnated and lonely... and boom boom it's all up in the air, totally unexpected. The real changes must be finalized by the end of December, just in time for Saturn to come within 3 degrees of my natal Saturn in the 6th house (also coinciding with t. Mars on the Midheaven 0 deg). Saturn rules my Mars and Moon, and 8th house. t. Pluto has been sitting on Mars for too long and t. Uranus square it.

1) My job is being relocated. My boss told me he wants me to be his successor when he retires.
2) My boyfriend sold his house we've been living in, making the decision in a matter of a couple days and pulling that rug out from under me. We fought (only the third time ever in four years). I cried in front of him for the first time ever about how scared I was not knowing where to live. It was embarrassing. But we're good now.
3) I'm moving to follow my job to a new city. Or maybe not. I could also leave my job and go somewhere else. Haven't decided. Three things make it hard emotionally: I don't like living in cities compared to rural areas, my family is nowhere near the city, and it's more expensive. But must make decisions. Career or family? Emotional security or financial? Keep to my old ways as much as possible, limiting change, or doing something risky that could have a good payoff (like taking over a company)? :unsure:

Curious if my decisions now will lead to prospering or disaster. Any tips for evaluating that astrologically? :whistling: Because, I don't have a lot of time...

Last edited:

unique_astrology

Are you still located in the far Northwest or returned to near birthplace?

Bob

PS A lot of what you have posted about your bf might be connected to the strong Pluto square Asc in his chart (less than 3° from exact). Affecting the relationship might be your progressed Saturn on his relocated Asc if in the far Northwest.

In longitude your progressed Neptune is square his natal Pluto. In right ascension it is the midpoint of your progressing Mars-Neptune that is approaching that square.

Attachments

• H R N F R P.gif
    H R N F R P.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 33

Flapjacks

Flapjacks,

Your 1st Saturn return is signaling life changes, and the universe is telling you what your next move has to be...

..your boyfriends house finally/suddenly sells.. your job is relocating...and your boss offers you the job of a life time.

Usually what happens to those who resist, is disasterous. Be open, have courage and keep us up to date. Good luck.

Inline

Hi Inline, thanks for the encouragement. :love:

Vista said:
Mars rules your 11th house of hopes and wishes. T Pluto has been conjuncting your natal Mars, T Uranus squares it. Pluto is about transformation, Uranus is about sudden and unexpected changes or opportunity and Mars is action. All these planets are coming together to push you in another direction and towards your destiny. Having financial security is what will sustain your life. You have already described that your life is monotonous, lonely, and stagnated. The lonely part I am not understanding since you live with your boyfriend and your family are nearby? Interesting what your boyfriend did, obviously he was thinking about himself. That's what I think you should do, think about yourself.

Pluto, Uranus and Mars are all volatile planets. It seems to speak a lot about risk. Which seems, in conjunction with a Saturn return (where Saturn is stability) really.... well.... risky. :pinched:

The thing is I don't know if I will have financial security no matter what I do. Despite all the praise and goodwill, I am underpaid. I make less than 30,000 a year, even though I have a degree and work in my field. Rent (if I didn't get a roommate) would cost 50% of my current income if I relocated, so my wages don't really reflect cost of living. I took... a risk... and asked point blank for a wage increase if I were to move. I don't know if they'll give it to me, but they did make indications that they'd want me to devote a lot of extra effort/my own time if they did.

My boyfriend started college last Aug and stays at the campus, coming back on weekends (he is not able to afford the house while he's in college... he thought he could but it was an error in judgement, and why he sold the house, even though it's a bad time for me... he was falling in the hole really fast).

Even though I'm closer to family staying put, they are still a half hour drive away for the closest person.

unique_astrology said:

Bob

PS A lot of what you have posted about your bf might be connected to the strong Pluto square Asc in his chart (less than 3° from exact). Affecting the relationship might be your progressed Saturn on his relocated Asc if in the far Northwest.

In longitude your progressed Neptune is square his natal Pluto. In right ascension it is the midpoint of your progressing Mars-Neptune that is approaching that square.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to look up all that and posting the progressed charts! I have difficulty interpreting progressions, but the Saturn-Asc seems prominent. We are still in the Northwest.

t. Pluto also transit over his Asc not too long ago (when we met).

Last edited:

sethi

The decisions will be hard, as these will be lifelong decisions.For some people the first saturn return is quite difficult (mine was horrible) and not until saturn passed from its natal position to the third house (counting the natal house also) did peace return to me some what.

So I would suggest to just go with the flow and don't fight it

Flapjacks

Bob

Thinking about it more: Can I ask why you thought the Pluto sq. Asc was important, and what the progressed Neptune would signify?

Sethi, there is no flow to go with. And I'm wondering if that is what a Saturn return means. I have to own up to a decision, that only I can make, and it's hard to know if it's the "right" one. But there is no way out... a decision must be made. And the options are: Try to limit altering my environment as much as possible, go towards a job that will be likely stable but not as challenging or stimulating, but I get to maintain relationships with my family easier and have more financial security. OR: I could completely change around my life, work in a new environment with new responsibilities that is challenging and stimulating, with potential to move up, but risk financial security to do so and be more isolated initially. One has short term appeal but the other may have long term benefits if I do well.

And I honestly, truly don't know which path to take. :sad:

unique_astrology

Thinking about it more: Can I ask why you thought the Pluto sq. Asc was important, and what the progressed Neptune would signify?:

The strong Pluto could indicate a person set in their ways, not prone to change easily. Your Neptune or Mars-Neptune midpoint aspecting it could outline a time of not seeing things in the same light.

Bob

JUPITERASC

Hey all,

Everything was going along,
not very interesting, monotonous, sort of stagnated and lonely...
and boom boom it's all up in the air,
totally unexpected.

The real changes must be finalized by the end of December, just in time for Saturn to come within 3 degrees of my natal Saturn in the 6th house (also coinciding with t. Mars on the Midheaven 0 deg). Saturn rules my Mars and Moon, and 8th house. t. Pluto has been sitting on Mars for too long and t. Uranus square it.

2) My boyfriend sold his house we've been living in,
making the decision in a matter of a couple days
and pulling that rug out from under me.

We fought (only the third time ever in four years). I cried in front of him for the first time ever about how scared I was not knowing where to live. It was embarrassing. But we're good now.
3) I'm moving to follow my job to a new city.
Or maybe not.

I could also leave my job and go somewhere else.
Haven't decided.

Three things make it hard emotionally: I don't like living in cities compared to rural areas, my family is nowhere near the city, and it's more expensive.
But must make decisions.

Career or family?
Emotional security or financial?
Keep to my old ways as much as possible, limiting change, or doing something risky that could have a good payoff (like taking over a company)? :unsure:

Significantly, these changes are SIMULTANEOUSLY linked to career AND home :smile:

On 3 November 2013
there was a Solar Eclipse
exactly square your MC/IC axis

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as change of career
relationship changes
relocation

An eclipse does not necessarily affect everyone,
only those whose natal charts are connected to it
by aspect to their natal planets
and/or
aspect to their ASC/DESC/IC/MC

keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a yearAND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later

changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends
co-workers
and not solely to family
when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years,
decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....' http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE
has written a book explaining the effects of eclipses in natal astrology
as well as the effect of eclipses on cities and nations aka mundane astrology

BILL MERIDIAN well known expert on Financial Astrology
applies eclipses to financial matters as well as to natal

QUOTE FROM:
"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually.

When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth

By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California,
which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York,
we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not.
People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you.
If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

THE NATAL PART OF THE BOOK
explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after
- usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

and

An eclipse
can link two places together.

sethi

Thinking about it more: Can I ask why you thought the Pluto sq. Asc was important, and what the progressed Neptune would signify?

Sethi, there is no flow to go with. And I'm wondering if that is what a Saturn return means. I have to own up to a decision, that only I can make, and it's hard to know if it's the "right" one. But there is no way out... a decision must be made. And the options are: Try to limit altering my environment as much as possible, go towards a job that will be likely stable but not as challenging or stimulating, but I get to maintain relationships with my family easier and have more financial security. OR: I could completely change around my life, work in a new environment with new responsibilities that is challenging and stimulating, with potential to move up, but risk financial security to do so and be more isolated initially. One has short term appeal but the other may have long term benefits if I do well.

And I honestly, truly don't know which path to take. :sad:

That's what going with the flow means. Here at this point you will have to make your own choice and nobody else will help you much (other than your partner) but basically deep down in your heart you will be the one making the decision.
I cannot predict what decision you will take. But that is your fate. so choose wisely with good spirits (and not when depressed), and you will go far.

Flapjacks

Significantly, these changes are SIMULTANEOUSLY linked to career AND home :smile:

On 3 November 2013
there was a Solar Eclipse
exactly square your MC/IC axis

Thank you for presenting this! That is a great clue as to what is signifying these changes. I looked up the eclipse on my boyfriend's chart as well, but no significant aspects (it does fall in his 10th house).

For the day he sold the house, this transit really sticks out for him:

tJupiter located in his 8th house, creating a yod (quincunx) with his natal Venus and Mars, which are 58 degrees apart. Venus is in his 2nd house Pisces (conjunct Sun/Mercury), and rules his 4th house. Mars falls in his 1st house Capricorn. Currently, Saturn is trine/sextile his Venus/Mars from the 11th house cusp. The day he signed, tVenus/Sun joined tSaturn. Closest aspect is tJupiter quincunx Venus, which became exact that day.

Welp, there you go.

Another "coincidence": He set the date for closing/transfer of property to Dec. 22, the day of the new moon. Or rather, we did. He wanted it sooner and I convinced him to push it out so we could have more time to move. I had no idea it was the new moon.

New Moon in his chart: falls in 12th house, in t-square with Sun/Pluto natal opposition 2 degrees, close to his ASC (bringing up that Pluto/ASC square mentioned by unique_astrology).

New Moon in my chart: falls on 8th house cusp, quincunx Sun/Mercury and conjunct Neptune.

That doesn't look very pleasant.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Remember what Ivy Goldstein Jacobson and many other famous astrologers of the 20th century states about using transits to predict events:

First, no transit will be indicative of a physical event if the transiting planet does not already have a Ptolemaic relationship between the planet in the natal chart that it is transiting to.

If the transiting planet does have such a relationship in the natal chart, then you must see the proposed event in four ways(other prediction measures such as solar returns, planetary returns, lunar returns, solar arc directions or 2ndary progressions, or other transits that piggy back on it(having their own appropriate relationships in the natal chart of course).

If there are less of these other confirmations, then:

See one connection: Maybe.

See two connections: possibly

See three connections: probably.

However, if you are not talking about a physical event happening, and its actually an emotional or mental stress, then only one transit is necessary, and its connection in the natal chart isn't as important.

I would add one other caveat. From my extensive studies of choose times to buy lottery tickets where my wife actually got numbers correct and didn't get numbers correct when she bought when I told her to do so, Transiting planets of low Power at the time of the exactness of the transit, won't do much, even if all the other conditions are met.

Flapjacks

Remember what Ivy Goldstein Jacobson and many other famous astrologers of the 20th century states about using transits to predict events:

First, no transit will be indicative of a physical event if the transiting planet does not already have a Ptolemaic relationship between the planet in the natal chart that it is transiting to.

If the transiting planet does have such a relationship in the natal chart, then you must see the proposed event in four ways(other prediction measures such as solar returns, planetary returns, lunar returns, solar arc directions or 2ndary progressions, or other transits that piggy back on it(having their own appropriate relationships in the natal chart of course).

If there are less of these other confirmations, then:

See one connection: Maybe.

See two connections: possibly

See three connections: probably.

However, if you are not talking about a physical event happening, and its actually an emotional or mental stress, then only one transit is necessary, and its connection in the natal chart isn't as important.

I would add one other caveat. From my extensive studies of choose times to buy lottery tickets where my wife actually got numbers correct and didn't get numbers correct when she bought when I told her to do so, Transiting planets of low Power at the time of the exactness of the transit, won't do much, even if all the other conditions are met.

Thanks for the overview, Zarathu. Good points.

I'm not trying to predict anything in particular (e.g. will I keep my job? Will we move to such and such city?)... just noticing these coinciding transits, life events, and wondering if those connections are there. I'm no where near experienced enough to look at all the different types of charts and draw conclusions that way, and don't feel comfortable asking anyone else to do so (unique_astrology has looked into progressions and relocated charts, which is more than enough and very insightful), unless they feel it's useful for them.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be throwing the question out there otherwise. :innocent: I'm a lot less scared than I was a few days ago; at least, I've stuffed it down some now, so thanks to Inline and sethi for the kind words!

It still amazes me how relevant astrology is, and how much some of you have dedicated to it in practice.

unique_astrology

I'm a lot less scared than I was a few days ago; at least, I've stuffed it down some now,

Attached is your progressed anlunar covering the time I sent you the PM with my opinion regarding upcoming transits to your chart and that of your bf.

I knew you were concerned (distressed) about your situation but not the extent it took until I did this chart (which I did right after I sent the PM). When I saw it I decided not to say anything about it unless you brought up your feelings which you now have. Another factor was looking at your bf's progressed anlunar for that evening which may have described his reaction to your reaction.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 33

Flapjacks

Attached is your progressed anlunar covering the time I sent you the PM with my opinion regarding upcoming transits to your chart and that of your bf.

I knew you were concerned (distressed) about your situation but not the extent it took until I did this chart (which I did right after I sent the PM). When I saw it I decided not to say anything about it unless you brought up your feelings which you now have. Another factor was looking at your bf's progressed anlunar for that evening which may have described his reaction to your reaction.

Will the transit of Saturn through those points be a "trigger" or important factor? That would be in 2016, though, so perhaps not relevant.

My bf is extremely stressed about the situation as well. His stress is a lot of where I am going to go, and feeling like he's made the right move for him but not for me. I think we'll be a lot better once everything is over with and settled. But until then it's really hard.

Thinking further about his relocated Asc, and approaching Saturn return for me on that Asc... my bf is having an increasing urge to leave the NW altogether, but I'm holding him here because I can't leave... or at least, don't have the means. Now that he's sold his house, there is nothing keeping him here but me. And as much as I want to go with him and do whatever he wants, I don't want to go somewhere with no job or plan (how Saturnine does that sound?). Neither of us want to move to where my current job is, but don't see any way around it for now.. and perhaps this next year it will come to head as to what the decision now will lead to.

I know in the synastry, my natal Uranus is square his Moon and Mercury/Venus, opposing his Saturn (forming a grand cross to his t-square). Not sure how that might relate to the anlunar nadir/midpoints on natal Uranus, if at all.

unique_astrology

Will the transit of Saturn through those points be a "trigger" or important factor? That would be in 2016, though, so perhaps not relevant.

. . .

I know in the synastry, my natal Uranus is square his Moon and Mercury/Venus, opposing his Saturn (forming a grand cross to his t-square). Not sure how that might relate to the anlunar nadir/midpoints on natal Uranus, if at all.

Saturn's transit to your midpoints will be in play at another time and will not be relevant to the here and now.

Those midpoints and your natal Uranus position were relevant at the time the anlunar was progressed to because they were swept by (on the angle) the progressed chart angle at that time.

The angles of progressed lunar returns of any kind (natal or anlunar, direct or demi) have a 'shelf life' of about 14 days during which time they progress 180 degrees (about 13 degrees each day - measured by exactly the Moon's transit arc).

When your natal Uranus is involved in an aspect his Moon and Mercury will be also. The other points are 4 or 5 degrees different in true body position (right ascension) and will be involved at another time dependent on the speed of the planet creating the aspect.

JUPITERASC

Thank you for presenting this!

That is a great clue as to what is signifying these changes.
I looked up the eclipse on my boyfriend's chart as well,
but no significant aspects (it does fall in his 10th house).

For the day he sold the house, this transit really sticks out for him:

tJupiter located in his 8th house, creating a yod (quincunx) with his natal Venus and Mars, which are 58 degrees apart. Venus is in his 2nd house Pisces (conjunct Sun/Mercury), and rules his 4th house. Mars falls in his 1st house Capricorn. Currently, Saturn is trine/sextile his Venus/Mars from the 11th house cusp. The day he signed, tVenus/Sun joined tSaturn. Closest aspect is tJupiter quincunx Venus, which became exact that day.

Welp, there you go.

Another "coincidence": He set the date for closing/transfer of property to Dec. 22, the day of the new moon. Or rather, we did. He wanted it sooner and I convinced him to push it out so we could have more time to move. I had no idea it was the new moon.

New Moon in his chart: falls in 12th house, in t-square with Sun/Pluto natal opposition 2 degrees, close to his ASC (bringing up that Pluto/ASC square mentioned by unique_astrology).

New Moon in my chart: falls on 8th house cusp, quincunx Sun/Mercury and conjunct Neptune.

That doesn't look very pleasant.
Eclipses repeat in regular cycles,
so for more clues
travel back in time to 6 November 1994
when there was a solar eclipse on the same degree squaring MC/IC axis

The different locations of transiting planets
as compared with the locations of transiting planets at the time of the 3 November 2013 solar eclipse also at that degree
would influence the precise nature of those events
although MC/IC and CAREER/JOB remains the foreground theme
:smile:

Flapjacks

Thanks for the clarification, Bob.

I will watch for those eclipses, too... that is a great observation for "life changes" theme.

Nov. 1994 is a couple months after my mother married my stepfather and he decided he wanted to move us 1,500 miles away from where we were, but then changed his mind after we did, and that started a pattern of moving constantly for the next ten years of my life (over fifteen moves). I was completely uprooted from where I grew up.

I decided to keep my job and relocate after they agreed to a pay raise (still underpaid, though). We found an apartment halfway between where my boyfriend is going to school and I'm going to work. We're going to stick it out until he finishes school, then decide what to do for long term (of course, this is when Bob mentioned a major transit/progression/relocation convergence is happening with Saturn, as I understand it). Everything seems to be falling into place, although the stress isn't going to go down until the move is over with.

Thanks again for all your responses! I suppose I should say what happens in a year (Oct - Nov 2015). :tongue:

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the clarification, Bob.

I will watch for those eclipses, too...
that is a great observation for "life changes" theme.

Nov. 1994 is a couple months after my mother married my stepfather and he decided he wanted to move us 1,500 miles away from where we were, but then changed his mind after we did, and that started a pattern of moving constantly for the next ten years of my life (over fifteen moves). I was completely uprooted from where I grew up.

I decided to keep my job and relocate after they agreed to a pay raise (still underpaid, though). We found an apartment halfway between where my boyfriend is going to school and I'm going to work. We're going to stick it out until he finishes school, then decide what to do for long term (of course, this is when Bob mentioned a major transit/progression/relocation convergence is happening with Saturn, as I understand it). Everything seems to be falling into place, although the stress isn't going to go down until the move is over with.

Thanks again for all your responses! I suppose I should say what happens in a year (Oct - Nov 2015). :tongue:
keep in mind
to remain observant for
when a transiting planet
conjuncts that eclipse degree by transit :smile:

unique_astrology

The solar eclipse of Oct 23rd figured in your bf's chart for his place of birth and your chart located to your place of residence.

As the eclipse points of Sun, Moon, and Venus are squared by transit Pluto (coinciding with tension or change) and those points are prominent in birth charts for both of you I think your responses or situations/events are properly indicated.

Attachments

• BF Pan.gif
    BF Pan.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 27
  • FJ Pan.gif
    FJ Pan.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 23