ALARMING COMPOSITE [Davison]

ilythia

Hey guys!

I've just gotten into the interest of learning about composite charts. Based on some trial runs, I decided that the Davison chart was more accurate for me than the Midpoint chart. I could be wrong, however, and am very open to learn more.

The reason I posted was that when I pulled out my Davison chart with my SO, the first glance of it shocked me. There's a whole lot of planets in the first house including the North Node. The chart ruler, Jupiter, enjoys a lot of trines from the 9th, but is INTERCEPTED :( To add some more, Venus is also in the 12th house. The moon is nicely placed in the nadir but is being hit by so many squares from Mars, Mercury, and the North Node.

How the relationship normally is: a lot of public things going on, especially fights. There's some form of emotional dependence on each other especially during stressful times. I feel like I am the stronger partner emotionally, but he is the dominant one regarding decision-making, etc.

My initial thought is, seeing all those planets in the first house -- we must be so scandalous to other people :(

But I'm hoping, since there's so much focus in the cardinal houses, and I've read that those are the most powerful ones when it comes to composites, maybe this is gonna work out?

Honestly, seeing this composite is what drove me to finally join the forum. I don't know if I'm being overanalytical or this really is an alarming chart.

Right now I need to go and get some sleep, and I'll just leave this here for you guys to work your magic on. I'll be right back tomorrow to read your posts if any. I'll also add my own chart and my SO's, so that you can use those as well for reference.

Thank you so much for your time! :)

Love,
Ilythia

P.S. It's my first time uploading charts here, I tried to follow the instructions given in the forum as well as I could, please let me know if I made a mistake...

Attachments

• composite ilythia dominus.gif
    composite ilythia dominus.gif
    55.1 KB · Views: 23
  • dominus natal.gif
    dominus natal.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 30
  • ilythia natal.gif
    ilythia natal.gif
    47.1 KB · Views: 24
  • midpoint ilythia dominus.gif
    midpoint ilythia dominus.gif
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Vista

You really have not asked a question, what would you like to know? Also, Davidson is not very popular, why did you choose this over MP composite? The Davidson chart just shifts the planets into different house compared to a composite chart. I find comparing the natal charts describes the relationship most accurately.

Also, are you married to this person, living together, boyfriend girlfriend???

Edit: I pulled a thumbnail of each chart and I thought the birth times were rounded off. Why don't you go ahead and add the composite MP chart as well.

Hey guys!

I've just gotten into the interest of learning about composite charts. Based on some trial runs, I decided that the Davison chart was more accurate for me than the Midpoint chart. I could be wrong, however, and am very open to learn more.

The reason I posted was that when I pulled out my Davison chart with my SO, the first glance of it shocked me. There's a whole lot of planets in the first house including the North Node. The chart ruler, Jupiter, enjoys a lot of trines from the 9th, but is INTERCEPTED :( To add some more, Venus is also in the 12th house. The moon is nicely placed in the nadir but is being hit by so many squares from Mars, Mercury, and the North Node.

How the relationship normally is: a lot of public things going on, especially fights. There's some form of emotional dependence on each other especially during stressful times. I feel like I am the stronger partner emotionally, but he is the dominant one regarding decision-making, etc.

My initial thought is, seeing all those planets in the first house -- we must be so scandalous to other people :(

But I'm hoping, since there's so much focus in the cardinal houses, and I've read that those are the most powerful ones when it comes to composites, maybe this is gonna work out?

Honestly, seeing this composite is what drove me to finally join the forum. I don't know if I'm being overanalytical or this really is an alarming chart.

Right now I need to go and get some sleep, and I'll just leave this here for you guys to work your magic on. I'll be right back tomorrow to read your posts if any. I'll also add my own chart and my SO's, so that you can use those as well for reference.

Thank you so much for your time! :)

Love,
Ilythia

P.S. It's my first time uploading charts here, I tried to follow the instructions given in the forum as well as I could, please let me know if I made a mistake...

Last edited:

ilythia

You really have not asked a question, what would you like to know? Also, Davidson is not very popular, why did you choose this over MP composite? The Davidson chart just shifts the planets into different house compared to a composite chart. I find comparing the natal charts describes the relationship most accurately.

Also, are you married to this person, living together, boyfriend girlfriend???

Edit: I pulled a thumbnail of each chart and I thought the birth times were rounded off. Why don't you go ahead and add the composite MP chart as well.

Hello Vista! Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry if my post was confusing. My real question is: do you see some major red flags in this composite? Because I am afraid that such intense house concentration may be too extreme, or may point to a very bad thing.

I have uploaded the Midpoint method composite chart in there as well so you can see. Also, I'm not sure I get what you mean with the birth times being rounded off, maybe you can clear that out for me? Sorry for being slow if ever...

Particularly, my reason for preferring the Davison chart over the midpoint method one is that it seems to represent the relationship much better.

For example, the Venus in the Davison is in 13 Sag and the one in Midpoint is 18 Gemini. Everytime that the transiting moon is in the middle of Gemini, I can always expect for sure that we will have a fight. No matter how well we were going, as long as the moon is in the middle of Gemini, there's always going to be a fight for some reason. Thus, I figure the Venus in Sag of the Davison holds truer than the Venus in Gemini of the Midpoint.

Another reason is that in my eyes, we are more of a 1st house couple (Davison) than a 7th house couple (Midpoint). Compromise is quite hard for us, but on the good side, we're extremely true to ourselves when with each other and there's little hiding of character flaws between us. We do not mind what others say about us and stick to our guns. Also, our fights are quite public (Mars conjunct Ascendant in Davison). We do not have problems with sex whatsoever but we have difficulty acquiring possessions and money for our relationship (Saturn is in 2nd in Davison and in 8th in Midpoint). Also, we are very emotionally dependent on each other, but we keep that privately between us and try to show a strong image to others (Moon is in 4th in Davison and 10th in Midpoint). So, overall, I decided that Davison seemed a better representation of us.

I read that the astrologer Bob Marks uses Davison more, in fact it's from him that I learned to use Davison. He uses both Midpoint and Davison but he says he finds the Davison a truer representation.

Here's a background of our relationship: BF/GF, 4 years and counting. We went to college together studying Engineering. We've had some troubles about staying faithful to each other before because of our mutual Scorpionic distrust of each other, but now we are much better and more faithful. We enjoy each other's company very much and these days we spend our time reviewing together for our upcoming licensure exams...

Hope this data helps!

Ilythia :)

Vista

Thank you for the details!

What I meant by "rounding off," when someone does not know the exact time of birth you will see charts with times of exactly on the hour or half hour, for example 9:00pm. 8:30am. That's usually a clue they are guessing.

As for the Davidson chart, there are no right or wrong methods I was just curious. I will have to take a closer look at previous relationships with the Davidson chart and see how it compares to the experience.

Hello Vista! Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry if my post was confusing. My real question is: do you see some major red flags in this composite? Because I am afraid that such intense house concentration may be too extreme, or may point to a very bad thing.

I have uploaded the Midpoint method composite chart in there as well so you can see. Also, I'm not sure I get what you mean with the birth times being rounded off, maybe you can clear that out for me? Sorry for being slow if ever...

Particularly, my reason for preferring the Davison chart over the midpoint method one is that it seems to represent the relationship much better.

For example, the Venus in the Davison is in 13 Sag and the one in Midpoint is 18 Gemini. Everytime that the transiting moon is in the middle of Gemini, I can always expect for sure that we will have a fight. No matter how well we were going, as long as the moon is in the middle of Gemini, there's always going to be a fight for some reason. Thus, I figure the Venus in Sag of the Davison holds truer than the Venus in Gemini of the Midpoint.

Another reason is that in my eyes, we are more of a 1st house couple (Davison) than a 7th house couple (Midpoint). Compromise is quite hard for us, but on the good side, we're extremely true to ourselves when with each other and there's little hiding of character flaws between us. We do not mind what others say about us and stick to our guns. Also, our fights are quite public (Mars conjunct Ascendant in Davison). We do not have problems with sex whatsoever but we have difficulty acquiring possessions and money for our relationship (Saturn is in 2nd in Davison and in 8th in Midpoint). Also, we are very emotionally dependent on each other, but we keep that privately between us and try to show a strong image to others (Moon is in 4th in Davison and 10th in Midpoint). So, overall, I decided that Davison seemed a better representation of us.

I read that the astrologer Bob Marks uses Davison more, in fact it's from him that I learned to use Davison. He uses both Midpoint and Davison but he says he finds the Davison a truer representation.

Here's a background of our relationship: BF/GF, 4 years and counting. We went to college together studying Engineering. We've had some troubles about staying faithful to each other before because of our mutual Scorpionic distrust of each other, but now we are much better and more faithful. We enjoy each other's company very much and these days we spend our time reviewing together for our upcoming licensure exams...

Hope this data helps!

Ilythia :)

Zarathu

Account Closed
This isn't a composite chart but for a quick shot you might find it useful.

The Marriage Sun

To assess the potential of the marriage we need some point of connection between them besides looking at their combined aspects.

To do this we do a solar arc direction of the charts to the date and time of the marriage. Then we add the signs.

Lets do an easy one first.
If,

her solar arc directed sun is 19 Gemini 11 that is: 2 signs(starting at Aries), 19 degrees, 11 min
his solar arc directed sun is 19 Cancer 16, that is: 3 signs(starting at Aries), 19 degrees, 16 min

Total: 6 signs, 8 degrees 27 min

or 8 Lib 27

A harder one where you have to go over 12 signs:

if one of them progresses to 10 (signs) 18 degrees AQ 07 minutes

If the other progresses to 9 (signs) 25 degrees CAP 23 minutes

Then 19 signs 43 degrees 30 minutes

which equals 43 Sag 30 as the marriage sun

Put that in each of their charts. Now you want to see what its relationships are. Check to see relation to the arabic part of marriage, Venus, the ruler of the 1st and 7th houses.

Basically you treat it as the ego of the marriage, as you would treat it as the sun. In each of their natal charts it substitutes for the natal sun of the person. What you are looking at is the relationship of this person in the marriage.

Vista

How interesting! Can you do this if there isn't a date of marriage? In other words can you check the potential in the same way IF they were to marry?

Also, do you consider transits? Uranus is opposing the 8 degree Libra.

This isn't a composite chart but for a quick shot you might find it useful.

The Marriage Sun

To assess the potential of the marriage we need some point of connection between them besides looking at their combined aspects.

To do this we do a solar arc direction of the charts to the date and time of the marriage. Then we add the signs.

Lets do an easy one first.
If,

her solar arc directed sun is 19 Gemini 11 that is: 2 signs(starting at Aries), 19 degrees, 11 min
his solar arc directed sun is 19 Cancer 16, that is: 3 signs(starting at Aries), 19 degrees, 16 min

Total: 6 signs, 8 degrees 27 min

or 8 Lib 27

A harder one where you have to go over 12 signs:

if one of them progresses to 10 (signs) 18 degrees AQ 07 minutes

If the other progresses to 9 (signs) 25 degrees CAP 23 minutes

Then 19 signs 43 degrees 30 minutes

which equals 43 Sag 30 as the marriage sun

Put that in each of their charts. Now you want to see what its relationships are. Check to see relation to the arabic part of marriage, Venus, the ruler of the 1st and 7th houses.

Basically you treat it as the ego of the marriage, as you would treat it as the sun. In each of their natal charts it substitutes for the natal sun of the person. What you are looking at is the relationship of this person in the marriage.