150°

Sunny

Actually we have an quinconx (150°) between Venus and Moon, and another from Sun to Jupiter. I am not very used to understand really this aspect and have heard that this means that we have to rectify something. So my question is : how would you manage these two aspects now? what have we to learn from them? Are they important enough to reflect about them? Or, only tell me, how you deal with them. Tank you very much! :)

Sunny

dr. farr

Anciently these were known as "disconjunct" aspects; they have always indicated difficult flow of energy, dissonance; considered a minor aspect by most, Ebertin et al (Cosmobiologie) has accorded them considerable significance in certain applications (such as in medical astrology) and Modernist pioneer Charles Carter came to regard them as being close in importance to the Ptolemaic aspects (trine, square, sextile, opposition)

tsmall

Premium Member
Anciently these were known as "disconjunct" aspects; they have always indicated difficult flow of energy, dissonance; considered a minor aspect by most, Ebertin et al (Cosmobiologie) has accorded them considerable significance in certain applications (such as in medical astrology) and Modernist pioneer Charles Carter came to regard them as being close in importance to the Ptolemaic aspects (trine, square, sextile, opposition)

The more I learn, dr. farr (thanks in part to you and others here) the more this makes sense to me. Because disjunction, or aversion (not just the 150* but next door signs as well) show an area of the chart where the planets within are unable to "see" each other. In psychological (or perhaps more aptly modern astrology) this has major significance, but even anciently, for those who only look at Ptolemaic aspects, a non-aspect is just as important, don't you think?

These adverse aspects, especially to the ASC (eg, the 6th and 8th houses, and then the 12th and 2nd) are part of what gives the meanings of the houses, and why some are considered to be more unfortunate than others?

dr. farr

Yes: notice that the 6th, 8th and 12th are all "disjunct", the 6th and 8th specifically so, the 12th as the "next door" sign which cannot "see" the ascendant; notice also that in very early Western astrology the 2nd house was not that propitious, and the 2nd house continues to be one of the "maraka" (death) houses in Vedic astrology to this day...

Sunny

Thank you very much, Dr. Farr! It confirms what I ever feeled - not a so positive aspect, and not so clear to understand. "Disconjunct", "dissonance" - that seems to work. So I'll have a look at Ebertin's Cosmobiology.
Thank you once more! :) And Happy New Year! :)

Sunny

Gorgina

How to deal with a quincunx? What I read about that aspect sounds quite hopeless and I have 5 quincunxes in my chart :(

Mercury(12th) quincunx Neptune (6th); orb 1°
Saturn (11th) quincunx Neptune (6th); orb 1°
Saturn (11th) quincunx Uranus (4th); orb 2°
MC (10th) quincunx Uranus (4th); orb 3°
Jupiter (4th) quincunx Chiron (11th); orb 1°

And yes, it are 2 Yods, or 3 if MC can be part of a Yod.

Is it true, that one can't do anything to find a solution for a quincunx and has to say "it's messed up and will always be"?
If it is the case, then I suppose people with many quincunxes are more likely to commit suicide than others. Does anyone know something about?

Sunny

Hi, Kaiousei no Senshi,

thank you for the article, I like Deborah and her interpretations very much !
And
to turn away from each other, indicating an almost malevolent lack of sympathy.
could be a good advice to stop running after a situation which you cannot change.

So, Gorgina, I would see it like that. Having Mercury near my ASC but in the 12th, I tortured always my mind in asking me, why all this and that happened, what have been my actions what gave me such feed-backs and so on, until I understood that this position of Mercury could indicate much malevolent speech in your back. It has been really liberating for me to understand this and since I am no more bothered by these special situations. I hope this could help you, too.

Greetings
Sunny