mars in virgo - 2011 - 2012

poyi

Premium Member
Re: Public Health Warning - mars in virgo - for 9 months 2011 - 2012

Have you seen how long it is going to be in this sign?

11 Nov 11 - 3 Jul 2012 - OMG:alien:

I hate transits to this sign.
:sad:

this is interesting though for all those who are health obsessed.
http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/mars-in-virgo

I have Virgo ascendant, natal Mars in Virgo, 1st house, mutual reception with 3rd house Mercury in Scorpio. Mars conjuncts Venus both trine Moon, Mars sextile Mercury.

During this period, I have made a lot of major changes such as had a big hair cut off more than 10 inches, now short hair was long hair for more than 10 years, really sick of it.

Lost a lot of weights without trying almost back to my ideal weight, can now wear tight jeans.

Met many new male friends, some got close but not too close. New male friends keep on appearing. Including several gay male friends.

There are obvious more mental activity than usual.

I met a good man, just a while after Virgo Mars passed my ascendant, approaching Mars return in 24th June.

Caro

Poyi, sounds like it is bringing in some nice energy with that sextile.
good luck with mars return.

for some alas it seems to be causing a bit of aggro.

*emma*

Banned
well, mars in virgo has been conjuncting my natal pluto ascendant and i have tr pluto opposite mars for a year or too, topped with blooming tr pluto square sun, (thanks v much god for the paranoia) rage against the machine is a few words, bitterness about lies and deception, wherever they come from, a morbid fascination with crime and the darker side of life, watching it on tv and reading about it rather than comitting it LOL

on the bright side have been motivated to do things, sort things, sort the wheat from the chaffe and getting to bottom of stuff, keep on fighting for things i believe in, its a blessing in a way, have this power and ammunition to be used and i hope i used it for the right reasons, well, i sleep good at nights so must have been, was mars in virgo with pluto i didnt mean to derail the thread

cutting through as much BS as possible is the mission here

Last edited:

Caro

you talk of pluto in virgo? so uranus must be close by?
what effects from uranus? and mars.

I have the conj and it is hard to seperate the two.(pluto/uranus)

Judy_AzVirgo

Husband has Mars in Virgo (probably 3rd house, but we're not sure). The company where he worked had new owners come in last November, and husband did a slow burn for months, really disliked these people. When Mars retrograded over his natal Mars in mid-March, he quit the job. He wanted to just walk out, but I persuaded him to give two weeks' notice, so he left on March 30 (a pay day) -- when Mars was right on my Sun. Curious.

I was walking on eggshells for 4+ months with him. I think that feeling was as close as I got to experiencing Mars going back and forth over my Sun. Honestly, I didn't really "feel" it otherwise.

(Had other things going on during this period that resulted from other transits, especially Neptune conjunct my Jupiter and Pluto opposite Uranus.)

Sun in Virgo in 10th sextile Mars Scorpio in 1st, also sextile Uranus and opposite Jupiter. Bless those sextiles!

Caro

Judy - thanks for your post.

I hope things work out for your husband.

did he ponder his decision (internally ) while mars was in rx period about end of Jan - end of april? Or did he discuss it with someone a brother/other family member.(3rd house)

I know a lot of people who seemed to do a lot of thinking during that period and clearing out.(looking at health stuff etc)

it was Dhundrun who posted that mars is the trigger/to take action that I guess can sometimes be beneficial - sometimes reckless - depends on the chart(of course) So it is interesting that mars was conj your sun at that time.

it does become hard to seperate out other events with big transits going on.

Judy_AzVirgo

Oh, husband is fine .... Quitting was just "early retirement" for him (about 5 months prior to getting full Social Security benefits), so he had SS to fall back on. Now he's a couch potato and loving it.

He talked about quitting in late 2011. Sure, he pondered it some, and grumbled and groused and swore and carried on before setting an exit date. (He kept threatening to walk off the job, even before we got SS squared away.) I suspect that, for him, a 3rd house placement is more about all that noisy grumping "communication" than about siblings, especially since he's the older child and his sister often defers to him. I got tired of listening to him, with his daily stories about what management was doing wrong. Oy.

I suspect I did more thinking about it more than he did, in terms of WHETHER he should quit early, our income vs payments, checking with a "retirement adviser" to be sure husband had all his Medicare/SS ducks in a row, and so on; it was much on my mind early this year. (I initiated those things, not him!)

It's working out OK, except I'm not used to having him home all the time.

Caro

So he has moved to a new stage in his life. I hope he has lots of plans. most retired folk I know are very busy!:biggrin:

the whole thread was to offer an opportunity to see the effects of mars over this long period of time, in relation to the natal chart. With your scorpio rising and scorpio mars would have expected some effect but as you say in this case beneficial cos of aspects.

I had also hoped that some of the traditionalists on here would comment but no 'takers'.

Judy_AzVirgo

The reason I replied to your thread in the first place was that I had never seen him so angry in 12 years! And the transit of Mars in Virgo was I think the most distinct transit in his chart at the time. His anger lasted from November thru March. Then with Mars direct over his natal Mars in May, the last of his retirement paperwork went through. (The paperwork was a communications thing tied to his Third House, as well as the anger of Mars on Mars.) Anyway, it fit very nicely into the transit.

He is now back to his usual sweet self. He has no other planets in Virgo.

Caro

mars can be anger! (not well expressed in virgo more of a nitpicking- as you mentioned) Glad he broke away from that job.

there were long transit of mars in virgo previously in 1965 and 1980 thereabouts(need to check the dates). I cant find a more recent one.

(NB will do a round up as this transit ends but an interesting aside is that at least 3 of the posters to this thread have been banned.I did put a warning at the top of thread!:sad:)

http://createyourhealth.com/mars-in-virgo-2011/

Caro

We have talked about many things relating to mars in virgo on this thread, the good and the bad.

no one has mentioned intolerance, perhaps becoming aware of it, an increased intolerance.

any thoughts on mars in virgo and a manifestation of intolerance in the personality.

Judy_AzVirgo

Do you mean intolerance on a personal level, directed at us or from us to others? If so, I haven't seen any increase either way under the transit. Maybe there has been a bump in the usual level of political intolerance lately, as a run up to the US Presidential election, but I wouldn't ascribe that to Mars in any sign.

Do you really associate intolerance with Mars in Virgo? Remember, it's a mutable sign!

BTW, I've only known a few people with Mars in Virgo natally, but I wouldn't characterize any of them as 'intolerant', and I've never associated that concept with Mars in Virgo. I used to know a Leo lady with Mercury and Mars in Virgo. She excelled at getting around immovable objects (such as her boss) and in arguments, she'd shift, compromise and back off, I think in order to feel she had 'won'. I'm not sure! But anyway, the shifting around seemed very mutable to me.

Anyway, my experience with Mars in Virgo is that it rarely gets really, really angry -- maybe when their routine is upset, when they have to learn a whole new skill set (so that they're temporarily fumbling with new methods and aren't 'perfect' yet) ... this was the basis of husband's anger.

But maybe others see it differently.

Caro

Hi emma
Im penning my next complaint letter right now! I just dont believe it!

Judy - yes I do and I can see it in someone I know with a stellium in virgo including mars and pluto, mercury the sun. it is quite well hidden though but there.

to critique something to such an extent , the next step is intolerance.

an example would be public health - many virgos in health arena Im sure you will agree and for good reason. Ive worked in public health research. very interesting job. alongside researchers - incredibly gifted(virgos and scorpios abound). the outcome of research say on alcohol etc - a summary of public health pointers - risk factors. here lies the intolerance.very subtle. i think aimed at those who smoke but also in other areas including sexuality.(another taboo and not quite a virgo topic -again hidden)

however equally within the public health field is a sense of you make your bed your lie in it. and the treatment then of patients can reflect how people percieve these risk factors, ie you smoked and got cancer - tough!I have experienced this intolerance myself.

so the shadow side of mars in virgo I think on an individual level and yes more mundane issues.

I know we often refer to websites when we reply to posts. On many websites in relation to the mars in virgo transit you will find the word: intolerance.

Bina

no one has mentioned intolerance, perhaps becoming aware of it, an increased intolerance.

any thoughts on mars in virgo and a manifestation of intolerance in the personality.

This Mars transit of Virgo has been really tough for me!! Been feeling a lot of impatience and irritability with and from people - Mars transiting Pluto/Uranus in 7th house 3 times.

I've been totally unable/unwilling to put up with things which didn't feel right or good during the last few months. If anything seemed unfair, I'd be questioning it. Also found it impossibly difficult to have any unreasonable rules or restrictions imposed on me - as a consequence people got very angry at me and I was accused of being argumentative a few times. I reacted by going into withdrawal as much as possible so that I wouldn't attract any more anger/conflict..:sad:

So glad it's all moving away now and things are shifting again!:smile:
Am beginning to feel more peaceful than I have been for months!!:happy:

Caro

Children of the revolution - how does that song go!!:biggrin:
uranus conj pluto is quite some energy and then mars comes along.Wow

reform away. :biggrin: let it out!
Check out the 2stepbay post on transformation right now. (not sure if you were affected by eclipses - my mid points were)

phew thank goodness it is over for you but what did it change? :tongue: it has to have unearthed!, something in you.

mars is currently conjunct my own uranus/pluto conj. its been tough. I have a chiron transit conjunct natal moon and venus transit in gemni sq it.

but today - new moon surprisingly getting some relief and better news......:biggrin:

Bina

What did it change? A lot, I feel, although I can't see it all clearly yet, since it's all linked up with a bunch of other transits (last full moon eclipse as well as the Venus transit square Pl/Ur - we discussed this on my other thread ...)

I think on the whole it left me with more clarity, focus and determination.:happy: :smile:
Some changes in my relationships with others, at first more on the inner level, as i can see more clearly what's really going on, but then also outwardly as i'm starting to express more directly what i feel and perceive, not just always keeping quiet because that may be safer..:tongue:
waiting to see how it will all progress...

What about you? since you are experiencing the effects of the same transit - only in a different house?

Chiron transiting your moon in Pisces (sounds like that could be relationship stuff with the square from Venus). Then also these first Pluto-Uranus squares will sextile/semi-sextile your moon? What degree is your moon?

Yeah, new moon feels good!! - it's conjunct my Jupiter!:happy:

Last edited:

Caro

yes I remember we did.
it does take awhile to work it all out. Im hoping when mars is direct on uranus I will get a clearer message.

I may start another thread on the chiron tr moon - very emotional and quite low mood. but having been asking for some guidance and started to get that today so yes the new moon is bringing in something better. (There is a relationship but probably its a wider issue of relationships in general)

I just wanted to add I think our generation 63-67 are being hit by pluto sq uranus. Uranus is bounding along in aries dropping dynamite a bit like Tigger shouting 'you can do it - oh yes I can' and pluto is going 'i know you wont' and standing in the corner wearing a beige suit and having none of it!

if you think of the huge changes in the 60's.

It is so hard to implement change as many people are so resistant to it.

Bina

I just wanted to add I think our generation 63-67 are being hit by pluto sq uranus. Uranus is bounding along in aries dropping dynamite a bit like Tigger shouting 'you can do it - oh yes I can' and pluto is going 'i know you wont' and standing in the corner wearing a beige suit and having none of it!

if you think of the huge changes in the 60's.

My feeling is we (mid-sixties) will all be affected strongly by the Pl/Ur square, maybe more so than others, even if the squares now don't trigger the natal conjunction or anything else in the chart, because we carry that same energy by having the conjunction in the natal chart. Perhaps it will be a kind of wake-up call..:w00t:

It is so hard to implement change as many people are so resistant to it.

That's why we need Uranus... - I think he has the power to make things change even if people are resistant to it!! :biggrin:

Judy_AzVirgo

to critique something to such an extent , the next step is intolerance.

an example would be public health - many virgos in health arena Im sure you will agree and for good reason. Ive worked in public health research. very interesting job. alongside researchers - incredibly gifted(virgos and scorpios abound). the outcome of research say on alcohol etc - a summary of public health pointers - risk factors. here lies the intolerance.very subtle. i think aimed at those who smoke but also in other areas including sexuality.(another taboo and not quite a virgo topic -again hidden)

however equally within the public health field is a sense of you make your bed your lie in it. and the treatment then of patients can reflect how people percieve these risk factors, ie you smoked and got cancer - tough!I have experienced this intolerance myself.

so the shadow side of mars in virgo I think on an individual level and yes more mundane issues.

I know we often refer to websites when we reply to posts. On many websites in relation to the mars in virgo transit you will find the word: intolerance.

As well as smoking, drinking, sexual practices, there's obesity, too.

The use of mass media since the '80s to disseminate negative messages about smoking, weight, and so on -- followed by corporate advertising to get people to use products to stop this or improve that -- has led to widespread intolerance, even casual cruelty toward some people who don't conform to a certain look or who practice 'bad habits'. The AMA, ALA and other organizations seem to condone this -- and insurance companies build it into the terms of their coverage, where you pay more if you have certain risk factors... even if you're otherwise healthy. So, yes, you're right about the attitude of "you made your bed, now lie on it" (or pay extra for it).

But I don't think it's possible to equate the public health business or related medical, insurance and advertising businesses, or their attitudes, with Virgo, let alone Mars in Virgo. Intolerance is pervasive in politics in recent years, too, and it all looks to me like a much broader, longer-term phenomenon. A phenomenon that's outside the bounds of astrology.