Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Gemini888

drowning in guilt sounds a bit more like Neptune.
the first time Saturn was conjunct my midheaven I failed, massively.
Like I said getting old.
But then again I can't promise you did whatever it was Saturn was preaching when it squared your midheaven a few years ago...
Have you experienced Saturn return? I have Neptune conj MC, so Saturn coming over also means a conjunction to Neptune as well. And I'm still waiting for Saturn return.

I knew what u were describing had something to do with Neptune -:). I've know 2 people with Neptune conjunct midheaven, one of those people was a film director, the other was a drug dealer. I'm not making this up.

As far as a Saturn return, I've been through 2.

I was thinking about this whole thing of Saturn rules Aquarius. I'm not feelin it. I will say that generational realities are in play within astrology. I have noticed that people born prior to the discovery of Pluto, and for a few years after it's discovery, have a harder time transforming their lives than people born later. So I do believe that Astrology evolves.

Now when they, the astronomers, downgraded Pluto I don't think that mattered. I still see Pluto transits overcoming people all the time. It wasn't long before that, that the whole Asteroid Goddesses came into play in popular astrology. I've never seen anyone go through radical changes because Pallas Athene was conjunct their sun. So things evolve and get expanded. So why did Pluto not being a Planet have little effect?

But Saturn ruling Aquarius, I don't know. I'm still waiting for the Myth to support that. I would like to see some link to mass consciousness. Maybe I'm missing something?

david starling

I knew what u were describing had something to do with Neptune -:). I've know 2 people with Neptune conjunct midheaven, one of those people was a film director, the other was a drug dealer. I'm not making this up.

As far as a Saturn return, I've been through 2.

I was thinking about this whole thing of Saturn rules Aquarius. I'm not feelin it. I will say that generational realities are in play within astrology. I have noticed that people born prior to the discovery of Pluto, and for a few years after it's discovery, have a harder time transforming their lives than people born later. So I do believe that Astrology evolves.

Now when they, the astronomers, downgraded Pluto I don't think that mattered. I still see Pluto transits overcoming people all the time. It wasn't long before that, that the whole Asteroid Goddesses came into play in popular astrology. I've never seen anyone go through radical changes because Pallas Athene was conjunct their sun. So things evolve and get expanded. So why did Pluto not being a Planet have little effect?

But Saturn ruling Aquarius, I don't know. I'm still waiting for the Myth to support that. I would like to see some link to mass consciousness. Maybe I'm missing something?

The 7/12 pattern runs out of ruling Planets at Saturn. Then it stops, adds the Sign after Capricorn as a Domicle of Saturn, reverses, and by necessity, goes back the other way: Pisces for Jupiter, Aries For Mars, Taurus For Venus, Gemini For Mercury. Quite coincidental that the others make sense, which lends second-hand credibility to the only one that really doesn't [IMO]--Saturn being any kind of ruling Planet regarding Aquarius.
For some reason, it works well for Horary, but is unconvincing for Natal. [IMO]

Last edited:

jac

I'd like to weigh in here, but being an Aq with Sat in Cap in my 1st house, my objectivity might be tainted.

Oh, hell, you've been warned. :wink:

Personally, I run with ideas when the ol' lightning strikes, but the governor is always there watching. If it's a GOOD idea (whatever strikes me), Saturn hangs back.

Make sense?

Last edited:

david starling

I'd like to weigh in here, but being an Aq with Sat in Cap in my 1st house, my objectivity might be tainted.

Oh, hell, you've been warned. :wink:

Personally, I run with ideas when the ol' lightning strikes, but the governor as there watching over. If it's a GOOD idea (whatever strikes me), Saturn hangs back.

Make sense?

Where's your Merc?

CapAquaPis

I believe my sign is ruled by both planets: Saturn is of wisdom and Uranus is of radicalism, both can represent science...all are parts of an Aquarian personality.

jac

Earth.

So, you don't think much of merc in cap...?

Lately I don't assume anyone isn't being sarcastic.

Last edited:

david starling

Earth.

So, you don't think much of merc in cap...?

Lately I don't assume anyone isn't being sarcastic.

I almost always use a smilie if I'm being ironic. Like, :whistling: or :wink:.
But, in this case, I'm not. I'm saying I consider Mercury to be the Exalted-ruler of Capricorn. That makes it very strong when in Capricorn, but it's primarily on its own, doing pretty much what it wants.
Mercury in Scorpio, on the other hand, is in a Service placement, and I refer that as a "Benefactor".
By the same pattern, Sun in Cap is a Benefactor.

YonyGursho

Mercury is most comfortable when wielded by planetary energies that are close to air or airy in nature.

So merc in cap is overall a good placement for merc.

CapAquaPis

In the Thema Mundi, Saturn is the ruler of Aquarius and the degree of saturn is 26' Aquarius (my natal sun) - February 14-15-16 (actually, born on the 15th).

Aries: Mars (14-15').
Taurus: Venus (14-15').
Gemini: Mercury (9-10').
Cancer: Moon (4-5').
Leo: Sun (0-1').
Virgo: Mercury (4-5')
Libra: Venus (9-10').
Scorpio: Mars (9-10').
Sagittarius: Jupiter (14-15').
Capricorn: Saturn (19-20').
Aquarius: Saturn (24-25').
Pisces: Jupiter (19-20').

Modern rulers or co-rulers if you go by traditional: Pluto for Scorpio, Neptune for Pisces, Uranus for Aquarius; and proposals to designate new co-rulers for Cruithne for Libra, Chiron for Virgo, True Node for Leo, Ceres for Cancer, Eris for Gemini, Sedna for Taurus and Lilith for Aries.

MDH

I'd love to know how this all ends too, because I've been trying to figure out the story of my nodes for a long time. On top of the frustration of having the node signs in the houses of their opposite signs and the lack of distinguishing houses from signs in most astrological literature, I'm also stuck wondering how someone doing things in a by the book could possibly manifest in an aquarian outcome, since aquarian energy is literally defined by doing with innovation instead of deferring to established and certain methods. My Saturn in Capricorn ruler makes absolutely no sense in terms of how it is described and in terms of how it supposedly rules my Aquarian north node.

The definitions of Aquarius itself leaves so much to be confused by. People talking about "being in balance with society and the group", but humanitarians were always at odds with the beliefs of society and the group and trusted their own ideas and beliefs instead of submitting to those of society, which is what made them humanitarians.

If this isn't solved and there isn't consensus among astrologers, as far as I am concerned, all the writing about anything related to Aquarius house cusps or nodal points is completely worthless.