Does Astrology affect us physically?

dude123

Banned
Considering the Moon has a gravitational pull on the Earth and can affect the tides of the ocean, I believe there IS something to it.

Anyways, I got a few theories that may sound silly...but it actually kinda makes sense, physically speaking.

For example, what if someone was born on a day where it's cloudy and dark, so there's very little sunlight. Does that weaken the Sun sign's influence in any way? The Sun would need to shine on you for it to affect you, right? Or is the gravitational pull from the Sun enough to influence you? But fortunately for me, I was born on a summer clear day, so therotically that may mean I got the full influence of my Sun sign, because there wasn't any clouds blocking the Sun's light!

Another theory: Is your Moon sign more influential than your Sun sign if you were born at night? Because nighttime is the time when the Moon is visible while the Sun isn't, and vice versa. But then again, if the planets really do affect us physically, what about the distant planets like Mars or Neptune? They're so far away that they barely have any gravitational pull on the Earth. So how does this work exactly?

If Astrology doesn't affect us in a physical way, how do you explain if the planetary aspects (i.e Sun square Mars) have any influence if its effects are measured by "physical" distance between planets? Then in theory, Astrology SHOULD have a physical influence, but the fact that the planets don't have the same gravitational pull on Earth sorta screws up the idea and makes everything even more confusing.

Last edited:

dude123

Banned
If that's the case, what would happen if all the planets (except for Earth) gets destroyed, would Astrology still exist? If not, would humans that are born post-wipe out of the planets still have a personality? Heck, would people still have a zodiac sign? Considering you need planets for personality. Or how bout this, theorically, let's say only Mars get destroyed, would there still be aggressive people in the world? What would happen to Aries, the ruling sign of Mars? Also, what happens to that part of our psyche (e.g assertiveness, libido, energy) if Mars just disappears? Yeah...I know it's a lot of questions, but they're really something to think about!

Also, the planets never even existed at some point in the universe until something miraculous happened (a.k.a the Big Bang), that formed and created planets in our solar system. Did Astrology existed pre-big bang? Another thing to think about here...

I know I'm kinda sounding like a skeptic right now, but I mean, my reasoning is only logical!

Last edited:
I've debated this myself for a while, but here's what i've come to understand to rectify this. We are reflections of the galaxy. You are the center and the constellations of the galaxy exist around you in a big circle. As you turn the degree in which each constellation reaches the center changes accordingly. This would account for the differences in houses and whatnot. Now think of the planets less of having a direct influence, but more like shading the color of the influence you're receiving from that particular constellation. So, on the grand scheme of things something as miniscule as clouds would have no effect. The sun is quite massive in comparison to the other planets so of course it will have the most prominent influence other than our ascendant. There is no hiding from the sun. Even now we know that the sun emits rays that penetrate through the earth unhindered. Physical existence is a VERY narrow range when compared to how much our entire selves exist. (we exist on several different dimensions.) I personally don't feel that the physical presence of planets in this dimension is needed to be under its influence. It just makes things easier, but thats my opinion. I'm still very far off from sewing up physics astrology and mathematics into one neat ginormous package.

milkywaygirl

Astrology is a symbolic and archetypal system. The planets and stars do not exert a "force" on you, nor do they make anything happen/not happen. The movements of the planets are a macrocosmic representation of energy and it's movement/development/balance within individuals. As above, so below, as the axiom states.

Considering the Moon has a gravitational pull on the Earth and can affect the tides of the ocean, I believe there IS something to it.

Anyways, I got a few theories that may sound silly...but it actually kinda makes sense, physically speaking.

For example, what if someone was born on a day where it's cloudy and dark, so there's very little sunlight. Does that weaken the Sun sign's influence in any way? The Sun would need to shine on you for it to affect you, right? Or is the gravitational pull from the Sun enough to influence you? But fortunately for me, I was born on a summer clear day, so therotically that may mean I got the full influence of my Sun sign, because there wasn't any clouds blocking the Sun's light!

Another theory: Is your Moon sign more influential than your Sun sign if you were born at night? Because nighttime is the time when the Moon is visible while the Sun isn't, and vice versa. But then again, if the planets really do affect us physically, what about the distant planets like Mars or Neptune? They're so far away that they barely have any gravitational pull on the Earth. So how does this work exactly?

If Astrology doesn't affect us in a physical way, how do you explain if the planetary aspects (i.e Sun square Mars) have any influence if its effects are measured by "physical" distance between planets? Then in theory, Astrology SHOULD have a physical influence, but the fact that the planets don't have the same gravitational pull on Earth sorta screws up the idea and makes everything even more confusing.