How does one recoup the costs of astrology software?

duenderoja

I find that I give out readings without requiring pay. But this is only when I personally decide to voluntarily give.

I suppose I could be more charismatic but that is not a part of my make up. I do not know how to get people interested in my product.

Can anyone offer pointers?

Saturn90

If you're just interested in 'cost recovery of your sw' then hmmm you shouldn't do professional astrology....astrology requires true passion...for example when I buy some nice perfume (I've near obsession for perfumes) I never think of recovery......I think of my passion and pleasure I get from it....

Crystalpages

If you're just interested in 'cost recovery of your sw' then hmmm you shouldn't do professional astrology....astrology requires true passion...for example when I buy some nice perfume (I've near obsession for perfumes) I never think of recovery......I think of my passion and pleasure I get from it....

You seem to be equating passion and pleasure {and dedication} with professional (earning their living from...) practice. Is that truly so...?

Also, professional and expert are not synonymous. You did not say that but often folks make that assumption.

Regards

Saturn90

If you don't have passion for something and you just work for 'money'.....i don't think so it will yield any success but may be help making money.....it's true for everything and if there is passion pleasure will be the by-product ..just my views really ...second astrology is not considered a science in any part of the world ...its more like a faith and for faith you need drive for a true success...but anyone can make money with a business mind but not that true success.....

duenderoja

I do not share your views Saturn. Jyotish is a science.

I only want to make enough to recoup the costs of the software. That is my only wish. I am not a professional astrologer, but I can print out a report quick fast. That is brainless, but so many other astrologers charge so much money for the very same thing. I have been giving readings out for free. Hence my question.

mathur_dinesh

People in India start a centre with the objective of making birth charts. They do not give any predictions as they are not astrologers but they make good money.

Shivoham

I do not share your views Saturn. Jyotish is a science.

I only want to make enough to recoup the costs of the software. That is my only wish. I am not a professional astrologer, but I can print out a report quick fast. That is brainless, but so many other astrologers charge so much money for the very same thing. I have been giving readings out for free. Hence my question.

Although I am new to the forum/community and getting to learn astrology from various readings, videos, and much more.. and I do share your sentiment as well thinking how one would/should/could make money. Not necessarily for me, but others in general if they are good since I do look for things from various aspects.

One approach would be is to advertise yourself in local newspaper by offering free general reading and then can charge for a bit more elaborate report with minimal cost and as your customer base grows, you can charge slightly higher for the report. Initially its about gaining audience and by just running few reports for minimal cost, you can recover cost for your advertisements as well as the software.

My 2cents... all the best. Feel free to PM me if you have other questions in marketing/advertising areas as I have done as a job profession for others and can guide others.