How does a sesquiquadrate differ from a square?

Cascada

Does sesquiquadrate demolish opportunities, whereas with the square there are opportunities but the individual would have to work harder? For example, my Venus is sesquadrate my MC and I'd love to be an artist, but with the sesquiquadrate I get an impression that I'll be forever trying to reach a break through, but always getting disappointed. I hope this isn't true :sad:

gen6k

Does sesquiquadrate demolish opportunities, whereas with the square there are opportunities but the individual would have to work harder? For example, my Venus is sesquadrate my MC and I'd love to be an artist, but with the sesquiquadrate I get an impression that I'll be forever trying to reach a break through, but always getting disappointed. I hope this isn't true :sad:

the minor aspects seem to be another modality by themselves, but they are also halves of the major aspects.

some of them are very important adjuntion to major phenomena.

http://astrofix.net/2009/10/28/sesquiquadrates-wtf/

if you check out your transit markers here they utilize a major-minor tonality.

http://www.astrology.com/your-daily-forecast/

they are much less prone to coerce you in to a major event, but usually signify an inherent block or passage in the event.

well it could be read lots of ways, your venus could be out of concerto with your MC. or your aesthetic might be undermining. something of that sort, but there are a lot of channels.

even a T-square pattern is breakable or tamable.

i do agree with both of those statements.

Last edited:

Cascada

I'm not sure what you mean by
"your venus could be out of concerto with your MC. or your aesthetic might be undermining. something of that sort, but there are a lot of channels. i do agree with both of those statements."

Are you confirming what I said about the sesquiquadrate, or is it possible to do something associated with Venus/MC but it will be more difficult?

I read this on the aspect: "Put some work into learning manners, tact, and style. Study some fashion magazines. It will help to advance your career. Make an extra effort and you can use your creative talents professionally." But it is all I could find.

Last edited:

gen6k

Well some contact is good and its not as hard as a square, but it could be more psychcologically subtle.

the MC in situations of your own measurnment, not other MCs, will be off with your venus aesthetic. So in turn, your "packaging" or "reputation" would be somewhat distorted in concern with your own MC which has implications of other MC patterns and what is called for in the situation. Yet from an exterior perspective it doesnt exactly designate the final end, more of part of the process.

plus it depends on how it weighs in down the chain of connections. for example timidity, but then a fire square somewhere in the chart can come in handy.

Cascada

Well some contact is good and its not as hard as a square, but it could be more psychcologically subtle.

the MC in situations of your own measurnment, not other MCs, will be off with your venus aesthetic. So in turn, your "packaging" or "reputation" would be somewhat distorted in concern with your own MC which has implications of other MC patterns and what is called for in the situation. Yet from an exterior perspective it doesnt exactly designate the final end, more of part of the process.

plus it depends on how it weighs in down the chain of connections. for example timidity, but then a fire square somewhere in the chart can come in handy.

Hmm. Even if the MC is in Taurus, and Venus is in the 2nd, and other aspects/placements suggest artistic talents or anything along them lines- could this still mean Venus is "off" with the MC?

gen6k

Hmm. Even if the MC is in Taurus, and Venus is in the 2nd, and other aspects/placements suggest artistic talents or anything along them lines- could this still mean Venus is "off" with the MC?

well i saw your other post and it was a good write up where you included a bunch of connections in your chart. yeah it would mean that there is some mobius strip action there.

just make sure you present yourself with your venus in art modulated with neptune.

Cascada

Also, in conclusion, are opportunities to be an artist still demolished because of the sesquiquadrate even considering the other hints?

gen6k

Also, in conclusion, are opportunities to be an artist still demolished because of the sesquiquadrate even considering the other hints?

well from my experience the sesquiduadrate is psychological potent, but not a big confounding factor in situations.

test this in the real world. like if you go for an interview, the interviewer is going to look at your MC spectrum if you even mention it or if they see it, if youre interested in the job and developed then your MC will be visible, what you can potentially open. for example an aries MC would be more pioneering, but a taurus MC would be more enterprising. they also look at your home persona though, they want to know how you are outside of the job.

i think opportunities available are associated with 10th house cusp, but also 11th house or any of the social sector. its about well roundedness.

i am glad that you are asking about it because it is confusing knowledge.

what else is associated with your MC, what is a major focal point, and what is the reception between the part of spirit and MC? or MC and sun?

look at obamas chart he has a jupiter diamond point in the 12th house in aquarius.

and it connects more with his 8th and 9th. yet the reception with neptune in scorpio in the 9th and MC in scorpio is important. if he didnt have that reception it would of been much harder to penetrate the situation. for example if his MC landed in capricorn.

Last edited:

Cascada

well from my experience the sesquiduadrate is psychological potent, but not a big confounding factor in situations.

test this in the real world. like if you go for an interview, the interviewer is going to look at your MC spectrum if you even mention it or if they see it, if youre interested in the job and developed then your MC will be visible, what you can potentially open. for example an aries MC would be more pioneering, but a taurus MC would be more enterprising. they also look at your home persona though, they want to know how you are outside of the job.

i think opportunities available are associated with 10th house cusp, but also 11th house or any of the social sector. its about well roundedness.

i am glad that you are asking about it because it is confusing knowledge.

what else is associated with your MC, what is a major focal point, and what is the reception between the part of spirit and MC? or MC and sun?

look at obamas chart he has a jupiter diamond point in the 12th house in aquarius.

and it connects more with his 8th and 9th. yet the reception with neptune in scorpio in the 9th and MC in scorpio is important. if he didnt have that reception it would of been much harder to penetrate the situation. for example if his MC landed in capricorn.

Well, aspects to the MC include: Neptune trine MC from the 5th house, also Uranus which is exactly conjunct Neptune in 5th. Chiron is trine MC but I'm guessing that isn't so major? And two tense aspects: Mars and Mercury conjunct in the 4th, opposes the MC. 10th is an empty house, all of the planets are at the bottom of my chart. I'm not sure of aspects between the Part of Spirit and the MC. The Part of Spirit is in Leo, 2 degrees, in the 1st house, and MC is 10 degrees in Taurus if that helps. Perhaps a sextile there? I'm not sure, that's just a guess lol. The Sun is conjunct to Jupiter in the 3rd house, both squared to Neptune/Uranus which I know could prove to be a major obstacle *sighs*. Sun is sextile ASC, and trined to Saturn. Jupiter is also trined to Saturn.

gen6k

Well, aspects to the MC include: Neptune trine MC from the 5th house, also Uranus which is exactly conjunct Neptune in 5th. Chiron is trine MC but I'm guessing that isn't so major? And two tense aspects: Mars and Mercury conjunct in the 4th, opposes the MC. 10th is an empty house, all of the planets are at the bottom of my chart. I'm not sure of aspects between the Part of Spirit and the MC. The Part of Spirit is in Leo, 2 degrees, in the 1st house, and MC is 10 degrees in Taurus if that helps. Perhaps a sextile there? I'm not sure, that's just a guess lol. The Sun is conjunct to Jupiter in the 3rd house, both squared to Neptune/Uranus which I know could prove to be a major obstacle *sighs*. Sun is sextile ASC, and trined to Saturn. Jupiter is also trined to Saturn.

the chiron to MC would include a thematic potency point. basically a loss and then a concentrated gain.

the part of spirit is a loose 7.*/8 degree square to MC, it would be a (self-hood) versus (institutional society) thing.

well the part of spirit is the solar part associated with ascendant/sun/moon and part of fortune is the lunar dominance part. so part of spirit is more related to exterior sucess and part of fortune is related to more intangibilities.

of course the 8 degree orb is low power.

neptune trine to MC is very good for arts..

jupiter in the 3rd conjunt sun is favorable for you because the opposite house is other peoples publications, so you have the essence of it in the 3rd.

Last edited:

gen6k

yeah theres definetly some chances in your time-line.

your best period will be in 2032. well around 2030-2032.

you have some artistic development 2013-2015. the jupiter sections its important to stay focused.

youre part of spirit releasing is entered a virgo subperiod on july 7th.

you made some developments under leo- aquarius in 2011

you'll have a virgo-libra subperiod in 2014 where your venus will be accented.

but its all about staying on the flow and the flow lining up for you with zodiacal releasing you'll have libra (sun), scorpio, sagittarius, capricorn in 2017

if you dont catch it then you'll get recognition in post 2030 with jupiter dasha and libra major period releasing.

Cascada

Seems like a long time to wait :( in that case, I'll definitely stay in college, just in case I don't get anywhere/need a secure job before then. Thanks for your help :)

gen6k

Seems like a long time to wait :( in that case, I'll definitely stay in college, just in case I don't get anywhere/need a secure job before then. Thanks for your help :)

hey its a complicated subject i was more going after the lines of informing you that it is possible to look closer.

when it comes to zodiacal realeasing and fame you don't have to be in your Sun's major period, but it does have to be in a period associated with a critical point.

mentally or stably physically you do not need to be in an easy dasha like jupiter to ge recognition it depends on the reception of the inherent planets/signs involved.

in 2001 from releasing of the spirit in scorpio

lady gaga entered a sagittarius major period

now sagittarius is not really a dominant sign, but she does have a stellium there in the 6th.

it is also associated with her jupiter point near the MC and mars her suns ruler is in sagittarius.

in 2007 she must of gotten some kind of break during the Aries l2 subperiod.

then in 2009 she reached a high point with a gemini sub period. which was good for her ascendant.

now its a different ball game starting on november 11 2012, shes entering a capricorn sub period

that is one of the dominant signs along with the pisces sub period. her style will change and manner of address will change and the jupiter is activated again.

she was actually under a saturn north node dasha in 2010 untill january this year so she started writing all these songs about decay and obstruction. so shes not even under a favorable dasha in general, but it worked out for her cause saturn makes you work after jupiter.

so in your chart, the fixation starts traveling through a particular quadrant with planets in it and it matters on how you handle these energies. it will increase though if that is what you are asking generally.

Poupoupidou

Does sesquiquadrate demolish opportunities, whereas with the square there are opportunities but the individual would have to work harder?

A sesquiquadrate doesn't demolish opportunities, it is not that intense. But, if there are opportunities, sesquiquadrates can slowly unravel them and make them unusable. If you don't have anything compensating for your sesquiquadrates, then you need to keep an eye on the impact they are having in your life.

Square generates an excess of energy which has to be evacuated somehow, otherwise, the tension builds up until there is an explosion. A sesquiquadrate is more like energies slowly going out of balance.