The Hero's journey - experiences?

Neptune Rising

Have you encountered the hero's journey at some point? Which transits and progressions do you feel coincided and initiated you into the journey? Did you answer the call to start with, or refuse it?

A link here explains it in detail.

For me, I had the call the first time during my Saturn return, 2003. I met a chap when I was in the jacuzzi, just randomly, who introduced me to a couple of yoga teacher training courses, which I took about a year later. I had already been practicing for 12 years at that point and thought it would be interesting to follow through with his suggestions. Though I didnt want to be a yoga teacher then, it maybe was in my unconscious, but I took it mainly for the personal experience. Then, the office I was working in wanted me to hold yoga classes when I returned from the course. I refused as I was just too shy. So I spent another 6 years in frustration, working in offices, practicing yoga still as my hobby.

I finally answered the call and followed through with it in 2010, when Saturn reached my natal Pluto, plus other progressions and eclipses triggering. A friend of a friend was passing by the cafe where I was sitting with friends, and asked me to cover her yoga class. Saturn had also reached my MC. Progressed Moon changed signs to Cancer and trined my natal 10th house Uranus. All this was triggering my career issues, my real vocation. Incidentally, I was made redundant from an office job about 10 months prior to being asked to cover my first yoga class, and couldn't get any more office type of work.

I am not sure which stage I am in the journey, I think I've traversed the crossing of the threshold, I've met my mentors last year as well as this year, plus other mentors, as well as when I first took the teacher course. But not sure if I've been swallowed by the belly of the whale, perhaps I have as don't even look back to my old way of living, but I certainly don't know where I'm going and it feels very much like an abyss. It feels to me like a Pluto transit, but I'm also going through Pluto parallel Venus/Mercury as well as square Pluto. I know I'm going through the various tests and trials, and its incredibly hard, but no option but to carry on. I do enjoy the teaching incredibly, I'm learning so much about myself, the students, the practice, how it can heal and how to work with various ailments. It is also very lonely at times, working for myself and organizing all the facets of a business, but that's a part of the journey. It may also be an effect of tr Saturn square to my Sun right now - discipline.

I've even faced my own physical imbalances, and thought about giving up the teaching altogether. I had one after the other of structural issues, joint problems, muscle injuries, but I managed to heal most of them through the yoga and other exercise practice and with the help of my two mentors, and the other part is in the process of healing. And this knowledge is helping me greatly help others in the classes.

I just love my mentors, I met two different people who initiated me into the new teacher training style of exercise that I'm starting in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I'd love to hear other stories

Last edited:

Munch

Thanks for sharing Neptune! It's interesting how the Saturn Return can give people the kick in the rear that they need to get moving.

I look forward to hearing more stories.

Inline

Have you encountered the hero's journey at some point? Which transits and progressions do you feel coincided and initiated you into the journey? Did you answer the call to start with, or refuse it?

My hero's journey began when transiting Saturn conjuncted my MC. And Tr Pluto squared my natal Sun & Moon while conjuncting their midpoint. I decided to get pregnant, again.

I'd had a very, very difficult delivery 3 years earlier, and my son later died. So i was terrified when i arrived at the gynecologists' office. I summed up my courage and asked, 'I'll be mid-cycle next week and i plan to try to get pregnant then, could you please help me?' But my doctor said, 'You will have to wait for 1 month before trying because if you don't wait, you could have difficulites with this pregnancy this time too.'

I was so shocked and confused! I'd been studing the astrology for months in preperation for another baby and I was sure the timing was right? I didn't want to wait and lose my nerve..... So against my doctor's advice, i followed my instinct and summed up my courage and tried to get pregnant anyways - and got pregnant immediately.

My daughter was born healthy and the delivery went well, and she was born safely. To take the risk and get pregnant again was the scariest decision i've ever made, and the best decision i've ever made!

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Sorry for delay in replying, I took a couple of weeks full time cover office work, and also studying this pilates teacher training course, plus teaching yoga..

Thanks Munch! Yes Saturn can be a fab planet, I think I learned that the usual, hard way, but I don't fear Saturn transits now.

Wow Inline! That just shows the power of trusting your instinct, no matter how strong opinions around you are expressed. You know yourself the best. That's quite a journey and very empowering and I'm pleased your baby was born safely in the end! :) It just goes to show, when you follow your heart, your instinct, you'll be in tune with Universal energies "going with the flow" and things will just happen as they are meant to.