Should Birth Certificates Specify the Acknowledgement of Day Light Savings?

GeminiStarr

I was recently in a thread and read that hospitals didn't factor in DST when recording the time. My BC doesn't state anything about DST, should it?

I was born during DST , Should I view my birth time as is or adjust it?

Opal

Premium Member
If you are at astro.com there is no need for you to adjust if you have you time of birth, they have the calculations intact.

GeminiStarr

If you are at astro.com there is no need for you to adjust if you have you time of birth, they have the calculations intact.

No I mean when they record the birth time on the certificate. I read that some hospitals didn't adjust their clocks so when they wrote down the time they weren't observing DST

JUPITERASC

I was recently in a thread and read that hospitals didn't factor in DST when recording the time. My BC doesn't state anything about DST, should it?

I was born during DST , Should I view my birth time as is or adjust it?
If your doctor has any medical notes those would note the time of birth as well :smile:

JUPITERASC

I don't think everyone calls the hospital they were born at to check, did you?
not everyone is an astrologer obviously :smile:
however
it remains the simplest way to get a definitive answer
Are there birth certificates that say DST?
DST is automatically factored into astrological software
but
clearly if your birth certificate does not specifiy DST
then you need to phone the hospital and check
or consult medical records via doctor

GeminiStarr

not everyone is an astrologer obviously :smile:
however
it remains the simplest way to get a definitive answer

DST is automatically factored into astrological software
but
clearly if your birth certificate does not specifiy DST
then you need to phone the hospital and check
or consult medical records via doctor

That wasn't my question

I am well aware that DST is factored when drawing a chart, that wasnt what I was asking.

Did you call the hospital for your records?

And are there actually certificates that state DST?

greybeard

You must assume that clocks were set. Then check the chart against life events.

About 20 years ago, 2 or maybe 3 of Mexico's northern states tried DST. The following year only one state went DST and after that, none.

Astro.com, and probably other sites, have full time techs dedicated to time corrections. A few years back I found an error in their time for early post-war Latvia. As soon as they became aware of the error it was fixed.

The folks who signed my BC are long since in the grave. Check your chart by rectification.

GeminiStarr

About 20 years ago, 2 or maybe 3 of Mexico's northern states tried DST. The following year only one state went DST and after that, none.

Astro.com, and probably other sites, have full time techs dedicated to time corrections. A few years back I found an error in their time for early post-war Latvia. As soon as they became aware of the error it was fixed.

The folks who signed my BC are long since in the grave. Check your chart by rectification.

Thank you, you seem to be the only one who understands what my question was lol and what I was getting at.

I will take my birthtime as it and I will look into rectification

Opal

Premium Member
No I mean when they record the birth time on the certificate. I read that some hospitals didn't adjust their clocks so when they wrote down the time they weren't observing DST

Most hospitals use the local time of birth in North America. Actually in most of the world. There is no way of knowing if you were born in a hospital near the time zone change if the hospital staff were expedient at changing the clock. Rectification is something that may be in order if you feel that there is an inaccuracy with your time. If it is only an hour than the job of rectification should be easier than starting with no time. The hospital would not be able to answer if the staff were changing the clock on time. Some may of changed to a computer system and are always accurate. Some may not. Good luck.

JUPITERASC

The folks who signed my BC are long since in the grave.

Check your chart by rectification.
Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles :smile:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

Thank you, you seem to be the only one who understands what my question was lol and what I was getting at.
I will take my birthtime as it and

I will look into rectification
Most hospitals use the local time of birth in North America. Actually in most of the world. There is no way of knowing if you were born in a hospital near the time zone change if the hospital staff were expedient at changing the clock. Rectification is something that may be in order if you feel that there is an inaccuracy with your time. If it is only an hour than the job of rectification should be easier than starting with no time. The hospital would not be able to answer if the staff were changing the clock on time. Some may of changed to a computer system and are always accurate. Some may not. Good luck.