Chiron on the ascendant

MoonSun

[Moved thread from Traditional Astrology board because Chiron is used in modern astrology only. - Moderator]

Last edited:

AppLeo

Chiron on the ASC is a harsh placement.

My sister has Chiron on her ascendant. She's constantly (or FEELS) being put down when she isn't really.

Often times, we'll go out to dinner and my sister will be put in this positions where she feels like we're putting her down when we're not. She feels like that with her friends as well.

Chiron on the Ascendant just gives people a really low self-esteem and they'll never really feel good about themselves. It's like they always attract negative feelings about themselves. At least thats how I see it.

Somna7H

Banned
Correct.
Everybody try to put me down doesn't matter if he/she came from family or relatives,co-workers,public on the road, each and every person in the world. :sad:
I hate this.
My Chiron(in 12th) Conjunct with my Asc.
http://imgur.com/Tgw6POI

My sister has Chiron on her ascendant. She's constantly (or FEELS) being put down when she isn't really.

Often times, we'll go out to dinner and my sister will be put in this positions where she feels like we're putting her down when we're not. She feels like that with her friends as well.

Chiron on the Ascendant just gives people a really low self-esteem and they'll never really feel good about themselves. It's like they always attract negative feelings about themselves. At least thats how I see it.

Abby83

I’ll agree with the low self esteem. I know two ppl with this placement and they’re quite insecure.

waybread

Chiron shows us "where it hurts." With Chiron on the ascendant, people can feel a lot of self-doubt and low self esteem.

However, Chiron can be worked on. If people stay open to those hurts, Chiron also shows where they can gain in wisdom and compassion. Since the first house shows how we come across to other people, it's good to come across to others as wise and compassionate.

A good way to do this is just to put one's focus on the other person in an interaction.

Fomalhaut

Premium Member

Chiron can be several things:
- The place where we hurt or feel inadequate
- The thing that makes us feel like a misfit. Chiron was also called the Maverick. He is less dependent on social strings.
- Chiron is the healer. Lots of therapists have Chiron proeminent. Also many a charts of accidents or injuries present a proeminent Chiron: it represents in this case the hurt, but also the intervention of the medic in that context. On a Chiron transit we often do not encounter, as expected, a hurting, but the healer.
Chiron could cause an insecurity feeling in the house it is, so at the Asc it could be about a more insecure personality, but that is only one possible meaning. Some others would be medical intervention to heal a perceived physical imperfection (physical interpretation of Asc as body presentation and face primarily) or assuming the role of the healer. This last one is very frequent.
Even if a vague inadequacy or insecurity remains in adult age, the question to be answered is: is that so bad? Some of the most desagreable people we all know are extremely self assured. A less inflated ego is a very nice thing for all social purposes and a tinge of vulnerability can go a long way.
If the person feels put down when it is really not the case, then experience and trust are the medicine. With some honest explanation, to built that trust.

I have chiron conjunct the ascendent.
Not sure how I feel about it.
I don’t think I’m insecure, but can be shy at times.
Most people I meet feel I help heal them in some way.
Like a natural healer

Definitely got something in me that is always helping people deal with deep emotional wounds.
Mainly through my communication and deep understanding of things.
And also the maybe the ability to take action to talk about things.
Chiron is in Gemini (retrograde)
However, I do get sad at times.
With the feeling that I can’t always get same back.
And have definitely been wounded by some I choose to help.

(Mainly just verbal)
But its weird, some of the closest people to me that I have helped in the past, that is how I’ve known to help them.
When communication wasn’t right. Kinda gave me a window into their emotions.
That’s how I knew to help.

Last edited:

blacksun?

Chiron is he place where the abstract becomes the present moment, where will becomes law, and humans are just automatons in this process. Chiron shows us where the automatisms divert from the true vision of what we are and most human automatisms are implicitly hurtful and crude, blind will to power. Chiron teaches us to see finesse from badly orchestrated noise, wherever it is placed, it is like a bottleneck, a threshold, and wherever this "key" is placed, control needs to be learned. Then vast powers can be unleashed, because any sensitivity is a seed of a talent or something higher, better and stronger even.

It wholly depends on the rest of the chart as always whether or not the native has a good chance of harnessing this threshold to become a pressurizing machine of truth which ultimately is the only true power.

Thirdteenth

Hello! Hi :) I meet someone who had this asteroid on their ascendant. From just the initial sight of them, I could just tell that they were uncomfortable just existing to be upfront. However, they were still able to function and do the day to day requirements that life asked for them to do but if you did not know them then you would still sort of get that “I am uncomfortable” sort of vibe from them. That is how I perceived it. I remember when I had started to get to know this person just little more, one of the first things they shared had been how they would get bullied about how they looked. I’m not going to go into detail but it was clear that it was something that they felt really hurt about but they did not allow for it to really get in the way of what it is that they wanted to do for themselves. They had Mars in the first house, in the sign of Sagittarius conjunction to the ascendant so I feel that could have helped stir them forward despite what it is that they could be holding onto.

From what I read about Chiron, he is the healer but a healer that cannot heal his own wounds when he got shot down by one of Hercules poisonous arrows. I can assume how it would manifest on the ascendant as someone who could have problem when it comes to their initial impressions onto others, public image, body, face, and so on but they could still manage to help those who could be going through a similar dilemma, despite their own inner suffering. I wonder if this could make for a physical disability..Just like that girl I mentioned above in regards to the bullying, that could be her poisonous arrows. That is all I got for the Chiron on the ascendant :lol:

Bunraku

Chiron is uniqueness and individuality, based on charts that were researched by Martha Lang-Wescott, who researched numerous asteroids in a systematic manner. The wounded healer is something an astrologer made up and ran with, with no study or rigor.

Though I guess it’s vague enough for people to run with.

conspiracy theorist

Chiron is uniqueness and individuality, based on charts that were researched by Martha Lang-Wescott, who researched numerous asteroids in a systematic manner. The wounded healer is something an astrologer made up and ran with, with no study or rigor.

Though I guess it’s vague enough for people to run with.

Where can one find this research?

Thirdteenth

Mhm! Easy peasy lemon squeezy :joyful:

The woman has a website where she has brief descriptions of all those Greek named asteroids she did research on. Thanks for sharing her. Had no idea she did such research (I’m curious to how she came to the conclusion that Chiron meant ). I haven’t reached the status of studying asteroids but I know of Chiron because of the Greek myths. The actual name Chiron is meant to be spelt Kheiron and it means to be “skilled with hands”. He had been taught by the deity Apollo and Artemis on the areas of music, art, medicine (that can be where the wounded healer comes into forefront because he had knowledge of medicine but when it came to healing himself after being shot, he was having some problems and died then became a constellation that people claiming to belong to Sagittarius), hunting, gymnastics and the art of prophecy. If this be the case then shouldn’t Chiron just mean the ability to become masterful and a teacher of the skills to new found pupils in the area (house) that Chiron is placed in?

Bunraku

Mhm! Easy peasy lemon squeezy :joyful:

The woman has a website where she has brief descriptions of all those Greek named asteroids she did research on. Thanks for sharing her. Had no idea she did such research (I’m curious to how she came to the conclusion that Chiron meant ). I haven’t reached the status of studying asteroids but I know of Chiron because of the Greek myths. The actual name Chiron is meant to be spelt Kheiron and it means to be “skilled with hands”. He had been taught by the deity Apollo and Artemis on the areas of music, art, medicine (that can be where the wounded healer comes into forefront because he had knowledge of medicine but when it came to healing himself after being shot, he was having some problems and died then became a constellation that people claiming to belong to Sagittarius), hunting, gymnastics and the art of prophecy. If this be the case then shouldn’t Chiron just mean the ability to become masterful and a teacher of the skills to new found pupils in the area (house) that Chiron is placed in?
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/07/how-to-get-an-asteroid-named-after-you/532353/

What astrological meaning can you derive from the asteroid named in the article? :joyful:

Thirdteenth

How? Did she even get a chance to send her name through the loophole to get even considered for an asteroid?!

Also this! ”Asteroids can’t be named for pets, but there’s at least one named for a cat, allowed perhaps because the cat itself was named for a Star Trek character. In 1985, an astronomer received approval to name his asteroid Mr. Spock, after the cat that had kept him company during long hours at work.”

Bunraku

How? Did she even get a chance to send her name through the loophole to get even considered for an asteroid?!

Also this! ”Asteroids can’t be named for pets, but there’s at least one named for a cat, allowed perhaps because the cat itself was named for a Star Trek character. In 1985, an astronomer received approval to name his asteroid Mr. Spock, after the cat that had kept him company during long hours at work.”
I’m telling you these asteroid names don’t mean a thing! :lol: