How study transits?

preeshuu

sir ,
I have a question related to transits .Please answer shall we study transits acc to rising sign or the moon sign ?
regards.

[moved hijacking post - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

dr. farr

There are many answers to this question: traditional Vedic transits (gochura) are all in relation to the natal Moon sign; in the West, this is not followed at all, and transits are looked at in relation to the rising sign, conjunctions/parallels/aspects between transiting planets and natal planetary positions, etc. It is hard to say "which is best"-depends upon the practitioner's leanings, knowledge, insights, etc.

Me? I use (mostly) the oldtime Hellenist transit concept (Dorotheus of Sidon, 50 AD) and look only at transit conjunctions and Parallels of declination; plus, a variation of Vedic ashtakavarga doctrine, referred to as Sarvashtaka, which I personally believe to be the most reliably accurate transit-evaluating method (at least of the ones I am aware of!)

aquarius7000

Hi,

Dr Farr, since you seem to have some knowledge of Vedic or Jyotish Astrology as well, in addition to the Western methods, two questions:

>have you actually used the vedic methods in predictive Astrology?
>if so, have you found them (with predictive Astro) to be at least as precise in giving close-to-reality results as Western Astrology, or perhaps even more?

Needless to say, that alot depends on our own interpretational skills. However, since I am not 'practically' experienced in Vedic, I'd like to know.

:)AQ7

dr. farr

1) Yes, I have sometimes applied certain of the Vedic methods in predictive experiments (always, though, using the Tropical zodiac, I have been disappointed in experiments I have made with the generally-accepted Vedic sidereal, based on the Lahiri ayanamsha)

2) Yes, from my experiences with these methods in predictive experiments, I have found them to be as precise as the Western methods I (regularly) use; however, I cannot state that I have found the Vedic methods I have used to be MORE exact or precise, than the Western methods-but AS (or "about as") effective and precise, yes, definitely.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Preeshuu, re your question: How to study transits? You might first want to get your teeth into the basics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_transit
Then google up the skyscript astrology site, which has a lot of excellent material for free to read.

Dr Farr, thank you for responding. With Vedic, I have 'had' a few (predictive) readings done, pretty accurate.

preeshuu

Hello Dr Farr ,
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience
and thanks AQ7
Can you please read my chart and tell if current transits are supportive for some growth in life

thanks a tonn

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,
....Can you please read my chart and tell if current transits are supportive for some growth in life ....
Thanks for the chart. Please specify - growth in which area? The question is too open-ended, and no one has the time to do a complete chart reading.

aquarius7000

Hi,

It is difficult for you to sustain a relationship for long perhaps due to that Moon (fluctuations) on your DSC, and the Nep-Moon conj. I am wondering how your relationship with your mother has been/is.

Saturn (responsibitly/stability) is now in the sign your DSC (relationship axis) falls into. Issues relating to Saturn are the ones you are now starting to relate to. Perhaps now is the time you will learn to relate to others on a one-to-one basis, and with that learn stability in relationship matters over the next 2.5 years.

ALso, with all that Virgo (too fussy and finicky) energy and Mars-Pluto, try not to be too controlling with others and situations.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,
Hi AQ7, thanks. I don't know how to solve this moon worry .and I hope that saturn helps me now . Regards
No worries. YOu can solve the Moon worry by not worrying too much. A typical Sco Moon likes to control situations and people. A Nep-Moon conjunction can be delusional and takes refuge in escapism, running away from responsiblty and situations.

Check out the link below and try and do the opposite of the challenges the author points out. Also, with a Nep-Moon, it is important to take up some form of spiritualism or artistic pursuit in order to let that energy have its vent through such constructive channels.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/moonneptuneaspects.html

Best