friend read chart...didn't make me feel very good

Shadowkat

I had a friend read my chart..not because I asked her, but she is very into astrology and I am too. She was way better than I expected...she didn't use a western chart...and mentioned these things:

That I would never be dominant in any relationship - I will always be lower in every circumstance
That I will most likely have a child unexpectedly - maybe around the age of 35 - and after that my life will change a lot
That I will never be rich, and money will come and go and be difficult to come by
That the man I will be with will be good with language and his family might be wealthier

She had a really negative demeanor/tone when talking about my chart...she had mentioned she has never seen one like this before....so I just got really upset about this. It kind of burdens me now and makes me wonder if she saw something ugly or not great that, or an overall bad life for me. Ever since I have been defeated, and I know I should not take that stance...but I can't help but feel a little negativity from that situation.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this? Or maybe give me insight? To be honest I am an American currently living in South Korea. I would love live here but I can't tell if it's the place for me or not. I am coming out of a major relationship, and I like someone, but can't tell where its going. I truly love South Korea but I wonder if anyone even has any advice on what location might bring me better luck. can anyone Aldo indicate something about a marriage time frame or partner?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_andrea.34148.42041.png
    astro_w2gw_andrea.34148.42041.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 41
  • horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-26-12-1987_17-29.jpg
    horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-26-12-1987_17-29.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 27

Shadowkat

First off, don't leave Korea if you love it there. You'll still be you, no matter where you go.

Also, I think your friend was a little overly deterministic. I can see where she might have gotten some of these ideas, like you not being dominant in relationships, but personally I think it's foolhardy to give hard, black and white predictions like that.
I'd also suggest you consider whether or not dominance is really what you want. If it doesn't come naturally to you, perhaps the journey you should be taking is to find happiness in your natural, submissive state, instead of trying to force yourself into an imagined ideal form. There's nothing wrong with being submissive.

You are right, I did think about that. I don't mind being submissive. Supporting people and bringing them joy through my actions makes me happy. I'd like to have control of my life and be independent regarding work, but I don't mind being the girlfriend or supportive friend etc. I would like to have a stronger presence though, that of confidence and independence so I am trying to think about ways I can be better.

Shadowkat

The difficult thing about letting a friend read your chart — especially if it’s a deterministic reading, like Traditional or Vedic, for example - is that suddenly interaction no longer follows the rules of friendship, and colors the progress of the friendship later. I remember having a Trad friend (with lots of exaltations in her chart, like she’d been an astrologer in a past life!) read my chart many years ago and it really affected our friendship. 3rd (like mine) and 6th (like yours) placements are houses traditionally considered weak, and you will have to come to terms with those placements on your own. Lot of negativity to plow through, much of it untrue.
And if her reading was Vedic, then your sixth house placements are all mutable Sagittarius (whereas in Western at least two are cardinal earth).

I think astrologers don’t GET the impact of their negativity on sensitive listeners (cancer rising moon in Pisces, I am sure you heard many more colors than she could ever think of!).

But even so, you have a cardinal ascendant, ruling planet Moon in a supportive sign and at Midheaven, you have an angular Venus and Jupiter, planets in every modality and every element, and two planets very strong in the fifth house. Cheer up ;-)

what you said about sensitivity is right. I was sensitive to her words. she kept saying she really hopes that I can be stronger, and really hopes that I can do better etc etc. it just started to weigh on me with how much she was implicating that I was weak and didn't really have a great life ahead of me. I honestly took it as raising a child alone, depressed, without money, without love - it just didn't sound to be getting any better.

wilsontc

Staff member
Shadowkat,

You have a bowl chart with the focus on the Others (left) side of the chart. This means you focus on others and the interest of others but ALSO have a GREAT need to find out more about your Self (right side of the chart). The "cutting planet" that leads off this self-discovery is Aries (being) modifying Jupiter (expansion, also knowledge) so your need to know more about who you are will drive your further understanding of yourself.

Get a LOT of other people's opinions about your chart and match up what people say with what you KNOW about your life. YOU are an expert on YOU, even though others have their opinions (astrological and otherwise). As you continue on this self-exploration, you will come to know what IS and is NOT you. Better defining your SELF will help you better understand how to help OTHERS. You ALSO have a stellium (focus of energy) in the daily work chart, so routines and service to others is VERY important to you.

If you want to continue your self-exploration of your chart, click on the link in my signature and you can guide yourself through the basics of modern astrology.

About you and your needs,

Tim

Bunraku

What do you think about her chart analysis?
How are your finances?
Are you really that submissive in your relationships?

Shadowkat

What do you think about her chart analysis?
How are your finances?
Are you really that submissive in your relationships?

I think it was pretty harsh, her tone made me think that my life would end in suicide or a weird unfortunate way, so I became very suspicious or concerned regarding her tone. My finances have never been good, so it's hard to say. Even a normal paying job would make me happy, but to feel like I'll never be stable kind of hurt.
In relationships I do have insecurities, but I feel that once I am comfortable, I like to be myself and not care what people think, but in the beginning phases it's tough. I am not married and have never been, so when you are single everyone feels elusive in a way.

katydid

I think it was pretty harsh, her tone made me think that my life would end in suicide or a weird unfortunate way, so I became very suspicious or concerned regarding her tone. My finances have never been good, so it's hard to say. Even a normal paying job would make me happy, but to feel like I'll never be stable kind of hurt.
In relationships I do have insecurities, but I feel that once I am comfortable, I like to be myself and not care what people think, but in the beginning phases it's tough. I am not married and have never been, so when you are single everyone feels elusive in a way.

I don't see any reason to conclude that your life would end in a 'weird unfortunate way.' Mercury, ruler of the 4th and 12th, is in the 6th and applying to a conjunction with Neptune. There are no malefics squaring or opposing it. The Mercury/Neptune conjunct will likely bring you to a deep cosmic understanding and you will feel satisfied with your Spiritual path, when you approach the end of this incarnation.

I also disagree with the assertion that you would never be 'stable' financially. The Sun, ruler of your 2nd of Income, is in Cap in the 6th of 'work and service.' That should bring you steady opportunities for employment. It is often 'hands on' jobs, doing a manual trade or a service for a fee, but it is stable work and you can work your way up by learning new skills and perfecting your talents. The 6th is also the House of the Craftsman. Quite often an indication of someone with skills that are honed with practice and apprenticeship. Also, a 6th house stellium shows your stability and personal responsibility and makes you a valuable employee.

The Sun is applying to a semi-sextile with Venus in the 7th of partnerships. So you might have a romantic partnership in the future that elevates your financial position.

Saturn ruling your 7th indicates that you may marry later, rather than earlier. Or perhaps you will marry a man who is older than you usually date?

You have the North Node in the 9th, so living in a foreign land is a good thing for you. With the moon there, you may establish your own family in another country as well.

You have some very nice aspects in your chart. Your Moon conjunct the MC, Trine Mars in the 5th---You have a very creative spark, and are naturally artistic and talented. The 5th rules the Creative Arts. Also, I think you may have a wonderful ability to get along with children and young people. It is a very welcoming and authentic personality you exhibit, that is encouraging and inspiring to others. A truly sincere and heartfelt person.

You also have Jupiter in Aries at the top of your chart, receiving applying Trines from Saturn/Uranus in Sag. So you are very adventurous and independent, and very capable and trustworthy, and people recognise those qualities in you.

You have an innate ability to rise above difficult circumstances, and I believe you will live a very successful and fulfilling life. :wink:

Last edited: