Pisces & money..

txri

I know Pisces have a rep of over-indulging (true). That being said, I can't save money to save my life. I literally have to lock it away somewhere that I don't have access to to save up any amount of money. It drives me crazy- but the fact that I feel like I don't have any self control over this aspect of my life drives me INSANE.
Is there anything in my chart that speaks on this and/or is this just a mental hurdle that I have to overcome?

Edit: here's my chart
http://tinypic.com/r/2dkvnl/9

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The pursuit of money is a Pisces trait, since I looked at your chart had the Sun and Mercury (the "money" planet) in your ascendant Pisces. The sign is ruled by Neptune, the planet of addiction, obsession and impulses, then traditional astrologers believe Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, planet of luck, fortune and success. Your issue is learning how to put away enough money in savings, even when you're doing financially well. My Mercury is in Pisces-9th close to my Sun/Moon Aquarius conjunction hasn't gave me much stability or prosperity in my life though, and my Neptune in Sag-5th square Sun/Moon in 8th, something tells me my issues differ from yours: I'm more likely a saver than spender, esp. when I live on my own on a tight budget and fixed income.

Last edited:

Astrochologist

Jupiter rules excess, and Pisces is the final sign. They've lost their need for personal and in favor of humanitarian efforts. That's why Pisces give away so much in terms of time, money, and energy.

Julia Karmic Astrology

I think it is a combination of your Pisces Sun and 2h Aries.

A Pisces Sun tends not to care about money, and has addictive tendencies.
2h Aries makes you impulsive and somewhat reckless with your resources.

You may need to structure your money and habits. Perhaps an automatic deduction
from your wages to a savings account?

Julia

txri

Julia

Ah, thank you. That clears things up. That's how bills are handled- auto deduct to a savings account. But as far as excess money.. You can bet I'm spending it :(
But I will definitely look into several other structured ways of handling money. Thanks for the response!

txri

The pursuit of money is a Pisces trait, since I looked at your chart had the Sun and Mercury (the "money" planet) in your ascendant Pisces. The sign is ruled by Neptune, the planet of addiction, obsession and impulses, then traditional astrologers believe Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, planet of luck, fortune and success. Your issue is learning how to put away enough money in savings, even when you're doing financially well. My Mercury is in Pisces-9th close to my Sun/Moon Aquarius conjunction hasn't gave me much stability or prosperity in my life though, and my Neptune in Sag-5th square Sun/Moon in 8th, something tells me my issues differ from yours: I'm more likely a saver than spender, esp. when I live on my own on a tight budget and fixed income.

Yes, very much so. I always think "this money will come back around" even when I know I'm not in the position to spend.

Maybe a ceramic piggy bank that I can't remove money from well benefit me!
Thanks for the response!:)

Toonty

Geez, quadruple pisces, I would just assume it just isn't in your natural abilities to care so much about something so materialistic such as money. I'm a pisces as well so I feel you.

sibylline

I can't see the chart for some reason. I remember from another thread that you have a stellium in Pisces, Pisces ASC? Do you lack fixed signs?

I don't have any issues with saving money; that comes naturally to me.

Last edited:

sibylline

Okay, I can see the chart now. Yes, mutable and cardinal tendency, no fixed personal placements, mutable Merc in 1st house, Venus in Aries conjunct 2nd cusp opposite Jupiter conjunct 8th cusp, Venus square Uranus, Mars in 5th square Jupiter...wow. The only question is why you're not flat out broke. :)

muchacho

Julia
I agree, Aries makes for impulsive spending and there's a lack of patience in terms of accumulating resources. If we add the Pisces Sun to that then we've got someone who loses track of his/her resources far too easily. However, anything structured goes against the Pisces nature.

david starling

Geez, quadruple pisces, I would just assume it just isn't in your natural abilities to care so much about something so materialistic such as money. I'm a pisces as well so I feel you.

Siderealy, it's the Spiritual Age of Pisces. But, in Tropical coordinates, it's Earth's Mundane Age of Capricorn, so money and structure are vital to our daily, materialistic lives. We Pisceans are go-with-the-flow when we're supposed to be saving, scheduling, and planning for the future. Perhaps a friendly Capricornian could provide some guidance in managing your finances!

txri

Okay, I can see the chart now. Yes, mutable and cardinal tendency, no fixed personal placements, mutable Merc in 1st house, Venus in Aries conjunct 2nd cusp opposite Jupiter conjunct 8th cusp, Venus square Uranus, Mars in 5th square Jupiter...wow. The only question is why you're not flat out broke. :)

I more than likely would be if it weren't for the extra help. So all those squares and conjunctions point to bad money management?

I agree, Aries makes for impulsive spending and there's a lack of patience in terms of accumulating resources. If we add the Pisces Sun to that then we've got someone who loses track of his/her resources far too easily. However, anything structured goes against the Pisces nature.

Ah, okay. Im still trying to learn what aspects in my chart say that, so it's a combination of my Sun in Pisces and Venus in Aries?
Going against structure.. Explains why I also butt heads with authority :innocent:

Siderealy, it's the Spiritual Age of Pisces. But, in Tropical coordinates, it's Earth's Mundane Age of Capricorn, so money and structure are vital to our daily, materialistic lives. We Pisceans are go-with-the-flow when we're supposed to be saving, scheduling, and planning for the future. Perhaps a friendly Capricornian could provide some guidance in managing your finances!

I'm literally the worst at all of those. It takes sincere effort from me to get any of those accomplished.
Unfortunately, the closest to a Capricorn friends is a Sagittarius with a 12/17 birthdate. But she's actually extremely well at saving money so I'll have to have a chat with her.

Thank you everyone for the responses! xx

Julia Karmic Astrology

Txri:

I do think the chances of you overcoming your money issues are very good. You have admitted the problem, are actively seeking help, and have already put some financial structure in place.

We have talked about the Pisces Sun disinterest in money issues, as well as addictive behavior. And your 2h Aries causing impulsivity and recklessness when it comes to your personal resources.

But if you look at your natal chart, you can see the Taurus energy residing in your 2h as well. While this energy can be stubborn, dug in and self indulgent, it can also be focused upon security and the ability to plan and organize. So that energy is available to you in managing your finances.

Your 2h ruler is Mars, located in the 5h. This means some creativity will be needed to solve this problem, and it has a nurturing feel to the energy.

Your 8h, the house of shared resources, has Libra on the cusp, so there is a sense that perhaps other trusted persons can assist you successfully with your money plan.

I also want to point out another challenge and opportunity presented in your chart. Mars is aspected to Jupiter. This is a marker for the ability to manifest what is needed. Care must be taken to stay positive, or else negative will be manifested.

We can see with the Mars/Jupiter square that you tend to express the energy in a negative way: rash speculation, negative expectations, perhaps a gambler. It is your choice to use this energy in a more positive way: enthusiastic, lucky person, who can attract abundance and manifest what is needed.

Julia

sibylline

I more than likely would be if it weren't for the extra help. So all those squares and conjunctions point to bad money management

They all point to a lack of impulse control, planning, and realism, and a strong tendency to self-gratification and indulgence. Julia mentioned a way to tackle this but you're going to have to be very self-aware and cultivate discipline in general.

david starling

With :cancer:Asc., you need to feel safe and secure, and you're able to control your impulses to accomplish that. But with Pisces rising, trusting to luck and believing that everything will "work out o.k." is the necessary attitude. Then, along comes Saturn, which is more than happy to ask (with a smug smile), "Yeah, how's THAT working for ya?!":lol:

txri

I also want to point out another challenge and opportunity presented in your chart. Mars is aspected to Jupiter. This is a marker for the ability to manifest what is needed. Care must be taken to stay positive, or else negative will be manifested.

We can see with the Mars/Jupiter square that you tend to express the energy in a negative way: rash speculation, negative expectations, perhaps a gambler. It is your choice to use this energy in a more positive way: enthusiastic, lucky person, who can attract abundance and manifest what is needed.

Julia

Thank you so much for the detailed response. You broke it down perfectly for me. How can I manifest this energy into a positive one? I don't quite understand how to do this :unsure:
Sometimes I feel like I should gamble because I just KNOW that I'll win, I have dumb luck.. But that's how it starts and don't all gamblers think that? :lol:

They all point to a lack of impulse control, planning, and realism, and a strong tendency to self-gratification and indulgence. Julia mentioned a way to tackle this but you're going to have to be very self-aware and cultivate discipline in general.

lack of impulse control, indeed.

With :cancer:Asc., you need to feel safe and secure, and you're able to control your impulses to accomplish that. But with Pisces rising, trusting to luck and believing that everything will "work out o.k." is the necessary attitude. Then, along comes Saturn, which is more than happy to ask (with a smug smile), "Yeah, how's THAT working for ya?!":lol:

Yes! :lol: it frustrates me like crazy that I'm just so whatever about money.

muchacho

Ah, okay. Im still trying to learn what aspects in my chart say that, so it's a combination of my Sun in Pisces and Venus in Aries?
Going against structure.. Explains why I also butt heads with authority :innocent:
Your Pisces Sun would indicated that you wouldn't feel at ease with strict guidelines, rules or routine on a conscious ego level. So out there in the world, let's say at work, you would do well in less structured and more chaotic environments. Your Moon, however, is conjunct Saturn which would suggest the opposite, structure and security, but on an emotional level only. So at home, in private you would prefer a rather structured environment you can rely on, you would rather play it safe.

So there are some contradictions built into your chart, for sure. So maybe save as much money until you feel secure enough and then spend the rest freely.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thank you so much for the detailed response. You broke it down perfectly for me. How can I manifest this energy into a positive one? I don't quite understand how to do this :unsure:
Sometimes I feel like I should gamble because I just KNOW that I'll win, I have dumb luck.. But that's how it starts and don't all gamblers think that? :lol:
Txri:

What kind of gambling do you mean?
Has that been a problem contributing to your financial issues?
With a Pisces Sun you should be careful around any addictive behaviors.

We are all born with many gifts and talents as shown in our natal charts. It is important that we use these gifts in a responsible and ethical way. For example, a Jup/Mars aspect can make for some natural luck. And an ability to manifest that which we want. But this gift should be used for good, not bad. For example, using it for an addiction, or to hurt others, to hurt self is not an appropriate use of this talent.

The best way for you to use this talent with your specific presenting problem, would be to begin to have the confidence and determination to overcome your money problems. That you can be prudent, responsible and plan well. Begin to visualize a secure future, a nice savings and checking account. Start seeing yourself in this light. Right now you are visualizing and seeing yourself in a negative hopeless light. This is the vision that must change.

Julia

txri

Txri:

What kind of gambling do you mean?
Has that been a problem contributing to your financial issues?
With a Pisces Sun you should be careful around any addictive behaviors.

We are all born with many gifts and talents as shown in our natal charts. It is important that we use these gifts in a responsible and ethical way. For example, a Jup/Mars aspect can make for some natural luck. And an ability to manifest that which we want. But this gift should be used for good, not bad. For example, using it for an addiction, or to hurt others, to hurt self is not an appropriate use of this talent.

The best way for you to use this talent with your specific presenting problem, would be to begin to have the confidence and determination to overcome your money problems. That you can be prudent, responsible and plan well. Begin to visualize a secure future, a nice savings and checking account. Start seeing yourself in this light. Right now you are visualizing and seeing yourself in a negative hopeless light. This is the vision that must change.

Julia

Gambling money wise. But no, I don't gamble.. I like to but that's exactly why I don't. My main money problems come from impulsive spending.

You're absolutely right. I firmly believe in the law of attraction and have been acting like I've forgotten! Thanks Julia for the reminder :)

Julia Karmic Astrology

Gambling money wise. But no, I don't gamble.. I like to but that's exactly why I don't. My main money problems come from impulsive spending.

You're absolutely right. I firmly believe in the law of attraction and have been acting like I've forgotten! Thanks Julia for the reminder :)

Like all of us, you have been sent some challenging energy, but you have some strengths which can help you. In karmic astrology, we believe that if you can handle the harsher energy in your chart, then in your next life, that energy will be easy. In other words, you can turn your current natal squares into natal trines in your next life. :)

Learn to live in the positive traits of your important signs and aspects. Discard the negative. A Pisces sun has the opportunity to come off the karmic wheel altogether after this life. But you must navigate the challenges successfully. Since you have a Pisces Sun conjunct a Pisces Moon, we can see that you have been working on Pisces energy for many past lives, and in this lifetime are meant to finally understand and live the positives of that sign, and leave behind the negative. Pisces can easily fall into the role of victim, but that is not what you are meant to do. Please avail yourself of any help and assistance with a goal of financial structuring and planning to enable you to live comfortably.

And of course you have one foot on Earth, one foot in the Divine. You know how to manifest and understand the laws of attraction. It is going to be critical for you to connect with your higher self, your spiritual self while ensuring a healthy comfortable life on the Earth plane.

Julia