In need of some light in the darkness

Osamenor

Staff member
This is really just a stream of conscious for me. I felt driven to create a thread in case at least one person resonates with one thing I say

This is my new stream of conscious thread. But I'm ADD so it's gonna take me some time to copy and paste everything here lmao

Making the same post more than once is against the rules. You may make new stream of consciousness posts, but leave the old ones where they are. Your old thread is still there if you want to look at it. It's locked, not deleted.

Lykanized

Making the same post more than once is against the rules. You may make new stream of consciousness posts, but leave the old ones where they are. Your old thread is still there if you want to look at it. It's locked, not deleted.
Well this is pointless then. That thread was sacred to me. This makes me feel horrible.... idk what to do

Lykanized

My thread was very very sacred to me so I'm gonna copy everything but change things a bit so that it's not exact copies

Chrysalis

In all honesty, I may end up having to call 911 even tho I really don't wanna go to the hospital

And now your doing exactly the same on this thread, Osamenor locked your other thread for this same reason.

You've been given numerous helpline links, please make use of them.

Lykanized

And now your doing exactly the same on this thread, Osamenor locked your other thread for this same reason.

You've been given numerous helpline links, please make use of them.
The only issue would be people being assholes about it or people trying to play armchair psychiatrist. If this gets locked anyway, I can just make another

Osamenor

Staff member
I have two threads with the same name. And there are multiple threads on the forum with the same name. Why the inconsistency?

Same name isn't as much of a problem as people making the same post over and over. I told Lykanized she may make new posts, just not repeat the old ones word for word. Having a new version of the same thread when the first one has been closed is fine, as long as the new version doesn't include the kind of posting that got the old one closed. Although typically, when people make the same post over and over, what they're doing is flooding the forum with it, which is why we have a rule against it. That gets annoying at the very least and can cause major confusion at the worst.

So, we're not 86-ing your threads just because they have the same name, if the content is different, although if it gets brought to our attention, we might edit the title to make it clear that it's a different thread.

If you see inconsistent moderation, the most likely reason is that we're moderating what comes to our attention, and something slipped by because it wasn't brought to our attention.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Or different modding styles.

@Lykan - you could post the link for the first thread in the OP of this one for the sake of continuity. Copying and pasting your posts sounds tedious, but then your chart is full of Virgo so that might appeal to you.

Lykanized

@Lykan - you could post the link for the first thread in the OP of this one for the sake of continuity. Copying and pasting your posts sounds tedious, but then your chart is full of Virgo so that might appeal to you.

Not at all.. i cant stand tedium. Im a failure of a virgo. Im like an anti virgo. Probably my afflicted mercury retrograde

I have add and impulse issues. Im more like a charlie sheen virgo

In actuality, Virgos are very misunderstood. I think one of the most misunderstood signs

Last edited:

Lykanized

Well my dumbass is in the hospital and I have to put my phone away soon like a child so I'll figure this out when I get out

Osamenor

Staff member
That, too.

The only issue would be people being assholes about it or people trying to play armchair psychiatrist. If this gets locked anyway, I can just make another

That's not the only issue. It is true that we lock threads where people talk about suicide because leaving them open leads to problems, and those problems tend to stem from people either wanting to help but not knowing how, or making judgmental posts to the OP. But it's not just an issue of jerks or armchair psychiatrists. What if someone tells a suicidal person to go ahead and do it? That creates a HUGE liability risk for the forum. (Someone actually did that, before my time, which was part of what led to the policy of locking down suicide threads being created.)

Furthermore, "I'm going to kill myself" talk can be very triggering for people who've lost loved ones to suicide or are dealing with suicidal thoughts themselves. Another possible source of trouble.

Lykanized

Ok, I'll stay aware of that. I don't know where to express myself sometimes but I guess this forum isn't the place. I just don't know where else to express myself...I have to get it out somehow

Oddity

Ok, I'll stay aware of that. I don't know where to express myself sometimes but I guess this forum isn't the place. I just don't know where else to express myself...I have to get it out somehow

Does AppLeo still have his discord? Anyone in there?

Oddity

It was ages ago, that's why I don't know if it still exists, and not really a place for an old fart like me.

LEO??????? Get your discord going again!

AppLeo

It was ages ago, that's why I don't know if it still exists, and not really a place for an old fart like me.

LEO??????? Get your discord going again!

Only Rawr and I remain. Everyone else kind of died. But I would love to add you back!