College loses $11 million lawsuit

Moondancing

Premium Member
The aspects to the college's natal chart tells the story with perfection.

There is transit Jupiter sextile natal Uranus with transit Saturn at the mid-point. Two planets signifying a more liberated path with restricting Saturn in the middle to uphold the rule of law. Uranus transit conj natal Jupiter.

Venus, the plaintiff, in Taurus, in trine to natal Saturn/Mars conj.

The store owners called the police due to three students from Oberlin College who shoplifted at their store in 2016. The owners were tagged as racist by the Oberlin College students who protested their actions. And for Oberlin College to support those actions of defamation. The students admitted to stealing from the store. Still the protests and bullying continued.

Oberlin College.jpg

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/...ns-bakery-11-million-against-oberlin-college/

Inline

Wow....interesting story!
Such an enormous pay out - $11Million for such a crime?!

here is an excerpt:

"The verdict sends a strong message that colleges and universities cannot simply wind up and set loose student social justice warriors and then wash their hands of the consequences.
In this case, a wholly innocent 5th-generation bakery was falsely accused of being racist and having a history racial profiling after stopping three black Oberlin College students from shoplifting. The students eventually pleaded guilty, but not before large protests and boycotts intended to destroy the bakery and defame the owners.
The jury appears to have accepted that Oberlin College facilitated the wrongful conduct against the bakery....
"

Your interpretation of the event chart - using a sextile with midpoint Saturn - is that enough to have facilitated this result? I don't usually consider sextile strongly in event charts....unless they are regarding relationships.

What's your experience been?

Moondancing

Premium Member
"Your interpretation of the event chart - using a sextile with midpoint Saturn - is that enough to have facilitated this result? I don't usually consider sextile strongly in event charts....unless they are regarding relationships.

What's your experience been?"

I agree but the perfect aspects make a powerful configuration and in this chart. It tells the story of sudden loss of big money, imo. I didn't have a time so there could be planetary aspects in the progressions that triggered the outcome.

Moon Dance

Inline

I agree but the perfect aspects make a powerful configuration and in this chart. It tells the story of sudden loss of big money, imo....

I didn't have a time so there could be planetary aspects in the progressions that triggered the outcome...

It isn't really an event chart without the time.....?

Interesting that your interpretation of the incident was about the sudden loss of big money looking at Saturn, which makes sense....but one could also see it as a big money win and look at Jupiter or Pluto?

Studying Oberlin College's chart and its transits - what strikes me is TR Cancer Mars/NN conj the College's NN opposing TR Cap Saturn/Pluto....

IMO, this aspect of TR Cap Saturn/ Pluto conjunct the College's south node opposing TR Mars/NN conjunct the College's NN had more influence in their fate, or not...?

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
It isn't really an event chart without the time.....?

Higher powers here moved the thread.

Interesting that your interpretation of the incident was about the sudden loss of big money looking at Saturn, which makes sense....but one could also see it as a big money win and look at Jupiter or Pluto?

The facts are, they lost. If that configuration shows a win, I'd like to see that chart. Could you win HUGE money with Saturn in the mix?

Studying Oberlin College's chart and its transits - what strikes me is TR Cancer Mars/NN conj the College's NN opposing TR Cap Saturn/Pluto....

IMO, this aspect of TR Cap Saturn/ Pluto conjunct the College's south node opposing TR Mars/NN conjunct the College's NN had more influence in their fate, or not...?

Because the transits indicate the win as it happened, I focused on the tight aspecting planets. The nodal aspect that seems relevant to me is Mar conj the natal NN. Their natal Mars conj Saturn shows their history of bucking tradition. They were the first college to allow blacks and women to attend their school. Now it's a debilitated Mars conj the NN and I read this quote that seems so fitting here. "Actions brought about by desires can end up in disaster if allowed to be controlled by mass passions." They allowed Black Lives Matter to use them.

Appreciate your feedback,

Moon Dance

Last edited:

Inline

Hi Moondance,

attached is a link to a publication of the official jury decision, June 7th 2019.
I used the time of the actual publication for an event chart....

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/...ns-bakery-11-million-against-oberlin-college/

imo the event chart indicates:
1) Libra ASC with ruler Taurus Venus in 8H trine Cap Pluto in 4H
- appears to represent the winning Gibsons family bakery owners with their large payout of 11million dollars.

2) Aries DC with ruler Cancer Mars conjunct NN
(when the nodes are conjunct rulers or angles in an event chart it is interpreted as meaning a planned meeting, which corresponds with a jury announcement)
- ruler Cancer Mars opposing Cap Saturn in 4H is debilitated and opposing 4H Pluto implying large losses - reputation & money.

3) Cancer MC with ruler Leo Moon in 11H describes the jury with ruler 9H Sun opposing Jupiter indicating an exaggerated decision - like awarding $11million to family Gibsons.

I appreciate your input :)

Attachments

• oberlin_college_jury_decision event chart.jpg
    oberlin_college_jury_decision event chart.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 29

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hi Inline,

Thank you for nudging me to do my research! :) For the fun of it I called the pubic library in Elyria where the trial was held. A great research assistant found the first tweet announcing the verdict at 12:46 pm. I made a chart of the event and set up a synastry chart to include the college birth chart.

The Asc. is Virgo ruled by Mercury in partile conj with Oberlin College natal Sun.

Mercury is in sextile with Oberlin College natal Jupiter with a transiting Uranus conjunction.

The event chart has Mercury in sextile with Uranus on the 9th house cusp, surprise court ruling and making a trine aspect to POF.

Interesting aspect in the event chart is Sun ruling 12th house in 10th. Shining a light and exposing the ugly side of people? And Moon just entering the 12th house. I'm curious.

Thanks, Inline

oberlin.jpg

Inline

....I called the pubic library in Elyria where the trial was held. A great research assistant found the first tweet announcing the verdict at 12:46 pm.

I made a chart of the event and set up a synastry chart to include the college birth chart.

Super, thank you and the helpful research assistant..!

Accurate interpretation is only possible with an accurate time.

The findings are revealing and interesting - i could even interpret the event chart as describing the tweet! :)

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
What amazes me is there are 8 aspects under a minute, majority are under 30 seconds from completion.

A remarkable case in many ways.

Moon Dance

Inline

....8 aspects under a minute, majority are under 30 seconds from completion.

...probably what a tweet would look like in an event chart...and then the chart goes on in detail to describe exactly what the tweet is actually describing!

No fake news here :)

Moondancing

Premium Member
...probably what a tweet would look like in an event chart...and then the chart goes on in detail to describe exactly what the tweet is actually describing!

No fake news here :)

Ahhh, yes! Instant reporting, Mercury sextile Uranus, on the ending of the trial, Mercury ruler Moon in 12th house of endings. :)
And what is tweeting but our emotional reaction to events.