TOUGH Neptune transit

Msariel

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Neptune conjunct natal Sun (and in the 5th house)... It's been one hell of a ride, and Neptune will conj exactly in March again. I've been through an awful break up with someone who I realised was not what I thought he was, but I can't seem to get him out of my head despite everything that's happened. So any experience with how Neptune hovering around one's Sun works? Is it worse with the 1st retro and then it gets easier, or does it get worse? I'd really love to let it all go and I'm hoping this new direct turn will make it easier this time... Any insight welcome :)

Hydra

No experience with Neptune:Sun, though am experiencing neptune opp saturn, which sounds similar! Are there aspects between the sun and neptune in your natal chart?

I have found that neptune, as it is transiting my 2nd house, is dissolving all that I had that made me feel secure in a material and emotional sense. I am now seeing how much of my material and emotional security was far less stable than I thought. Perhaps with Neptune transiting your 5th, it is revealing to you that what drives your attraction and desire is built on something illusory or slight in some way? Neptune seems to be both the creator and destroyer of our illusions.

I'm having neptune transiting (opposition) my natal saturn and everything you said about your life could apply to mine right now! Neptune will hit my Saturn again in January after it goes direct, I will let you know if it is any different to the retro transit which has been AWFUL! :)

Last edited:

Msariel

Hello Hydra,

Thanks for your reply! I never thought Neptune could be so tough :) I always watched for Pluto or Saturn, even Uranus, but Neptune? As another person wrote in another thread I suppose that Saturn's square to my Sun has also to do with this, but I found that the worst moments came when Neptune was hitting directly in a tight orb, and/or when there was a Full or New moon sq/opp to it.

Did you have any other harsh aspects during that time? Or do you think it's really just the Neptune/Saturn thing?

I also have Saturn opp my Moon next year, scares me a bit too. Last time I had that happen I was 7 and it was a tough time, so I guess the relief will not come before 2019 for me.

Can you attach your chart?

LibralovesTaurus

I'm going through a horrific Neptune square Venus transit that is set to last until the end of May 2018 and then return for a second visit around December 2018...

I have had the most devastating experiences with love and loss not to mention not being able to see people clearly ( friends / lovers)..so sick of it. Want this transit to end :sick:

Msariel

Same here, LibralovesTaurus. And I always thought of myself as someone who can "scan" people really well and someone who has self-respect. I definitely didn't expect to fall for someone who would show so little consideration and respect for me. I can't recognize myself. I guess that's what Neptune does, blurring your sense of self and shaking your foundations. I also have Neptune over my sun all year and a bit of 2019. I can't wait for it to be over too! What kind of experiences did you have?

Hydra

Unfortunately my neptune transit occurred as saturn went retrograde exactly conjunct my venus! I've written about it on another transit thread. There were other dodgy aspects too. Next year looks a lot lighter after January/Feb, phew!

LibralovesTaurus

Same here, LibralovesTaurus. And I always thought of myself as someone who can "scan" people really well and someone who has self-respect. I definitely didn't expect to fall for someone who would show so little consideration and respect for me. I can't recognize myself. I guess that's what Neptune does, blurring your sense of self and shaking your foundations. I also have Neptune over my sun all year and a bit of 2019. I can't wait for it to be over too! What kind of experiences did you have?

Well mostly trusting people wholeheartedly when deep down I know I should be more careful...then having them stab me in the back or completely abandoning me ( at least three friends have done this). Then, the absolute worse has been me finding out that my 10 year marriage has been an entire lie. The man who I had loved dearly for all this time was with multiple women throughout our time together and it was under this transit that I found out and even though friends, family my lawyer all tell me to not trust anything he says now, I still see him as a kind person. I know deep down I should be careful but I can't help to believe? it's so messed up. We will be officially divorcing after Christmas but have been separated during this entire year.

Then, I met someone wonderful who has been my support through most of this difficult time and whom I adore but who does not want anything serious with me.. so...disappointment with relationships and friendships. I need a break... I wonder if it's hitting me hard due to me having a 12th house stellium?

Msariel

Oh darling, that's quite a roller coaster, I'm so sorry for you, but it will get better, we just have to learn the lessons the hard way sometimes. I have the feeling that the universe wants you to learn to rely on yourself, especially if you have a 12th house stellium, I can see how that Neptune sq Venus transit can be painful indeed, but it means you need to learn to know your boundaries and learn to not trust anyone more than you would trust yourself. I had a friend who found out her husband of 30 years had been leading a double life all that time, had another woman AND a child on the side. She is a Pisces of course. And with your 12th h stellium, I guess you're very much like us. We need to learn to stop idolizing people...

LibralovesTaurus

Oh darling, that's quite a roller coaster, I'm so sorry for you, but it will get better, we just have to learn the lessons the hard way sometimes. I have the feeling that the universe wants you to learn to rely on yourself, especially if you have a 12th house stellium, I can see how that Neptune sq Venus transit can be painful indeed, but it means you need to learn to know your boundaries and learn to not trust anyone more than you would trust yourself. I had a friend who found out her husband of 30 years had been leading a double life all that time, had another woman AND a child on the side. She is a Pisces of course. And with your 12th h stellium, I guess you're very much like us. We need to learn to stop idolizing people...

This has definitely been a lesson and I still have another 5 months to go before I'm free for awhile from this transit.. :crying: I have a hard time being alone and saying no... I'm overly emotional and am trying desperately for my children to be strong. That's horrible about your friend finding out about his double life 30 years later :( At least I found out now but it's such a tough pill to swallow...I just want someone to love me the way I can love them...hopeless romantic, I know..:crying:

Msariel

I found out my ex was had overlapped with someone before we were finished, and I still can't swallow that pill 5 months later, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be in your situation... But I like to think that it all will make sense at some point and that everything you're going through will be worth it one day...

LibralovesTaurus

I found out my ex was had overlapped with someone before we were finished, and I still can't swallow that pill 5 months later, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be in your situation... But I like to think that it all will make sense at some point and that everything you're going through will be worth it one day...

I totally understand it...I know that after this, oh man will I have a hard time trusting again...*****. But one day I hope to be truly strong ..