Neptune conjunct asc.

Chrysalis

I know it all depends on context, but if you had a chart with pisces rising and neptune directly on asc (asc 12,36'/neptune 12,37') how would you interpret this, as this is obviously having an effect on the whole chart.

A planet right on the asc i always view as that particular planet opening the door to you/chart.

It is a L1/L7 chart so all i can think of it meaning is confusion, things not being all they seem, thinking its something it isn't, things not being clear.

Is there any other way to decipher what neptunes saying ?

The quesited mercury is actually going to be in opposition with neptune too in 9 degrees, with merc being in the 6th house. So would an opposition with neptune be the same as an opposition between significators. ?

moonwitch

Hi Chrysalis:

In charts that I've seen, Neptune directly on the ASC can mean the querent not being clear about the situation either within themselves or not being clear with the astrologer, to the point of lying or withholding info that is pertinent to the question. I think it should be a warning to the astrologer that the client themselves may not be being straightforward in some cases (but not all - they may just be seriously confused) and they may not have all the info they need to give a good reading. In some cases, I'm sure Neptune on the ASC could indicate that the querent has an addiction but it's pretty hard to get people to admit to addictions :smile:.

I have a chart of my own where Neptune is in the first house (but not directly on the ASC) and squaring the MC. My interpretation of that was that I was working (hard!) on a screenplay as Neptune/Pisces rules moving images and it was sitting on my natal POF. As well, even though I didn't know it at the time, I was having a problem with a medication I was taking, which is also a Neptunian thing.

Whenever I see Neptune as the most elevated planet in the chart that also says to me that the querent is probably not seeing the situation clearly but has probably explained it as fully as they can to the astrologer.

I would think that an opposition to Neptune on the ASC would indicate that the querent might not be truthful with the quesited or again is seriously confused about the quesited and that would create issues between them (opposition).

Hope this helps.

moonwitch