Could I make a career as an astrologer?

Sag Moon

tikana said:
PS

can i rain on your parade?

do you know how many peopel have a planet at those degres? MILLIONS! are all of them astrologers? NO!

Tik

EXACTLY!
Like I mentioned in my post there are not many famous astrologers I have examined that have degree's which have a significant amount of the degree's which most have said to associate with being an astrologer.

Just to add to my post there seems to be an understanding from ancient astrologers which states that Saturn(the wisdom planet) and Mercury also play important parts in making of a good astrologer.

There may just be those that have or are born with a certain understanding which helps them to council others and help in their development.Saturn gives this which many overlook.

I have asked some people who profess to know astrology for their opinion of my chart and one came back with a Degree reading saying that I was doomed for this or that which shocked me. They should not be giving advice till they learn that all degree's have dual meanings and that the chart as a whole needs to be looked at not just the parts of ones chart.

The older one gets and can relate tio what they experience through astrological Transits and Secondary Progessions and Solar Arcs allow for them to help others.Reading of generic aspects is just not good enough as there are important parts of the whole chart that need to be intergrated .

In the past year I have done maybe 60 consultations with only one coming back to say I was off ,but reflecting on it I know why.This person insisted they get their reading done right away which I shall never force myself to be used as such again un unless it is just a quwstion of timing for some event like should they move or make a decission about something right away . It takes time to intergrate the whole of the chart and further more this person was not going to have any major changes that I could see,but wished to be told they would.

Astrologers are not just born they are students.It's a life long progress for any of them .They learn as they go along and that goes for the best or most notable astrologers.
---------------------
TIK you have come a long way in a short time.Good for you! How is the weather out in LA-LA land.I miss the sunshine! Snow does not agree with me.
Have a happy Holiday!:)

tikana

SagMoon

happy Holidays to you tooo!!

what do you mean by "TIK you have come a long way in a short time."
Weather? it is good.. you can have it if you want... 1st plane i am outta here.. sick of this weather! Luv snow!

hugs
Tik

Psiber_Space

Thanks for the feedback, Sag and Tik. I'm just reporting it as I'm seeing it, though your comments are reflecting some of the thoughts in the back of my head.

In Tyl's book, Vocations, his comments on Astrologer's Degrees are mentioned along with these names: Katherine De Jersey, astrologer and author from Chicago; Claude Weiss, president of Astrodata; C.E.O. Carter; Harding; and Noel Tyl himself.

As for the thoughts in the back of my head, Mr. Tyl made no comment as to how these points were determined. There is no mathematical calculation mentioned, nor is any relationship to fixed stars nor other objects mentioned. Of course, he makes many references to his many other books, so it could be mentioned in one of those in more detail. I've only read this one book of his, so I really don't know what his other books say.

Sag, if you consider my Sun and Mercury both in 3rd House, and my Pluto in 9th House, then you will see that I totally agree with you about being an eternal student. Astrology is what I call a 'complex knowledge system', and I've always loved 'complex knowledge systems'. The learning never ends. :)

tikana

PS

i dont know about the others but astrology saved my life at the most critical point in my life.

i have merc/uranus/sun/moon in 3rd .. jupiter in 9th!

Tik

Sag Moon

tikana said:
SagMoon

happy Holidays to you tooo!!

what do you mean by "TIK you have come a long way in a short time."
Weather? it is good.. you can have it if you want... 1st plane i am outta here.. sick of this weather! Luv snow!

hugs
Tik
I think I may have confused you with another concerning that comment as I remembered someone wanting a through knowledge of Returns. I do remember you from another site though,BM's and we talked about Hitler and others.

Having the combo that you have makes for a good astrologer I think or one that pursues philos and other subjects.I also share Ur in the 3rd.

If I were to go back to CA. I would choose SD or SF ,but believe me hybernating(?) 9mos. out of the year and battling the snow to get somewhere is a hassle.I hate having to punch a clock and getting into traffic when the roads suck ,sucks!

If I could I would live in a beach house in Costa Rica or HI..I do not have that choice.

Regards!

Concerning the Astrologers degree's it was CEO Carter that proposed that there are certain ones as I remember now. I looked into it and did not find any relevence or correlation.I have maybe 200 famous astrologers charts and I looked at them to see.

Tyl has some great stuff and theories.I find his work very valuable.S&C will be one of the classics of all time along with his work on Solar Arcs ,Vocations and one other thing that I cannot remember at the moment.AS far as Saturn Rx and a few other things I cannot see it yet ,but I am looking at them to find the correlation.

I think Uranus and the Moon is a combo to look at for an astrologer along with the 11th,7th and a few other things.

I would like to find a true psychic astrologer myself. I have only run across a few psychics ,but none are astrologers besides.A few in the past I would have loved to have readings from.

Last edited:

tikana

Sag Moon

i dont trust SR at all!

it is a hit and miss!

I am not too crazy about philosophy even though i have read varies philosophers. I am more into historical linguistics.. it makes a lot easier to learn a language when you know its background

cheers
Tik

Sag Moon

tikana said:
Sag Moon

i dont trust SR at all!

it is a hit and miss!

I am not too crazy about philosophy even though i have read varies philosophers. I am more into historical linguistics.. it makes a lot easier to learn a language when you know its background

cheers
Tik

Sorry TIK,SR is referring to what?(Stationary Retro)?

well the studies you have choosen make sense to me.I have an astro twin that is into almost everything that you are with a Ju placement as you have.

Both planets are well placed in your chart.I will look at it again this morning.

Looking at your chart you have Ju as the cutting planet which is well placed and very well placed.If you wished you could teach or beecome a pioneer doing research.

WHy you so disenchanted with the SOCAL weather if I may ask? I do not get a day off due to the snow here in the No.East.If you are ever in the neighborhood stop by and ski at our many fine resorts.LOL.

Last edited:

tikana

Sag Moon said:
Sorry TIK,SR is referring to what?(Stationary Retro)?

well the studies you have choosen make sense to me.I have an astro twin that is into almost everything that you are with a Ju placement as you have.

Both planets are well placed in your chart.I will look at it again this morning.

Looking at your chart you have Ju as the cutting planet which is well placed and very well placed.If you wished you could teach or beecome a pioneer doing research.

WHy you so disenchanted with the SOCAL weather if I may ask? I do not get a day off due to the snow here in the No.East.If you are ever in the neighborhood stop by and ski at our many fine resorts.LOL.

SagMoon

Ja know i do find myself teaching sometimes ROFLMAO.. I dont know about teaching as teaching though but i am a bookworm! If you look in my library i have literally no books but i read fanatically esp researches! lol

hmm SR - solar return

I cannot STAND LA i am sick of this.. since 2001 i have been trying to get the HELL out of here!

anything but this .. gawd. Gimme something along frosty northern seas wind piercing through the body deeply touching the bones.. yeah! that is what the winter should look like not this 365 days of SUN! puke!

Tik

Sag Moon

TIK
I remember one person use to have his sister send leaves and oakhurst nuts or something in the fall to remind him of the seasons.

I guess we are just at the opposite ends of the spectrum at the moment.

If you have the $$ and time fly here for a week.I bet you'd want back to more acclimate conditions before to long.

It is nice at the momnt as the snow is mellting and it will hit the 40's. We have been blasted with snow and cold air of late.It'salmost like Green Bay or Alaska.It's the most snow before Xmas in like 10yrs. here and cold most of the time.

Like I said I would prefer SF or SD as LA is to plastic for my soul.

Do not knoow what the Almanac had to say or how they forecast,but I bet the got it wrong!

Last edited: