Dissociate Aspects - what have you got??

Claire19

That's very interesting. I've got three planets in the 29th degree: Sun 29 Tau 35 (3rd House), Mars 29 Pis 56 (1st House), Uranus 29 Lib 15 (8th House). All of them make dissociate aspects to the Nodes.

The 29 Tau 35 Sun is a degree away from the South Node at 0 Gem 56, thus closely opposite the North Node at 0 Sag 56.

The 29 Pis 56 Mars is a degree away from trining that North Node at 0 Sag 56, but the signs involved (Pisc and Sag) square rather than trine.

Conversely, the Uranus at 29 Lib 15 is 1.7 degrees from a quincunx with the South Node, but the signs (Libra and Gem) trine rather than the tension associated with the quincunx.

Whilst I agree that the aspects you cite are close. I am not sure we would use them with the nodes. Many of us feel that only conjunctions are viable. The Taurus sun on the south node, yes, I would use that one.

If you happen to meet a Taurean around that degree, it will be a karmic connection from the past. Dissociate aspects are interesting in that they encompass a different element or sign than usual. I dont have any so cant give my experiences with them. Some say they are weakened by not being in natural signs or elements, I dont know.

Also if we are going to use aspects with the nodes, they are necessarily smaller in orb than normal, no more than 3 degrees as the nodes are not planets, but positions so to speak. All of what you cite is within that range. I would be interested to see how they may play out with you and happy to have feedback.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree that the aspects you cite are close. I am not sure we would use them with the nodes. Many of us feel that only conjunctions are viable. The Taurus sun on the south node, yes, I would use that one.

If you happen to meet a Taurean around that degree, it will be a karmic connection from the past. Dissociate aspects are interesting in that they encompass a different element or sign than usual. I dont have any so cant give my experiences with them. Some say they are weakened by not being in natural signs or elements, I dont know.

Also if we are going to use aspects with the nodes, they are necessarily smaller in orb than normal, no more than 3 degrees as the nodes are not planets, but positions so to speak. All of what you cite is within that range. I would be interested to see how they may play out with you and happy to have feedback.

I would have leaned the same way about only the conjunction being really important. I can't really identify any way the others have impacted me. I do think I've felt the Sun-South Node conjuction. There is a tension between living out the solar energy and striving toward the North Node, which is opposite. The Sun is in the same house - the 3rd - as the SN. Hard to play that house up and grow away from it at the same time. I think the dissociate nature mitigates it a little because the sun sign is not the opposite sign of the NN, but Taurus-Sagittarius is an odd combination. Normal opposing signs have a lot in common.

Your reference to karmic connections - it's because of the South Node? Interesting to think people born the same week I was would be karmic connections.

I find it puzzling that so many astrologers only look at the elements and modality of the signs in determining their compatibility. By doing so they're overlooking an equally, if not more important factor: the compatibility of the respective signs ruling planets and exaltations.

A good point. I've got that yod (Pisces, Taurus, Libra). The tension of the yod, and the quincunx aspect, is supposed to come from the inability of the signs to relate to each other. But Taurus and Libra are both ruled by Venus, and Venus is exalted in Pisces. I don't see a Taurus-Libra quincunx as being anywhere near as problematic as say, Aries-Virgo or Cancer-Sag. Interesting that you identified both Taurus and Libra as the "black sheep" within their elements (I agree).

Likewise, Pisces squares Sag but I'd think the Jupiter connection would tend to reduce tension.

Kite

I've got quite the proof point for including a dissociate aspect. My Kite includes a boomerang and a yod all pointing to my Mars/Moon singleton conjunction in Aries. The opposition planet at the midpoint of the Yod and out of aspect is anaretic Jupiter at 30 Virgo.

I can definitely say that at the age of 62, that I've seen how the fire earth opposition has acted in a volcanic manner at various times in my life. If the aspect was not important or to be ignored --- Nothing would make sense. Read my book and you will see how this has erupted in breaking down useless material structures while honoring them at the same time. The grand fire trine with Uranus/Saturn with the Mars Moon speaks to this as well.

Dissociate aspects are NOT easy as there is an intense quincunx energy involved - except - rather than adjustment, there is a wrestling with God quality that creates diamonds out of coal and pearls out of pebbles. This is a crucible alchemical process imho.