Is it possible to read people's sexuality from a natal chart ?

wcw

Hi I just read that astrologers are able to read someone's sexuality from a natal chart ?

I'm curious about this because I haven't figured it out yet and been thinking about it

Attached you'll find my chart wheel and my natal chart

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• My natal chart wheel.jpg
    My natal chart wheel.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 50
  • My natal chart.jpg
    My natal chart.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 33

waybread

I think you can get some general outlines, but I don't know of any astrological signature that is true 100% of the time.

Also, ideas about sexuality are embedded in the individual's culture and time in history. For example, homosexuality was normed in ancient Greece and has mostly become so today in western countries. But in between, due to state-sanctioned homophobia, homosexuality was punishable by death in many places.

Anthropologists have many examples from different cultures around the world with their own take on how sexuality is understood and practiced.

50 years ago or so, Uranus square Mars in a man's chart was seen as an indicator of homosexuality. Then it was pointed out that some straight men also had this placement and some gay men did not have it. Today I would probably read Uranus square Mars as indicating sexuality (Mars) that is seen as different or unusual (Uranus)-- but within the context of the man's society.

I do see an aspect link between Venus, Mars, and Jupiter in a birth chart as indicating a proclivity for multiple sex partners. Whether this would mean a Jeffrey Epstein or just someone who likes playing the field, would have to be learned from other factors. Then again, the Jupiter-Venus-Mars connection doesn't apply 100% of the time.

Basically in a free-to-be-you-and-me world, you're free to figure out on your own terms what seems right for you, so long as it's legal and doesn't deliberately damage anyone.

Cary2

Banned
One of my astrology teachers, Bruce Hammerslough, was a gay astrologer. He launched an investigation that was well constructed that consisted of a questionnaire that might lead to the signature of gayness. I was surprised that he first suspected that Jupiter/Mars aspects were central to this, and I disagreed with him. In the end, he had to admit that he found no reliable astrological signature.

I think that either Uranus or Neptune with either Venus or Mars are common in gay folks, but they are not very reliable because many with those signatures are not gay, so they fail to work consistently.

Bunraku

There’s a biological component to it. If an algorithm can detect a persons sexuality with 91% accuracy through a photo, then its obvious there are markers for it. The program is undergoing testing at the moment.

Maybe this is where astrology done by human hands fall short because software can process data much quicker and one can identify patterns faster this way.

wilsontc

Staff member
Moderator note: This subject is often the source of controversy and anger in discussions. To help lessen the likelihood of this thread going out of control and forcing strong moderation, please be especially careful to follow the Forum rules for behavior in all postings on this thread:
Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

IleneK

Premium Member
There’s a biological component to it. If an algorithm can detect a persons sexuality with 91% accuracy through a photo, then its obvious there are markers for it. The program is undergoing testing at the moment.

Maybe this is where astrology done by human hands fall short because software can process data much quicker and one can identify patterns faster this way.

Not sure what you mean by sexuality. It is such a general term.

There may be an algorithm to determine male and female gender, but I know of no algorithm to detect bi, homo, trans, etc.

Do you?

obsidianmineral

I believe you can't pinpoint it exactly. Astrology isn't the only influence - genetics, environment also play a role, and I believe I read that sexuality is determined by both genetics and environment. So, if anything, astrology is only gonna go as far as show the second-order, indirect implications of having an unconventional sexual orientation, like awkward situations regarding relationships at best, or outright conflict, at worst. I don't think that there either is a formula for sexual orientation nor think that it is relevant - what does exist is the psychological implications of such.

blacksun?

With Pluto-Chiron on the Descendant, and with so many planets on the North Node, it looks like you are here to be transformed. Sexuality is one of the most powerful means of transforming. So, I would advise you to not draw any fixed conclusions the coming... well, decades.

Try to make up your mind when you're approaching 50. Take whats before that as a great exploration.

Be very sure to learn from reactions you get on the way.