P.T. Barnum: The Greatest Showman

aquarius7000

Hi,

I saw the movie: The Greatest Showman (on the life of P. T. Barnum) yesterday. Very entertaining, but I kept thinking that this unique personality, with such an, almost bizarre interest in the macabre or presenting it to the public, of course mostly to make money off of it, must have an equally unique and bizarre 10th house, as well as perhaps a strong first house - given his distinguished personality.

Astro.com shows his birth time as unknown, so I was wondering if any of you out there either have his birth time from some source, or would be willing to look at his chart and try to deduce it along with me.

I am attaching his chart from astro.com .

One can straightaway see that he has some strong Leo influence, which obviously aided his urge to be the greatest showman and also to achieve a certain status/ fame in life. He was also amazingly optimistic about being able to make a mark for himself, despite people having destroyed him so many times.

Attachments

• astro_2atw_p_t_barnum.50547.7744.jpg
    astro_2atw_p_t_barnum.50547.7744.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 22

Ukpoohbear

Heres my beginner thoughts

His Pluto is probably in the 12th house. Ive started to notice Pluto in 12th people as having a remarkable life (Donald Trump has this). PT Barnums Pluto is trine Sun which will add to the showmanship and destiny part. Sextile Jupiter in the 2nd showing his wealth is related to this but with Jupiter squaring moon showing his wealth being up and down due to events and emotions maybe, Mercury square Pluto again showing this theme. With Sun conjunct Mars it shows his destiny is to overcome ego issues which causes him problems.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Interesting observations.

I am thinking his 10th house could be in Sco. with Uranus in there. Sco's ruler Mars is conjunct the Sun, which would tie in well with the showman aspect. Also, that would put his 7th house in the sign of Leo, and his wife came form a family that was higher in status and also quite arrogant. This would also put Venus in the 7th house, and he did have a beautiful, and very loving and understanding wife. That way he has an Aquarian Asc.

I think I am going to re set the chart and then let us have a look at it.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Thank you for digging that information out.

That time of 8:30 am gives him a Leo Asc. When I first saw his pictures on Wiki and others sites, given his curly hair and his theatrical self, I did take him to be a Leo Asc. However, I didn't think that he could have the Sun in the 12th, so turned it around in one of the earlier posts. But Leo Asc. might be correct. I will come back tomorrow with the new chart with that time of birth.

aquarius7000

Hi again,

Attaching PT's birth chart with 8:30 am birth time. Even if that time is a bit rounded-off, his Asc. will still remain in Leo.

The North Node in his 2nd house of personal finances shows that earning money will often see ups and downs. His strong 2nd house ruler, Mercury in Gem, shows that he will make money though, but will keep reinvesting it into his business, which will be connected to something creative Gem Mercury in 10th sextile Moon in Leo, so creativity (Gem Merc-Moon) that is connected to showmanship (Leo).

Astrodatabank has 8:30 am in the source notes.

Astrotheme uses that time: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/P._T._Barnum

Attachments

• pt_barnum.52654.13652.jpg
    pt_barnum.52654.13652.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 24

aquarius7000

Hi,

Trying to glean all the aspects that might be telling of his fascination with the macabre and the different.

He has his Sun close to a debilitated Mars (people somehow scarred/mutilated) in the 11th (people out there), then Sun-Uranus (not scared himself to bring forth the out-of-the-ordinary). He also has his Mercury in aspect to Pluto (talking about the hidden/ those living in shadows and darkness). Jupiter in the 10th also rules his 8th house (everything/one hidden and wasted) as well as the 5th house (hobbies and what he likes-showmanship).