Planets as school teachers?

Carris

I initially wrote this post in the "Is pluto the devil" thread. But I really want to know if you have experienced the planets as school teachers or professors who are taking us souls through this virtual reality classroom called earth. For example, I have definitely experienced saturn as my teacher.

"I absolutely 100% believe in this quote from Dolores Cannon: "There is no evil, no devil, no hell. There are only lessons to be learnt. Earth is only a school that we souls decide to attend. Each lifetime is a class with many lessons to be learned. You cannot go on to the next class until you have learned the lessons of this one. This as a school where you cannot skip a grade but you can certainly have to repeat a grade until you get it right – no matter how many lifetimes it takes. If you didn’t get it right this time around, then you will be presented with the SAME problems and lessons until you get it."

So pluto is not the devil - he's just a intimidating teacher for "special students" in this Earth school.
Saturn is the stern, harsh, disciplinarian taskmaster who gives tons of homework and needs it in time - or else he can make things very difficult indeed. And you'd better come well prepared for class discussion. But he can also be very supportive when he sees sincerety in a student.
Jupiter is the fun teacher who makes lessons as interesting and engaging as possible. Keeps the class in a good mood.
Uranus is the brilliant genius unconventional absent-minded professor that expands your mind like nothing else.
Mars is probably the active impatient sports coach. Or the excellent teacher of engineering, science?
Venus would be the very fashionable one, teaching art, social skills and etiquette
Neptune would be the dreamy wispy inspired drama music teacher
Mercury would be quick, talkative and teach language, math, algebra, logic and critical thinking
Moon would be motherly, kind, calm, gentle and nurture the pre-schoolers, teach them how to get along with each other
Sun would preside as the headmaster and make sure all do their jobs properly.
(I need better descriptions!)

(What teachers would the North Node and South node be?)

Stubborn, difficult, problematic students who refuse to learn their lessons are sent to this scary, dark, disturbing "special classes" pluto teacher so that they finally get on the right track. Pluto transforms them; destroys, destructs, devastates their ignorance - even if he has to take somewhat extreme measures. Pluto makes sure that these "special" students emerge like the phoenix from his care and go on to achieve much."

The other planets would similarly teach us their lessons in their own way.

Last edited:

NeoWarrior83

I agree 100% with your words Carris.:cool: In my personal case the biggest lessons I'm learning in my life was from my Saturn and Pluto in first house and Sun and Mercury in the 12th. What I'm learning from them is about being true to myself, doing things for the benefict of society, being balanced in all my life aspects and keep getting knowledge from different sources.

Neptune Rising

I like that description of the school teachers!

With Pluto, as a teacher as I'm in his classroom right now, (and I had schoolgirl crush on one of my teachers at real school, many many years ago) he is the dark haired, dark eyes, smouldering looking teacher, perhaps looks a bit like Johnny Depp, and he would take you on a journey that makes you half hesitate, struck with an unexplainable fear, and half wanting to dive in! At least for me, as Pluto is a life long teacher at my MC 9th house side, trine Venus/Mercury, sextile North Node/Neptune, square Saturn.

With Saturn, you know he is a good teacher, he knows his stuff, but his lessons are tough. There is no ducking out in any way whatsoever. He will give you the minimum amount of break to get a cup of tea, then right back into the lesson, head first if necessary. No 'fast track' options either, its the full slog. But, you are guaranteed a job afterwards with full marks, if you pay attention to what he has to say, objectively. No tantrums with Saturn or Pluto, they will just look at you until you've finished banging the carpet, and say "shall we carry on now". :p

Again, lol, Saturn squaring my 2nd house Sun right now, (and progressed Moon conjuncting natal Saturn) ahh, I think I've been working too hard lately, I've come down with a cold. It is just work work work lately.

When's the next Jupiter transit... his lessons are much more fun, lighthearted, usually.

CapAquaPis

Time to analyze my teacher turned family friend relationship (our synastry) charts.

The planet Jupiter lies in my 3rd house in Virgo, which was her rising sign at time of her birth...while the planet was in her 8th in Pisces adjacent to her natal sun. She has a strong Gemini in the MC caused by the Moon, our true nodes in her start of and my end of Leo, and most of all of signficance is her rising virgo has Uranus (related to academics) and Pluto (someone she knows has problems in life), while mine Virgo has Mars (a male person in her life/in the family) and Saturn (older friend? a sense of inter-generational connection). My own Mercury conjunctions her natal Chiron (both youthful and elderly) with her Mercury and Saturn above my Sun and Moon in Aquarius...whether or not they are compatiable is a good question to be interpreted in astrological terms.

I want to add Mercury is the planetary ruler of Gemini and Virgo: her husband is a new moon and sun in Pisces right after the two celestial bodies left Aquarius (both in his 9th) with a well-rounded Gemini ascending is thought of possessing a more Virgo essence: he's a softer emotional man, but he has a home business constructing home furniture and is a masculine tall muscle appearance...a type of man an university/college-educated woman but compromising of his more conservative Catholic cultural upbringing will not clash with her secular Liberal beliefs she holds. They feel relating to their personalities holds the key to a successful marriage.

...(and Venus was in one end of Aquarius in her 6th house ruled by Virgo, going by the sidereal system, may explain everything).

Attachments

• astro_61gw_01_02_michael_heidi_68720_24991.jpg
    astro_61gw_01_02_michael_heidi_68720_24991.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

waybread

Yes, Carris-- absolutely! Saturn is my wisest teacher. But Mars teaches courage, Juipter teaches faith and optimism, Pluto teaches existentialism (!) and so on.

I've posted this many times, but (ahem!) Saturn teaches old-fashioned virtues like hard work, resourcefulness, patience, and integrity. Jupiter says, "Don't worry: the money will show up somehow." Saturn knows that you need to account for the moeny you have, because you can't count on "found money." Saturn does tend to reward his students later in life.

Last edited:

Carris

No tantrums with Saturn or Pluto, they will just look at you until you've finished banging the carpet, and say "shall we carry on now". :p

Haha that is so true - and excellently describes exactly what I went through. You can cry, scream, sulk and grumble all you want and it will just make things worse - with saturn it is best to "man up" and be stoic.

Waybread

Yes that is what I found after my unbearable indescribable saturn return - he teaches you the real values.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Haha that is so true - and excellently describes exactly what I went through. You can cry, scream, sulk and grumble all you want and it will just make things worse - with saturn it is best to "man up" and be stoic.

Yep, totally! :lol:

And with Uranus, while your crying, screaming, banging the carpet, he is already 20 miles ahead of you with the next task!

Judy_AzVirgo

Stubborn, difficult, problematic students who refuse to learn their lessons are sent to this scary, dark, disturbing "special classes" pluto teacher so that they finally get on the right track. Pluto transforms them; destroys, destructs, devastates their ignorance - even if he has to take somewhat extreme measures. Pluto makes sure that these "special" students emerge like the phoenix from his care and go on to achieve much."

Love this part!

Don't know about the Nodes .... teachers' aides, maybe? Guidance counselors?

Carris

Love this part!

Don't know about the Nodes .... teachers' aides, maybe? Guidance counselors?
Thanks Judy!

Yes they could be the guidance counsellors - since the nodes are supposed to show the house axis we are supposed to focus on for our karmic learning - so maybe they evaluate students and help set the syllabus for this incarnation?

Carris

Yep, totally! :lol:

And with Uranus, while your crying, screaming, banging the carpet, he is already 20 miles ahead of you with the next task!
I always think of uranus as Einstein or Nikola Tesla - the supercool, super rational, super logical, non-emotional, eccentric, brilliant genius - who looks confused when he sees you crying, screaming, banging the carpet and wonders why you are getting so emotional and upset.

He would display such awesome flashes of brilliance - which would just blow your mind - and you would be too awed to think clearly for a while - still trying to figure out what's what. I don't think uranus means to be harsh or upsetting - you are right when you say he is always way way ahead of us.

CapAquaPis

:sideways: Back on my last posts: To have an Uranus and Pluto conjunction (The Ascendant sign marks 24-26 deg. Virgo, which is me and my Mom's position of Saturn in our natal charts) in my teacher-turned-family friend's rising sign makes lots of sense. The calm but stern Virgo personality she holds in combination to opposite Jupiter-ruled Pisces, known to have psychic emotional pulls with friends to have them appear more understanding of people's inner feelings. Also the planet Neptune thought to rule Pisces orbits in between Uranus and orbit-shifting Pluto (in 1979-99, the farthest "dwarf" planet, now from 2000-20, in 8th place of the solar system). The two celestial bodies trines the Moon in her Gemini in the 9th house, close to mid-heaven in sunset of the time of her birth: trine the Sun in descending mode or the 6th house, indicates she's able to easily separate her professional, private family and personal lives.

Neptune Rising

Pluto teaches existentialism (!)

Very much so, as I am finding over the last year.

I think all the planets make you get up and stand on your own two feet, go within and find all your unique gifts, see these gifts, have faith in them (Jupiter), value your uniqueness (Uranus), have the correct structures in place to use them (Saturn)... Pluto I'm having difficulty thinking of what this one does now, perhaps he chemicalizes all of the above so we feel empowered enough to go forth and stand for who we are...

Last edited:

Carris

Very much so, as I am finding over the last year.

I think all the planets make you get up and stand on your own two feet, go within and find all your unique gifts, see these gifts, have faith in them (Jupiter), value your uniqueness (Uranus), have the correct structures in place to use them (Saturn)... Pluto I'm having difficulty thinking of what this one does now, perhaps he chemicalizes all of the above so we feel empowered enough to go forth and stand for who we are...
I think Pluto shows us the futility of the darker side of life, the dark side of human nature. How useless, destructive and pointless it is to manipulate, lie, cheat, kill, steal, play dirty politics, be a backstabber, organized crime, etc. He teaches the correct use of power, strength, resources and control.

Jeanne Avery writes in her book "Astrology and your past lives", "...the transformation of plutonian energy in a person's life takes place primarily with the letting go of games, revenge, manipulation, even in the most subtle forms. This requires constant monitoring of all actions." and "...the phrase 'let go and let god' can become a practical course of action in the transmutation process. With that letting go, manipulation gives a fierce desire to have only the things, people and situations that belong to one."

Last edited:

Carris

I found this to be very true about my saturn dasha:

"He is the great karmic taskmaster who rules with an iron grip....a Saturn dasha enormous spiritual growth is possible, not through the hope, faith and inspiration of Jupiter but through perseverance and self-effort.
Saturn teaches us to thrive in isolation rather than crave worldly distractions. He teaches us to get by with less and simplify our lives. And, he teaches us humility and sensitivity to others. When we master Saturn we master our material life. When we master Jupiter we master spiritual life. When we master both the planets we are finally Free." http://www.astrocounsel.us/articles/?p=45#more-45

"...The more we feel entitled to having our desires fulfilled, the more Saturn periods comes as a huge shock. This austere and somber planet is the antithesis of a lifestyle filled with glitz and excitement, which dominates the culture we live in the modern world....The only difference is that those with a well placed Saturn have a natural affinity to steadfastness and detachment. "
http://www.astrocounsel.us/articles/?p=61#more-61

"Get to know him and you will realize that he is one of the best teachers you will ever encounter because once you master Saturn you have mastered the limitations of earthly life, which brings the cessation of all suffering. Sure we can learn a lot from other planets but real maturity only comes once you have had Saturn as your teacher. "

Last edited:

retinoid

I look at planets as teachers in some respects...and if a planet is in fall or detriment they aren't very good (Mars in libra for example)...

Carris

I look at planets as teachers in some respects...and if a planet is in fall or detriment they aren't very good (Mars in libra for example)...
I don't really understand or agree with the concept of fall or detriment. All the 12 signs have their own wisdom and positive qualities - and we need ALL of these to be well adjusted well balanced human beings.

Mars (energy, action, dynamic, impulsive, aggressive) would just express all that energy in a more charming way of libra (balance, tact, diplomacy, charm) - it integrates and balances two different complementary qualities - I don't see why that is a bad thing or how it would make mars "weak". On the contrary, mars in a fiery sign of aries or leo would stoke the flames so high that they would become extreme - its like having hot steaming coffee on a sweltering summer day while sitting in the blazing sun.

waybread

I found this to be very true about my saturn dasha:

"He is the great karmic taskmaster who rules with an iron grip....a Saturn dasha enormous spiritual growth is possible, not through the hope, faith and inspiration of Jupiter but through perseverance and self-effort.
Saturn teaches us to thrive in isolation rather than crave worldly distractions. He teaches us to get by with less and simplify our lives. And, he teaches us humility and sensitivity to others. When we master Saturn we master our material life. When we master Jupiter we master spiritual life. When we master both the planets we are finally Free." http://www.astrocounsel.us/articles/?p=45#more-45

"...The more we feel entitled to having our desires fulfilled, the more Saturn periods comes as a huge shock. This austere and somber planet is the antithesis of a lifestyle filled with glitz and excitement, which dominates the culture we live in the modern world....The only difference is that those with a well placed Saturn have a natural affinity to steadfastness and detachment. "
http://www.astrocounsel.us/articles/?p=61#more-61

"Get to know him and you will realize that he is one of the best teachers you will ever encounter because once you master Saturn you have mastered the limitations of earthly life, which brings the cessation of all suffering. Sure we can learn a lot from other planets but real maturity only comes once you have had Saturn as your teacher. "

Nice, Carris. Except that nobody "masters" the planets. Possibly we could master some of their lessons, but they are ongoing.

For one thing, Saturn rules old age. This is not something I really thought about in my youth, but it comes with a lot of new lessons.

Neptune Rising

I think Pluto shows us the futility of the darker side of life, the dark side of human nature. How useless, destructive and pointless it is to manipulate, lie, cheat, kill, steal, play dirty politics, be a backstabber, organized crime, etc. He teaches the correct use of power, strength, resources and control.

Jeanne Avery writes in her book "Astrology and your past lives", "...the transformation of plutonian energy in a person's life takes place primarily with the letting go of games, revenge, manipulation, even in the most subtle forms. This requires constant monitoring of all actions." and "...the phrase 'let go and let god' can become a practical course of action in the transmutation process. With that letting go, manipulation gives a fierce desire to have only the things, people and situations that belong to one."

Yes, lovely saying this is. And so true. Exactly what I am finding during this Pluto transit I'm going through. I've lived both sides of Pluto, the manipulative side which I can be quite good at if I want to be, albeit unconsciously when I was younger, though my interaction with other manipulative people during my life has taught me, 'that type of behaviour ain't so nice'. I am finding now, especially, letting go is the only way to go. Pluto in this sense renews my faith in the Universe, the simple matter of TRUST.