Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 12-31-2019, 12:15 AM

Re: Chiron in 8th house -scared of physical intimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
It's all of those, and more.

Every house rules certain body parts. The eighth gets the sexual ones. The eighth is also sex, sexuality, taboos in general, death, taxes, other people's money, shared resources, and a few other things.
And Traditional astrologers would give sex to the 5th house where procreation takes place...just an example of the different answers you get regarding that wild and crazy house. I have Jupiter there and I keep waiting for an inheritance but my south node conjunct my part of fortune in 4 denies me. Oh well.

Chart
Unread 12-31-2019, 12:20 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite View Post
And Traditional astrologers would give sex to the 5th house where procreation takes place...just an example of the different answers you get regarding that wild and crazy house.
And traditional astrologers don't use Chiron. Which is the subject of this thread.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 12-31-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
And traditional astrologers don't use Chiron. Which is the subject of this thread.
Yes but what do you do with hybrids like me? I have Chiron on my ascendant so it's hard for me to ignore.

Chart
Unread 12-31-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
It's all of those, and more.

Every house rules certain body parts. The eighth gets the sexual ones. The eighth is also sex, sexuality, taboos in general, death, taxes, other people's money, shared resources, and a few other things.
Tax as well! I feel the whole country have these issues lol but on a serious note I get all this. Taboos and all the other stuff I donít have any issues with if Iím being honest. Just what Iíve already mentioned. The only person that can help me is ME and work on my issues. I wonít forget what you said and how you put it across to me O. In 5 years it can be better than it is now. Just like 5 years ago I wasnít as confident as I am now in that area. Just takes times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (01-01-2020)
Unread 12-31-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
The 8th house is one of the most misunderstood houses in astrology. Ask 10 astrologers to define the 8th house and you'll get 11 answers.

I think fear of exposure relates to Saturn --probably with a hard Mars aspect. But unless I can see your chart, I can only speculate. If you want to PM me your data, I can take a look at what's going on.
Thank you Kite. Thanks for the offer of looking at my chart. Thatís kind of you 😊
Unread 12-31-2019, 05:59 PM

My natal chart attached above
Unread 12-31-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
My natal chart attached above
Hi Hkk - please forgive some traditional delineation but it does relate to Chiron.

There a couple of significant things that may be causing your intimacy issues. First is that Venus - the ruler of your Ascendant is perigrine. This means it is out of sorts - feels like a wanderer - without a home. Since Chiron is in Taurus, Venus also rules that sign so I imagine Chiron feels that sense of physical/bodily exposure to the elements. The position in 8 heightens the fear of death/transformation and yes - sex in that way that your consciousness is fused with another in a kind of little death as others have put it.

The other issue as I suggested earlier deals with your Saturn and Mars. Both of the planets are square by sign (Libra and Cap) however they are both in exaltation which helps defuse the conflict somewhat between protecting yourself (Saturn) and assertive action from others (Mars which rules your 7th house of partner/relationship). Both planets are dignified essentially and accidentally by being in angular houses. Here is the problem - Mars in Capricorn is welcomed in Saturn's house as he rules Capricorn. Saturn does not welcome Mars into his Libra house because Libra is the opposite sign of Mars' domicile Aries. So in essence, your first house Saturn is repulsed by the assertive actions of Mars - be it from family since Mars is in the 4th house, by intimate partners in the 7th house or something to do with money or values that put you off (2nd house Scorpio).

So how do you deal with this? Awareness and de-sensitivity. A mantra I used when I was young when dealing with a feeling of a hostile world - was saying to myself - Nothing can harm me unless I permit it. Truly believing this really helped me get comfortable in my own skin. This might help you too.

Happy New Year - I hope this has been helpful.

Chart
Unread 12-31-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Hi Hkk - please forgive some traditional delineation but it does relate to Chiron.

There a couple of significant things that may be causing your intimacy issues. First is that Venus - the ruler of your Ascendant is perigrine. This means it is out of sorts - feels like a wanderer - without a home. Since Chiron is in Taurus, Venus also rules that sign so I imagine Chiron feels that sense of physical/bodily exposure to the elements. The position in 8 heightens the fear of death/transformation and yes - sex in that way that your consciousness is fused with another in a kind of little death as others have put it.

The other issue as I suggested earlier deals with your Saturn and Mars. Both of the planets are square by sign (Libra and Cap) however they are both in exaltation which helps defuse the conflict somewhat between protecting yourself (Saturn) and assertive action from others (Mars which rules your 7th house of partner/relationship). Both planets are dignified essentially and accidentally by being in angular houses. Here is the problem - Mars in Capricorn is welcomed in Saturn's house as he rules Capricorn. Saturn does not welcome Mars into his Libra house because Libra is the opposite sign of Mars' domicile Aries. So in essence, your first house Saturn is repulsed by the assertive actions of Mars - be it from family since Mars is in the 4th house, by intimate partners in the 7th house or something to do with money or values that put you off (2nd house Scorpio).

So how do you deal with this? Awareness and de-sensitivity. A mantra I used when I was young when dealing with a feeling of a hostile world - was saying to myself - Nothing can harm me unless I permit it. Truly believing this really helped me get comfortable in my own skin. This might help you too.

Happy New Year - I hope this has been helpful.
Hey Kite,

Yes thank you for your help. It helps to understand the chart a little deeper.
Great way to explain my love life lol Ďa wanderer without a homeíí. Iím glad Iím more of an optimistic than a pessimistic so I still have hope in my 💓 heart.
With Chiron in 8th yes I feel the exposure. More in myself than out there.

Happy new year 🥳 x

Last edited by Hkk; 12-31-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Unread 01-10-2020, 11:26 PM

Your inbox is full, Clear it.
Unread 01-10-2020, 11:29 PM

Done C

Had to log on laptop to do it as i always use the phone
Chrysalis (01-10-2020)
Unread 01-11-2020, 09:58 AM

My Chiron 8th house placement created a very complicated issue during my adolescence.

I have the Moon@ 3Cap54.
I have Mars@7Cap19.
And Chiron@7Cap30. I am a Scorpio with Taurus rising.

Sag is on my 8th house cusp but that triple conjunction in Cap is in the 8th.

So Chiron is very tightly conjunct my Mars in the 8th, exalted in Cap.

When I was about 5 yrs old, my parents divorced. And my uncle began babysitting my brothers and I after school because my Mom had to get a job.

My uncle began grooming me, and eventually began molesting me and having me do sexual acts with him. It went on for 3 years.

I never told anyone because there was so much family stress because of the divorce---I didn't want to add to the burden.

Also, my uncle convinced me it was my fault. SHAME and GUILT come along with being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. we are taught it was our fault and we would be blamed if anyone found out.

Thankfully my Mom remarried and found a wonderful husband and a loving StepDad for us. They moved us to a neighbouring town and that saved me.

When I went through puberty around age 13, I became hyper sexualised for my age. I was inappropriately sexual, I would have to say promiscuous. Although I didnt lose my virginity, until my senior year in high school to my boyfriend, I did
heavily flirt and go to 1st and w2nd and 3rd base, way too easily.

And later on, when I went to therapy for the child abuse memories, I was told that hyper sexualised childhoods and promiscuity is part of the damage done by the sexual abuse.

So my Chiron in the 8th did not make me scared of sexual intimacy---it made me addicted to it in inappropriate and compulsive ways...

Thank Goodness I got the help I needed when I was in college and was eventually able to have normal romantic relationships. Been married to my Aries husband, with Mars in Scorpio, for 37 years now.
Unread 01-11-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
My Chiron 8th house placement created a very complicated issue during my adolescence.

I have the Moon@ 3Cap54.
I have Mars@7Cap19.
And Chiron@7Cap30. I am a Scorpio with Taurus rising.

Sag is on my 8th house cusp but that triple conjunction in Cap is in the 8th.

So Chiron is very tightly conjunct my Mars in the 8th, exalted in Cap.

When I was about 5 yrs old, my parents divorced. And my uncle began babysitting my brothers and I after school because my Mom had to get a job.

My uncle began grooming me, and eventually began molesting me and having me do sexual acts with him. It went on for 3 years.

I never told anyone because there was so much family stress because of the divorce---I didn't want to add to the burden.

Also, my uncle convinced me it was my fault. SHAME and GUILT come along with being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. we are taught it was our fault and we would be blamed if anyone found out.

Thankfully my Mom remarried and found a wonderful husband and a loving StepDad for us. They moved us to a neighbouring town and that saved me.

When I went through puberty around age 13, I became hyper sexualised for my age. I was inappropriately sexual, I would have to say promiscuous. Although I didnt lose my virginity, until my senior year in high school to my boyfriend, I did
heavily flirt and go to 1st and w2nd and 3rd base, way too easily.

And later on, when I went to therapy for the child abuse memories, I was told that hyper sexualised childhoods and promiscuity is part of the damage done by the sexual abuse.

So my Chiron in the 8th did not make me scared of sexual intimacy---it made me addicted to it in inappropriate and compulsive ways...

Thank Goodness I got the help I needed when I was in college and was eventually able to have normal romantic relationships. Been married to my Aries husband, with Mars in Scorpio, for 37 years now.
Thanks for sharing. Itís not easy to share something like that and Iím glad you come thru it as a stronger person. God bless you!
Do you suffer with anything to do with 8th house Chiron now?
Unread 01-11-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. It’s not easy to share something like that and I’m glad you come thru it as a stronger person. God bless you!
Do you suffer with anything to do with 8th house Chiron now?
Well, I did have a bad impact from the Sat/Pluto transit through my 8th, crossing over the Moon/Mars/Chiron.

We got audited by the IRS for write-offs on taxes from an earlier year. We hired tax attorney, did a lot of preparation, spent a lot of money, and lost our case. We took a big financial hit.

I am A Scorpio with a Cap Moon. So Saturn/Pluto visiting my 8th was quite powerful. The audit came out of the blue and knocked the wind out of us. We are still paying it off.
Unread 01-11-2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Well, I did have a bad impact from the Sat/Pluto transit through my 8th, crossing over the Moon/Mars/Chiron.

We got audited by the IRS for write-offs on taxes from an earlier year. We hired tax attorney, did a lot of preparation, spent a lot of money, and lost our case. We took a big financial hit.

I am A Scorpio with a Cap Moon. So Saturn/Pluto visiting my 8th was quite powerful. The audit came out of the blue and knocked the wind out of us. We are still paying it off.
Omg 😮!!!! Do these 8th house themes happen a lot to you?
katydid (01-13-2020)
Unread 01-13-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Omg 😮!!!! Do these 8th house themes happen a lot to you?
Ummm....maybe....

It is a difficult triple conjunction. My moon is in it's fall in Cap, and not happy in the 8th. Then it is in an applying conjunction to an exalted Mars, which is tightly conjoined with Chiron in Cap. So it is not an easy placement.

When I was in college I had a very bad situation with a bad Uranus transit to that conjunction. I had a bad reaction to an IUD, creating an infection and then an abscess, on my Fallopian tubes, requiring surgery. Lost one of my tubes.

So this conjunction has created some turmoil. But also many good things came from my 8th.
Unread 01-13-2020, 05:20 PM

I've been lookin at this thread for a while. I also have Chiron in 8th. Mine is in Virgo and I'm also scared of physical intimacy. 25 years old and haven't even kissed anyone. Chiron has a wide opposition to my Saturn-Moon conjunction in Pisces. I think a lot of my life turned me off from sex.

Like katydid, I also experienced molestation. I never thought of it that way until college really, but that's what it was. Very upsetting. Anyway, those experiences were mostly over by the time I was 8. I was raised in a very conservative Protestant Christian home and attended several church youth groups throughout high school. I figured I'd save my first kiss for marriage, because any act leading up to sex was a sin, they said.

I'm not Christian anymore, but there's still a lot of shame attached to sex. I still link sex to intimacy and even though intimacy is something I want, I tend to get in my own way. I used to think of intimacy and love in some sort of exalted way, with all that chick flick intensity and passion, immortalized love, yada yada, but now I feel like maybe that's a belief that's gotten in my way.

There're a lot of things in my chart that point to trouble in relationships and fear of intimacy. One is my Saturn-Moon conjunction (Pisces). I've got Cap AC so the Moon rules my 7th house and it's afflicted by Saturn. I do get a helping trine from my Jupiter in Scorpio, but it's still rough.

There're more indications of delays when applying Vedic techniques as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonkat235 For This Useful Post:
katydid (01-13-2020)
Unread 01-14-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Ummm....maybe....

It is a difficult triple conjunction. My moon is in it's fall in Cap, and not happy in the 8th. Then it is in an applying conjunction to an exalted Mars, which is tightly conjoined with Chiron in Cap. So it is not an easy placement.

When I was in college I had a very bad situation with a bad Uranus transit to that conjunction. I had a bad reaction to an IUD, creating an infection and then an abscess, on my Fallopian tubes, requiring surgery. Lost one of my tubes.

So this conjunction has created some turmoil. But also many good things came from my 8th.
Awwww you know what? ...... one can forget the good stuff when they have a hard time with something but you have reminded those including me that there is good stuff too! What good stuff do u get out of Chiron
Unread 01-14-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
I've been lookin at this thread for a while. I also have Chiron in 8th. Mine is in Virgo and I'm also scared of physical intimacy. 25 years old and haven't even kissed anyone. Chiron has a wide opposition to my Saturn-Moon conjunction in Pisces. I think a lot of my life turned me off from sex.

Like katydid, I also experienced molestation. I never thought of it that way until college really, but that's what it was. Very upsetting. Anyway, those experiences were mostly over by the time I was 8. I was raised in a very conservative Protestant Christian home and attended several church youth groups throughout high school. I figured I'd save my first kiss for marriage, because any act leading up to sex was a sin, they said.

I'm not Christian anymore, but there's still a lot of shame attached to sex. I still link sex to intimacy and even though intimacy is something I want, I tend to get in my own way. I used to think of intimacy and love in some sort of exalted way, with all that chick flick intensity and passion, immortalized love, yada yada, but now I feel like maybe that's a belief that's gotten in my way.

There're a lot of things in my chart that point to trouble in relationships and fear of intimacy. One is my Saturn-Moon conjunction (Pisces). I've got Cap AC so the Moon rules my 7th house and it's afflicted by Saturn. I do get a helping trine from my Jupiter in Scorpio, but it's still rough.

There're more indications of delays when applying Vedic techniques as well.
Thanks for sharing moonkat. I really appreciate it and like Iíve mentioned before itís not easy to share deep issues like this.

I know where you are coming from with belief or Iíve always thought that my belief subconsciously was maybe an excuse. I honestly donít know how I feel and that may sound weird but I can only be honest and I donít know why I feel the way I do. I feel or tell my self all my thoughts are excuses. Madness! And the more years that go by itís like I tell me self wait for the right one. Donít waste all these years. I just want to be able to feel free by doing what I want but in this area Iím not.

Iím sorry to hear what you went thru. I hope u find what u need and want to get thru this aspect x
Unread 01-15-2020, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Awwww you know what? ...... one can forget the good stuff when they have a hard time with something but you have reminded those including me that there is good stuff too! What good stuff do u get out of Chiron
The 8th House holds the key to a lot of great hidden powers. Chiron, being the core wound, spurs us on the search for what can heal/cure us.

Ultimately we may find we can learn how to soothe and heal other's pains but never feel we can totally cure our own?

You asked what good stuff came out of my Chiron in the 8th? I can think of a few major themes.

My own painful childhood abuse prepared me to become a counsellor and metaphysical healer, dealing specifically with childhood wounds of others.

THat 8th house conjunction spurred me to explore metaphysical healing. And being a Scorpio, with that strong 8th house, and many aspects to the outer planets, brought me to the study of metaphysics, astrology and the healing arts at a very young age.

I learned to calculate astrology charts by hand when I was in middle school. I began doing chart readings for my friends when I was a freshman in high school.

I think that was because of my loaded 8th house and my Aquarius MC with the North node in Aquarius in the 10th. I always planned on some kind of metaphysical occupation, even when I was a student at UC Berkely in the early 70's. I was always trying to find a way to add cosmic knowledge to my regular studies. And I changed my major from Rhetoric, which was prelaw, to Women's Studies, in order to attain that goal.

So my Chiron in the 8th led me on a cosmic journey towards becoming a healer and astrologer and a counsellor for those who were survivors of childhood abuse.

I see the 8th house as a place of secret power. It can unleash one's ability for self control through self realisation and WILL POWER.

So Chiron, my gaping childhood wound, helped lead me on my own journey to overcome the past and help others to do the same, through self realisation, Mastery and overcoming despair, even in the most desperate times.

Last edited by katydid; 01-15-2020 at 04:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
R4VEN (01-16-2020)
Unread 01-17-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
The 8th House holds the key to a lot of great hidden powers. Chiron, being the core wound, spurs us on the search for what can heal/cure us.

Ultimately we may find we can learn how to soothe and heal other's pains but never feel we can totally cure our own?

You asked what good stuff came out of my Chiron in the 8th? I can think of a few major themes.

My own painful childhood abuse prepared me to become a counsellor and metaphysical healer, dealing specifically with childhood wounds of others.

THat 8th house conjunction spurred me to explore metaphysical healing. And being a Scorpio, with that strong 8th house, and many aspects to the outer planets, brought me to the study of metaphysics, astrology and the healing arts at a very young age.

I learned to calculate astrology charts by hand when I was in middle school. I began doing chart readings for my friends when I was a freshman in high school.

I think that was because of my loaded 8th house and my Aquarius MC with the North node in Aquarius in the 10th. I always planned on some kind of metaphysical occupation, even when I was a student at UC Berkely in the early 70's. I was always trying to find a way to add cosmic knowledge to my regular studies. And I changed my major from Rhetoric, which was prelaw, to Women's Studies, in order to attain that goal.

So my Chiron in the 8th led me on a cosmic journey towards becoming a healer and astrologer and a counsellor for those who were survivors of childhood abuse.

I see the 8th house as a place of secret power. It can unleash one's ability for self control through self realisation and WILL POWER.

So Chiron, my gaping childhood wound, helped lead me on my own journey to overcome the past and help others to do the same, through self realisation, Mastery and overcoming despair, even in the most desperate times.
Wow! Thank you so much. Iím glad I put this thread up. I didnít think I would get all the wealth of information to help me understand it more and link it to my Chiron.

Iím hoping I can heal in my own way and find that way. Or at least unlock its potential whatever that hidden potential may be for me

Thank you again 😍

Tags
chiron, house, intimacy, physical, scared