Violence in a natal chart

conspiracy theorist

He doesn't have the stereotypical violent aspects but we already know that astrology doesn't work that way.

His Mars is in Taurus and on the 29th degree. It's conjunct the south node and is square his Mercury Virgo which is at 2 degrees. Don't know his tob so can't tell you which house his Mars falls.

I think for violence to be in the cards, the whole chart has to be analyzed. Then there is case of the reason behind the violence. Some may use it to further their agenda whilst others may be violent because they are unable to control themselves/anger. At one point beating your children was encouraged; violence for the purpose of correcting unacceptable/rude behaviour. Culture, basic mindset, war/peacetime, stress levels ... all of these play into the use of violence or not.

Sure this person may have mars opposite pluto and that person may have mars square uranus but one aspect won't turn them into a raging homicidal maniac or a cold-blooded murderer.

Hephaistos

From my Observation and research in astrology.

- Very often Mars Saturn specially Concjunction and Opposition. is Physical Violence against Weaker- Like Children, or Violence against Womens from Men, Husband or Father, or is it self. Often leads by Women to misandry because the own will feel blocked by them. Very ruthless.

- Mars Uranus is Specially. They took the fault everytime to Others and dont want or cannot see his own faults, never, and provoke disput or a brawl, and of course the others have the fault ;)

- Mars Neptune is very problemtic. its Violence for Idealism like racism or religous pursuit, in some cases also Mars Uranus like Anders Behring Breivik's motivation was.

Mars Pluto - in mostly all cases that i find, they make the experience of Violence in the Childhood, or his Parent Home is in a latent aggressive quarter of the City / Slum or Nation, where the Mars Pluto is not Welcome the people or parents feel a threat from his own shadow project to the children who have born with Ma/Pl. A Pariah in Indish Culture.
Its a Long Time anger that lies on the Ground and can Break through with berserk behavior - Amok konstellation like James Holmes or Andres Lubitz.
Violence because of Procjections.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
My father is born a couple of days before you and he is the most self-controlled person I know. But he does have a penchant for violence and a volcanic temper.

Your father was only 20 when you were born? Or is his birthday two days before mine but a different year?

Mars transited to Gemini the day before I was born. If your father is literally two days older than me, his Mars would be in the last degree of Taurus, about to transit. That should give it the extra power and volatility of a planet at 29 degrees--not quite sure whether it's a Taurus or Gemini, it acts like some of both. Mercury would be a degree or two closer to Mars, so a tighter square.

And if he's two days older than me, he probably has the moon in Scorpio (mine is in the middle of Sagittarius). Very likely, he has a different rising sign from me, too. Capricorn rising is not very impulsive!

Osamenor

Staff member
He doesn't have the stereotypical violent aspects but we already know that astrology doesn't work that way.

His Mars is in Taurus and on the 29th degree. It's conjunct the south node and is square his Mercury Virgo which is at 2 degrees. Don't know his tob so can't tell you which house his Mars falls.

I just saw this post... your father is two days older than me.

Mars on the south node, from what I've read, can spell a penchant for violence. If we read the south node indicators as a past life story, it can indicate having committed violence in a prior life, and still be carrying that karma, and possibly that tendency, too. It can also indicate having been a victim and internalized the violence. Anyhow, with or without a past life explanation, what's on the south node is innate within us, and any story we get out of that typically has some echo in the current life.

I think my echo is internalized violence, of the verbal variety. That's what I see in my current life. But I have Mars in Gemini. Taurus is a much more physical sign, so there probably would be a predilection for physical violence if Mars in Taurus is in a hot spot like that (Gemini, in contrast, would be verbal violence).

conspiracy theorist

I just saw this post... your father is two days older than me.

Mars on the south node, from what I've read, can spell a penchant for violence. If we read the south node indicators as a past life story, it can indicate having committed violence in a prior life, and still be carrying that karma, and possibly that tendency, too. It can also indicate having been a victim and internalized the violence. Anyhow, with or without a past life explanation, what's on the south node is innate within us, and any story we get out of that typically has some echo in the current life.

I think my echo is internalized violence, of the verbal variety. That's what I see in my current life. But I have Mars in Gemini. Taurus is a much more physical sign, so there probably would be a predilection for physical violence if Mars in Taurus is in a hot spot like that (Gemini, in contrast, would be verbal violence).

Yeah his Mars has definitely played a huge role in his life. He has always done physically demanding work and he has incredible stamina. Even his outlook is influenced by the Taurus Mars (pragmatic, no-nonsense, solid) which I think has as much to do with its placement as well as its aspect to mercury. Do to his overall demeanor I'm leaning towards him having a Taurus or Cap ASC.

One similarity I see between the two of you is story-telling. He loves to recount tales from his life and impart knowledge to people, all while keeping it full of humour and fun. The way you read charts is pretty story like especially when you focus on the nodes. I find it a pretty cool parallel.

Speaking of parallels the south node in my chart is located in Aries (Mars) in the 4th (father). Another neat parallel.

Carlos23

Banned
HellO!

Hello!

:alien:

Hello!;)

Mars-Pluto, Mars-Saturn, Mars-Neptune makes people violent? YES, but only partially (Think!)
It makes people violent only, when they're bad-aspected by environment, structure-lessness, and parents! Not in other cases.
End.
Trust Me.
+

Osamenor

Staff member
Yeah his Mars has definitely played a huge role in his life. He has always done physically demanding work and he has incredible stamina. Even his outlook is influenced by the Taurus Mars (pragmatic, no-nonsense, solid) which I think has as much to do with its placement as well as its aspect to mercury. Do to his overall demeanor I'm leaning towards him having a Taurus or Cap ASC.

I'm a Cap rising. If your dad also is, then he and I have almost the same chart. House placements might be a little different depending on the degree of Cap rising and difference in birth location, but the way you described your dad, it sounded to me like he and I have different rising signs. If his is late Taurus, he could have Mars conjunct the AC, which it sounds like to me, the way you describe that very obvious Mars influence.

Do you know whether he was born in the daytime or nighttime, morning or evening, etc? If so, that would help narrow it down.

It's neat that we have the same penchant for storytelling. I'd thought the astrological factors for me might be strong Mercury in detail oriented Virgo (Mercury is the final dispositor of everything in my chart except the sun, and likely the same for your dad) and maybe Gemini Mars? And maybe my eighth house sun, and eighth house Mercury, too? Eighth house deals with archetypes, which I would see as including storytelling.

conspiracy theorist

Unfortunately, he doesn't care enough to have that info and my grandmother is equally disinterested.

As to the positions of the planets, I do think that mercury's power in both of your charts have a lot to do with it. The applying conjunction to Venus would add 'pleasantness' or 'artistry' to the mercury function. You have the added features of a Gemini Mars/Sag Moon which are more mental in orientation. Neptune's position in both of your charts has a say as well. IIRC you have some action in the 12th/8th house so you got the unconscious to pull from (correct me if I'm wrong).

Lest we forget you both possess the Leo sun which colours your personality with some urge to express/dramatic flair.

With the leonine core + strong mercurial bent story-telling is a befitting outlet for your (and his) energies.

CapAquaPis

(angry face doesn't mean I'm angry, LOL) :innocent:

I came upon a YT video on the Mars square Saturn aspect. Personality traits such as violence, tyranny, anger, rage and inability to relate with people. Not all Mars square Saturn people are like that, more like what's commonly found from many studied astrological profiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahUjxa7LKI

positivevibes

No other squares. Some people looking at my chart have said Mars and Mercury were part of a t-square, because Mercury also squares a conjunction of the moon and Neptune in Sagittarius. However, the moon is definitely out of orb of opposition with Mars--15 degrees--and Neptune is only within orb of opposition if you cast extremely loose orbs. It's at 9 degrees Sag, while Mars is at 0 Gemini.

So whats your take on orbit value?

positivevibes

I think for violence to be in the cards, the whole chart has to be analyzed. Then there is case of the reason behind the violence. Some may use it to further their agenda whilst others may be violent because they are unable to control themselves/anger. At one point beating your children was encouraged; violence for the purpose of correcting unacceptable/rude behaviour. Culture, basic mindset, war/peacetime, stress levels ... all of these play into the use of violence or not.

Sure this person may have mars opposite pluto and that person may have mars square uranus but one aspect won't turn them into a raging homicidal maniac or a cold-blooded murderer.

Totally agree,your enviroment in which you were raised will have alot to do with your chart

positivevibes

From my Observation and research in astrology.

- Very often Mars Saturn specially Concjunction and Opposition. is Physical Violence against Weaker- Like Children, or Violence against Womens from Men, Husband or Father, or is it self. Often leads by Women to misandry because the own will feel blocked by them. Very ruthless.

- Mars Uranus is Specially. They took the fault everytime to Others and dont want or cannot see his own faults, never, and provoke disput or a brawl, and of course the others have the fault ;)

- Mars Neptune is very problemtic. its Violence for Idealism like racism or religous pursuit, in some cases also Mars Uranus like Anders Behring Breivik's motivation was.

Mars Pluto - in mostly all cases that i find, they make the experience of Violence in the Childhood, or his Parent Home is in a latent aggressive quarter of the City / Slum or Nation, where the Mars Pluto is not Welcome the people or parents feel a threat from his own shadow project to the children who have born with Ma/Pl. A Pariah in Indish Culture.
Its a Long Time anger that lies on the Ground and can Break through with berserk behavior - Amok konstellation like James Holmes or Andres Lubitz.
Violence because of Procjections.

Interesting,I have found and ran into people with all these placements,and I keep saying Mars Square Saturn/Uranus is just as deadly or deadlier than Mars square Pluto

positivevibes

HellO!

Hello!

:alien:

Hello!;)

Mars-Pluto, Mars-Saturn, Mars-Neptune makes people violent? YES, but only partially (Think!)
It makes people violent only, when they're bad-aspected by environment, structure-lessness, and parents! Not in other cases.
End.
Trust Me.
+

Just spoke on the enviroment one is raised in having alot to do with if the negative aspects end up violent,or used in a positive way,you are very correct.

Thank you

positivevibes

(angry face doesn't mean I'm angry, LOL) :innocent:

I came upon a YT video on the Mars square Saturn aspect. Personality traits such as violence, tyranny, anger, rage and inability to relate with people. Not all Mars square Saturn people are like that, more like what's commonly found from many studied astrological profiles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahUjxa7LKI

Yup,it takes these people awhile to explode but when they do look the hell out!

positivevibes

It's strange that I have almost every last one of the aspects mentioned. I'm not sure what to think.:pouty:

Depends on the enviroment you were brought up in.

Know a guy who grew up in the inner city who has Mars square Uranus and Saturn both orbit degrees are 0 and he is violent.

Know a female who grew up in a rural area that had Mars square Saturn who never been violent in her life but did play sports.

All depends on how you are brought up that determines how the energies will be used

graay ghost

Depends on the enviroment you were brought up in.

Know a guy who grew up in the inner city who has Mars square Uranus and Saturn both orbit degrees are 0 and he is violent.

Know a female who grew up in a rural area that had Mars square Saturn who never been violent in her life but did play sports.

All depends on how you are brought up that determines how the energies will be used

I don't know about that. I grew up in an abusive household in the suburbs so I had a "bad" upbringing. I never played any sports whatsoever -- always hated them and thought they were stupid and pointless. I was always extremely unathletic, anyway, so there's no "outlet," either. And I don't think anyone could actually describe me as violent. About the only "violent" thing I do, maybe, is swear.

unique_astrology

. . ., it does seem like anyone looking at my chart would decide that I'm an awful person :/

Only if they believe that aspects in a horoscope are fated and the person has no choice as to how energies associated with planets are expressed. No control. "My horoscope made me do it."

Expressions might change according to circumstances and the choice made by a person at a moment. Emotional (angry feelings without acting out), written (letter, note, Text, Email, PM), verbal (argument, angry words -"Kill the umpire", conversation using the phone), physical (athletic endeavor [rock climbing, skiing, exercise, sports, etc.].

You have Mars and Venus strongly angular in your horoscope. There may be times when descriptions associated with one seem to the fore while those associated with the other are not in evidence. At other times their alluded attributes seem to be blended in expression.

From a very good astrologer:

Garth Allen (Donald A. Bradley) TAKING THE KID GLOVES OFF ASTROLOGY Clancy Publications, Tucson, AZ 1955, 1956, 1975

http://moonmuses.com/dv/kidgloves

http://moonmuses.com/dv/mars

A Revealing Look at Mars​

"Nature has a definite purpose in allowing such aggressive shenanigans of temperament because she is preparing the unfolding individual for combative competence in the great battle of life. Nature, never missing a trick, equips us all with both offensive and defensive paraphernalia. But these talents are not imbued upon the human being in their finished form. The primitive urges must be corralled and fettered and disciplined. In other words, martian power must be harnessed and directed into constructive avenues of behavior. The warrior must be made into an engineer; the sword must be forged into a plowshare; Cain must be taught that he is his brother's keeper, not his brother's killer."

Complete listing for above site's content.

http://moonmuses.com/dv/tracker

In truth you have Mars and Venus strongly angular when their true positions in space are measured.

Mars is 0°40' beneath the Asc in the 1st house. Venus is in the 3rd house 0°59' before the IC.

Pluto is in the 7th house 16°14' above the Desc.

Attachments

• GG Speculum.gif
    GG Speculum.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: