Will we be together? Please help :)

LovelyMissAries

Q Will we be together? (No time frame)

L1 - L7

Asking in regards to a guy friend who became part of my close circle of friends. I've known him the last four years and there's always been an attraction between us but there's some obstacles and clashes in values. I haven't spoken to him in about five months because I needed space and felt he was giving me mixed signals, and I was mad he was treating me differently than my best friend (she's taken.) when I'd explicitly stated we were only friends and had stuck to that.

Venus is in detriment in Aries - middle
Mars exalted in Capricorn - beginning

^^ I feel this points to money, honestly. Venus is squaring Jupiter and Jupiter is conjunct Saturn. He doesn't want a full time job because he likes his freedom and extensibly probably wanted to avoid commitments in general (Saturn).

I also think Venus just passed over Chiron in Aries, right? So his feelings were probably hurt in this process. I haven't spoken to him in five months because he upset me and I needed space. I don't know if he knows the whole "Why" or not.

I'm Mars in Capricorn sextile Sun in Aquarius - YES! I like commitments and structure! I recently told a friend 90% of my identity is in my work / career. Sun is in fall in Aquarius and Mars is weak-voiced in Capricorn despite it's exaltation (right?) so I'm wondering if this points to me feeling like I can't express myself to this person?

Moon separating from Venus - he likes me, yes, but he's moving on. Moon is also void of course, but functioning in Sagittarius. Nothing to be done here except accept the current state of things.

No aspect from Venus to Mars.

Verdict: We probably won't be together romantically, but the care was / is there on his end.

Attachments

• WWBTG.jpg
    WWBTG.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 45

IleneK

Premium Member
I think you analysis is spot on. He cares for you but is weak in the matter, Venus in detriment in your house. You are strong, Mars exalted in Capricorn invested in your work/career, which is preeminent here.
Venus and Mars don't aspect, so we don't see a coming together in some near term [since horary would be disinclined to pronounce that it will be "never"].

The only thing I might reconsider is your suggestion that exalted Mars would be "weak-voiced" by a weak sextile aspect to a weak Sun in detriment? Not sure I see that...

Good work, lovely!
And sorry about what the chart points to...:sad:

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

The only thing I might reconsider is your suggestion that exalted Mars would be "weak-voiced" by a weak sextile aspect to a weak Sun in detriment? Not sure I see that...

Good work, lovely!
And sorry about what the chart points to...:sad:

It's okay! You know, no such thing as "never" and life is always changing. I need to work on myself just as he is working on himself at the moment which spurred my question. He quit drinking and smoking and is aiming to become more stable so he can build a life for himself. :love:

True, I wasn't really sure about the "voice" of the planet, but according to John Frawley the sign of Aries is "loud-voiced" and the sign of Capricorn is "weak-voiced." The Sun points to our overall expression and being in fall in Aquarius ... we had a lot of differences, and it seemed he rarely understood where I was coming from or take responsibility for his actions.

Does that make sense or is that not the correct way to use "voices"?

IleneK

Premium Member
It's okay! You know, no such thing as "never" and life is always changing. I need to work on myself just as he is working on himself at the moment which spurred my question. He quit drinking and smoking and is aiming to become more stable so he can build a life for himself. :love:

True, I wasn't really sure about the "voice" of the planet, but according to John Frawley the sign of Aries is "loud-voiced" and the sign of Capricorn is "weak-voiced." The Sun points to our overall expression and being in fall in Aquarius ... we had a lot of differences, and it seemed he rarely understood where I was coming from or take responsibility for his actions.

Does that make sense or is that not the correct way to use "voices"?

I am not that familiar with Frawley's "voices", so I was looking at Aries and Capricorn more as "expressions" of Mars, and to me, exaltation of Mars does not seem weak. But, Cap is certainly more subdued than Aries, to me. So I take your point.
And also, "The Sun points to our overall expression" seems a rather modern description not particularly attributed to horary.

But honestly, given the framework you are working in, what you say is thoughtful, logical, internally consistent, and I think a very legitimate delineation of Mars to the Sun in this chart.

LovelyMissAries

I am not that familiar with Frawley's "voices", so I was looking at Aries and Capricorn more as "expressions" of Mars, and to me, exaltation of Mars does not seem weak. But, Cap is certainly more subdued than Aries, to me. So I take your point.
And also, "The Sun points to our overall expression" seems a rather modern description not particularly attributed to horary.

But honestly, given the framework you are working in, what you say is thoughtful, logical, internally consistent, and I think a very legitimate delineation of Mars to the Sun in this chart.

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

tikana

Ilenek
Voices are ancient astrology understanding
Water signs all silent mute
Anthony louis covers vocals pretty goof
William lilly has it too vol 1 i think