Medical Profession In Career Astrology

ChildOfVenus

I was reading about placements in a natal chart that would cause a person to want to go into the medical career. And this is something that I ran across Is it true that having Mars in the 10th house could cause a person to want to go into the medical field? I personally have Mars in Gemini in the 10th house and at times I do think about going into medicine.

http://geetahealing.blogspot.com/2013/01/medical-profession-in-career-astrology.html

Last edited:

sibylline

It could, but it's by no means a definite either way. There are plenty of people with Mars in 10th who never considered a medical profession.

What sort of science background do you have? If none, you have to think about just how interested you really are and how feasible it is for you.

ChildOfVenus

I understand but I'm just trying to figure out what career field would be good for me. I find that I am interested in the medical field. And was told that because I have that Mars in the 10th house I could be a good surgeon but I know that's not definite.
It could, but it's by no means a definite either way. There are plenty of people with Mars in 10th who never considered a medical profession.

What sort of science background do you have? If none, you have to think about just how interested you really are and how feasible it is for you.

sibylline

I understand but I'm just trying to figure out what career field would be good for me. I find that I am interested in the medical field. And was told that because I have that Mars in the 10th house I could be a good surgeon but I know that's not definite.

I understand. You still didn't answer the question -- what sort of science background do you have? If you don't have any, you're looking at seven years of hard schooling and training. Absolute bare minimum. Ten for surgery.

I have Mars in the 10th and ruling the 10th. There are other factors to be considered.

ChildOfVenus

I may not have to be in school for seven years it depends on what profession I take up in the Medical Field.
I understand. You still didn't answer the question -- what sort of science background do you have? If you don't have any, you're looking at seven years of hard schooling and training. Absolute bare minimum. Ten for surgery.

I have Mars in the 10th and ruling the 10th. There are other factors to be considered.

sibylline

I may not have to be in school for seven years it depends on what profession I take up in the Medical Field.

When people refer to a medical career, without any more information given this refers to "physician". Then you mentioned surgeon, so it's a fair assumption that you were referring to becoming a physician of some sort.

If now you're saying an allied health field, what about them and which one?

ChildOfVenus

I don't know that's what I'm trying to figure out.
When people refer to a medical career, without any more information given this refers to "physician". Then you mentioned surgeon, so it's a fair assumption that you were referring to becoming a physician of some sort.

If now you're saying an allied health field, what about them and which one?

turkish girl

I was reading about placements in a natal chart that would cause a person to want to go into the medical career. And this is something that I ran across Is it true that having Mars in the 10th house could cause a person to want to go into the medical field? I personally have Mars in Gemini in the 10th house and at times I do think about going into medicine.

http://geetahealing.blogspot.com/2013/01/medical-profession-in-career-astrology.html

It seems that was an old topic but ,i found that interesting as a medical student.

When i started to deal with astrology I wondered so much that which aspects shows a person in medicine,and also i personally looked my chart deeply.

In my opinion and from my observations,people who has lots of 6th house theme in their natal chart,they are tend to choose service to others.And 6th house-related virgo,i have lots of virgo sun-moon-rising sign in my class.
By the way i have 5 planet in my 6th,and i am virgo rising.

Mars in 10th only one planetary position.It is so hard to judge to say if you can choose medicine or not.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you well I do have Moon in the 6th house but that's the only planet I have in my 6th house.
It seems that was an old topic but ,i found that interesting as a medical student.

When i started to deal with astrology I wondered so much that which aspects shows a person in medicine,and also i personally looked my chart deeply.

In my opinion and from my observations,people who has lots of 6th house theme in their natal chart,they are tend to choose service to others.And 6th house-related virgo,i have lots of virgo sun-moon-rising sign in my class.
By the way i have 5 planet in my 6th,and i am virgo rising.

Mars in 10th only one planetary position.It is so hard to judge to say if you can choose medicine or not.

ExLibris

I found the article you posted quite interesting - however, I have to agree with Turkish girl. A single aspect without anything to connect it with can indicate more than just one thing.

So a 10th house Mars would presumably make a good surgeon, yes, but as a single aspect, I think it could also apply to athletic pursuits as a future career.

Your Moon in the 6th might signify a predilection for helping others, or at least being sympathetic to those in need, and channeling some of that Lunar emotion into your everyday work.

So taking the two together...how do you feel about sports medicine? :lol:

This is, naturally, just an opinion, and a loose interpretation. Like sibylline pointed out, it's also about your training and your natural inclination. Do you feel like you want to dedicate your life to helping others? Does this stir something inside of you, and that would make the years of training, and the lifetime of learning worth it?

I'm a 4th year medical student myself - I got into med school aspiring to be a gynecologist (Cancer Midheaven, with Venus conjuncting it), and I also have a 12th house Jupiter conjunct Ascendant - both indicators of a future medical profession. However, my personal passion played a decisive role, because most of my other planetary positions seem to point towards a future career as an artist (writer, singer, etc).

So I guess, at the end of the day (and what turned out to be a very long post :lol: ), it all boils down to what you really want to do. If you don't want to be a doctor, 10 Marses in the 10th won't make you one. However, if you do, no square or Saturn is strong enough to stop you. :joyful:

ukdesifem

it's best to see ALL aspects of a chart to note career potential.

No one placement can reveal anything. It's like saying Sun in Aries are soldiers, or Sun in Pisces are nurses..haha. no.

It's a mix of aspects, the "trinity" (Rising, Sun, Moon), stelliums, etc.

ChildOfVenus

Yes I do feel like I would be happy helping others. It's probably because I have Moon in the 6th house and Venus in Pisces. I've decided to go into dental assisting. But I don't want to work as a dental assistant forever. Therefore I'll have to think of another career which fits me as well. Which is difficult to do really would I want to be a surgeon? No not really lol. The training part is what I have somewhat of a difficult time with. I think there are certain aspects to my Mercury that causes me to not like long and dragged out kind of training. Like anything that requires me to focus for long periods of time I get bored. I'm really trying my best to work on that though.
I found the article you posted quite interesting - however, I have to agree with Turkish girl. A single aspect without anything to connect it with can indicate more than just one thing.

So a 10th house Mars would presumably make a good surgeon, yes, but as a single aspect, I think it could also apply to athletic pursuits as a future career.

Your Moon in the 6th might signify a predilection for helping others, or at least being sympathetic to those in need, and channeling some of that Lunar emotion into your everyday work.

So taking the two together...how do you feel about sports medicine? :lol:

This is, naturally, just an opinion, and a loose interpretation. Like sibylline pointed out, it's also about your training and your natural inclination. Do you feel like you want to dedicate your life to helping others? Does this stir something inside of you, and that would make the years of training, and the lifetime of learning worth it?

I'm a 4th year medical student myself - I got into med school aspiring to be a gynecologist (Cancer Midheaven, with Venus conjuncting it), and I also have a 12th house Jupiter conjunct Ascendant - both indicators of a future medical profession. However, my personal passion played a decisive role, because most of my other planetary positions seem to point towards a future career as an artist (writer, singer, etc).

So I guess, at the end of the day (and what turned out to be a very long post :lol: ), it all boils down to what you really want to do. If you don't want to be a doctor, 10 Marses in the 10th won't make you one. However, if you do, no square or Saturn is strong enough to stop you. :joyful:

Last edited: