Earth as ruler

lilllybelle

Have any of you wondered why we don't talk about the qualitys and rulership of the planet earth in astrology? I wonder why earth doesn't rule any signs? I've heard some people say that taurus should be ruled by earth. I'm also curious as to what qualitys we would consider earth to have. We say that neptune is the planet of illusions and spiritual enlightment and saturn rules responsiblity. So what does earth represent as a archetype? Are we too close to earth to have an objective take on its influence? I mean if we were all living on mars what would we have to say about earth. What would a earth transit be like? Earth seems so venusian, plutonic and saturnian to me. Maybe earth embodies all the planets energy. I'm curious as to what others have to say on this. Maybe our lives are just one big earth transit. It makes me curious. My brain is is just fluidly moving around so pardon the jump in conversation, but
I was reading today that the cosmos( not sure if that should be plural of singular) started out as the size of one atom. All of life was contained in one atom. Think about that, you would need a microscope to see an atom. Life began as one atom. Then there was the big bang. Shortly after that the cosmos were coverd in dense, hot, bright light. Imagine that, there was only bright light everwhere. It sounds like god. Wow! Can you imagine? It makes sense how many of us have spiritual experiences with light. We see lights during meditation, during reiki treatments we see light in so many situations. It's amazing when you think about it. Then there are those dark holes. What are those all about? Are they like dark vader or something. Loving it, L.

Sanem

My thoughts exactly: if humans start colonising other planets, will Marsians be more agressive, Venusians more balanced, Saturnians more dutyfull...

And than what will Earthlings be like in comparison?

Howl

I would suggest that colonisation of the moon is the most likely first option. Highly controversial, but perhaps less so than human MARtians (no offence, Arian :))

EDIT: hang on, I just thought of something. Hypothetically, if someone were to be born on the moon, wouldn't planet earth fill, or cover, about half of their natal chart? All you can see in one direction from the moon is Earth. Mmmmm. Earth might even eclipse (conjunct) a good number of the other planets. It would be conjunct the sun about half the time...or more accurately, the sun and other planets would be 'contained' within the outline of Earth.

Last edited:

Sanem

Makes sense:

- The Earth revolves in the first place around the Sun, so it is normal that it has the greatest single influence.

- The Moon however revolves in the first place around the Earth, and has a way closer relationship to it, much bigger than say the Earth compared to the Sun.

So "Loonies" would have a Sun sign, but also an "Earth sign", which would be way more important than a Sun sign to us Earthlings.

Or several Earth signs, since Earth could stand in more than one at a time.

FLOWER

the earth is a microcosmos. try and notice things on your chart then compare to what is going on in your country and the world with the same transit.

freedomlover

I stumbled on a site about a year or two ago, in which the astrologer asserted that everybody also has an Earth sign, as well, and that it should be factored in. I think it may have been determined by the sign opposite either the sun or moon.(leaning towards Moon) I can't remember which. It also seemed that it had something to do with your life's work - again not sure. I've been googling to try to find it again, but have been unsuccessful.

BorX

Earth is already used in astrology using heliocentric ( imagine like your borned on Sun )
Earth in a sign and house reprezents what type of personality we would like to become, our indentity, our ego, our self-expresion and sometimes we act as aspects/sign/house where Earth is placed.
Also Earth in sign and house reprezents where we got stability and where we would like to establish our stability.

Example: My Sun ( Geocentric ) is in Cancer, my Earth ( Heliocentric ) is in Capricorn ( this is really my chart ):
Iterpretation: I wish to have a personality of bieng disciplined, duty oriented, serious, mature, amitious, strict etc. I have and wish to have more stability in my work place, society, career etc ( and really, I'm like that, so Earth astrology works )

But Geocentric is more important, because we are not borned on the Sun and the Moon always perfect conjuncts Earth ( that means, no using of Moon or Sun ).

Astrologers sometimes use Earth to see in the charts what they would want to establish, where do they got stability, and what type of personality are they oriented to become ( and usualy are like it ).

freedomlover

Thanks for the info, BorX! My sun is in Sagittarius, so that would mean my Earth sign is in Gemini? How would stability issues relate to Earth in Gemini? My chart link is available, if you'd like to take a look. ;)

BorX

Freedomlover

*Note... i didn't even use Geocentric in your chart, so it's a very different type of astrology when it comes to interpretation*

Your Earth it's at 06ge10 degrees conjuncts NN and Cusp 6th.

Interpretation of your Earth with the aspects/position/sign:

You like and act as bieng adaptable, perceptive and witty. You like talking a lot, conversation it's important to you and your always on the seeking of information, for you "Knowledge means power". Since your Sun is in Sagitaurus and Earth in Gemeni you need to learn to be more disciplined in talking and think twice before saying something, because you tend to give offence to someone without having the intention of doing it or saying something you should'nt. You want stability acording to: conversation, neighbours, relatives, information, work place ( conjunction 6th cusp ), loved ones ( Earth conj. NN in 5th house ), information, short trips, contracts etc. You always want to fell usefull and talented and the others to see you as hard-working.
Since your NN is in Gemeni, you always have to think twice of something, don't believe anything other's say, you need to check it from the core and not some rumours. You also tend to be very rational and smart and you succesfully proved it. NS in Sagitaurus makes you sometimes forget about other for your own freedom, joy and can make your loved ones suffer even if you don't intend of doing it, you need a high spiritual belief and faith and you will be fine ( 9th house in Virgo, that means a perfect spiritual and that means GOD ). Your Earth and NS squares Junon ( the only big square I can see for Earth ), this means you had a trouble in a relationship with a partener or in marriage, a distabilization or maybe a break apart when you expected less ( Saturn is near too ). Earth in Gemeni gives mind stability and good conversation skills, also good writters. Since Earth is in 5th house you tend to be very creative, loving kids, but also like to find joy and pleasure. Earth conj cusp 6th also can show that you work with talent, skill and the others see you with respect which brings you the stability you wish for it, only if your not abusive and have faith.

So this is Heliocentric Astrology, I hope it helps and if I sayed something wrong about you, then please forgive me.

freedomlover

BorX,

Thank you so much for taking the time to interpret my chart heliocentrically. You described me pretty well, especially the part about thinking twice about things, and not automatically believing everything people tell me. It's been one of my major life lessons. I also suffered through a couple of terrible marriages and one break-up that "should have been". All in all - you were very accurate. Thanks again, BorX. Now I have a better idea of my "earth sign".

freedomlover

freedomlover

That's interesting that you should post this, unukalhai. I've been meditating on what the "apex" of a Sagittarian should be. What kept coming to me was an impression of "one with the earth" and an integration of the mind, will, emotions, and body. Also "nature lover". I kept thinking of the phrase in the Bible about the lion laying down with the lamb.

So, my "Earth" sign is in Gemini, heliocentrically. And my native sun sign, Sagittarius, is ruled by Earth in esoteric astrology. So, I'm Earth on both poles of the polarity. And my tropical astrology chart has a truckload of Capricorn and Virgo. No wonder I feel so "Earthbound". LOL (Hmmm... I wonder what Vedic astrology has to say......)

Last edited:

Howl

Wow, aint this interestin!

Flower - don't worry, I am not advocating for colonisation of the moon, only suggesting that it seems more likely than other options

BorX - I hadn't looked into Helio astrology, sounds interesting :) Thanks for the introduction. I'm unclear as to how you establish your Earth placement according to Helio. As a Sagittarian, would my Earth sign also be Gemini? If this works how I think it does, mine would be 18'23 Gemini, 12th house.

Freedomlover, your Earth conjuncts my natal moon, 1 degree orb :D

Interesting, I get to be a leo! (Helio - Aqu)

I think the earth, physically, that is the soil/ground is Tau, the concepts of earth in totality would be something like Sag - philosophy/big picture, Mankind would be Aqu.

BorX

Howl said:
BorX - I hadn't looked into Helio astrology, sounds interesting :) Thanks for the introduction. I'm unclear as to how you establish your Earth placement according to Helio.

I'm using a software that has this option, I remember you asked for it when I just camed into this forum.

The software I use is:

Astrolog 32 ( new version ) at http://uk.geocities.com/astrolog32/
Astrolog 5.4 ( older version ) at http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm

They are freeware, I didn't find anywhere else of doing heliocentric :( .

If you want these types of software, after you download it, run it then go to Seetings and press Heliocentric menu ( shortcut is "h" button ).

BorX

Ohhh another way...

at www.astro.com at free astrology go to extended chart selection, then go to the section which says " Zodiac (change this selection only if you are an expert) "... it says below " western geocentric ( tropical ) " and you get a selection of central planet calculation ... chose where it says " WARNING !!! ( heliocentric ) " or the sideral one below " WARNING !!! heliocentric ( sideral F/B )"

Hope this helps too!!:D

Double post... BAH !!! :( :mad: :p

Claire19

I agree that Taurus can be earth ruled. After all if we were living on Mars we would ask and what sign does Earth rule???? We are a planet like any other as a member of the solar system at least. I feel that Venus is only co ruler to Taurus and I have a stellium in Libra including Venus and a Taurus Moon.
We also must remember that the Moon is just a satellite and it does have strong influence on us, yes but it is not after all a planet but reflects light from the Sun and is just that, a reflector. If we were living on Saturn would we take all those moons in to strong consideration as influences??? I wonder??? INteresting...............

Claire