Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 01-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Banned

Sterillum in 5th house/ an artist's TRUE potential?

I'm graduating high school in June and plan on persuing my passion, which is film. I guess that I have questions essentially regarding myself and my potential in being successful with it. I put off attending UCLA so I could begin persuing film, but I have also built up enough college credits to apply next year as a junior college transfer and undoubtably get in....I'd Greatly appreciate any input.

It's not letting me post URL's to my natal chart, so I guess this question goes out to the peeps with astrological programs.

Natal info:
June 8th, 1990
San Jose, CA
11:23am

Last edited by Gem Doccaus; 01-12-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Banned

Re: Sterillum in 5th house/ an artist's TRUE potential?

Hahaha I actually meant Stellium....noobish moment.

Last edited by Gem Doccaus; 01-12-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:36 PM

I'm actually more interested in your Leo Ascendant than your fifth house stellium of outer planets, although of course, they go hand in hand.

I have read that film is primarily associated with the planet Neptune because it ultimately has to do with illusion, with momentarily transporting its viewers into another world. You have this planet in the fifth house of creativity and children. The idea briefly flickered into my mind that perhaps you should look into creating and directing children's movies, although I'm sure this particular placement could be interpreted in many other ways.

While we're on the subject of your fifth house, the ruler of the fifth house cusp is exalted in the sign of Cancer conjunct Chiron; interestingly, this planet tightly opposes Neptune, which as we mentioned before is the commonly-accepted ruler of the film industry.

I'm very interested in the dynamics at play in your chart; the ruler of your fifth house cusp is exalted in Cancer and located in the opposite house (the eleventh) of one of the houses it rules (the fifth). The eleventh house is commonly referred to as the house of "friends" or the house of "hopes and wishes," but I want to take a different approach here and do something that I usually try not to do--equate the signs with the houses they are associated with. Leo is the sign associated with the fifth house in the zodiacal alphabet, and its opposite sign, Aquarius, is associated with the eleventh house. I believe these signs are particularly important in your chart because they are the signs on your Ascendant-Descendant axis.

Anyway, I don't know how accepted or popular this idea is, but I once read a comment on the forums--unfortunately, I forget which member it was by--that suggested there might be a relationship between Leo as the "king" or "ruler" or else someone else in the spotlight, as this sign generally enjoys to be in and Aquarius as the "ruled," for lack of a better term. I'm not suggesting that you're trying to dominate anyone here; this isn't the point at all. Yet in this same post, I believe a member also brought up a similar idea of Leo being the "star" and Aquarius being the "audience." Again, I'm not making a judgment call here, because both the star and the audience are needed; it is only our society that has made the star out to be more important than the audience whose money supports the actor's or actress' career!

I'm seeing similar themes like this throughout the chart, although it's possible that I'm misinterpreting them--the Leo Ascendant, the tenth house Sun, the fact that you were born shortly after a Full Moon. All of this, but especially the tenth house Sun and the Full Moon, suggests some kind of culmination to me, since the Sun reaches its culmination at noon when it is blazing brightly for all to see; the Midheaven is the highest point in the natal chart, and although your natal Sun isn't conjunct the Midheaven, it has a similar influence in the tenth house. Similarly, the Full Moon is the culmination of the lunar cycle, the time in which the entire surface of the Moon is illuminated for all to see. Of course, since you were born during daylight, the Sun may have hidden the Full Moon from view--this is also indicated somewhat symbolically in your chart since the Moon is in the fourth house, and the Nadir is the lowest part of the chart. Therefore, the Sun is much more visible both in your natal chart as well as much more visible during the exact moment you were born. The Sun is further emphasized in your chart due to your Leo Ascendant; the Sun is the ruler of Leo.

Now, back to the point I was trying to make before with Leo/Aquarius and the 5th/11th house; I've mentioned it several times now, but since I since I keep getting sidetracked in my response, I'll say it once again--although nearly the entire sign of Capricorn is "encapsuled" in your fifth house and has a very strong influence there, especially since all three planets in this house are in the sign of Capricorn, your fifth house cusp is located in Sagittarius, not Capricorn. Therefore, although Saturn plays a role, Jupiter is the ruler of your fifth house cusp--and it is exalted in the sign of Cancer.

Now, I mentioned the "star" as acquainted with Leo--and possibly the fifth house by extension--the "audience" as acquainted with Aquarius--again, and possibly the eleventh house by extension. Therefore, I believe it is significant that the ruler of your fifth house cusp is located in the eleventh house.

I would also like to take note that the ruler of the fifth house cusp is conjunct Chiron, the wounded healer. I don't know if you're familiar with the myth of Chiron--you probably are, as you strike me as a particularly curious and intelligent young person--but if you're new to astrology, it's possible that you haven't; at least, I hadn't heard of Chiron until I began studying astrology two years ago, and I consider myself pretty well-learned for my age as well. You can find many articles about Chiron through a simple Google search, such as CHIRON : WORKING WITH THE MYTH. I won't go too much into the myth as this post is already long enough, but Chiron's conjunction with Jupiter suggests to me that you could find emotional healing (Cancer) through sharing your creativity (Jupiter is the ruler of the fifth house) with friends, or some other kind of audience (eleventh house). I had more thoughts about this, but unfortunately, I lost my train of thought...

But before I conclude this post, I'll also mention that I believe it is significant that the ruler of your eleventh house, Mercury, is conjunct your Midheaven, and that's you've got an uncommon configuration in your natal chart known as a Mystic Rectangle, the "corners" of which are Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, and Venus.

Does anyone else want to pick up here? I'm not nearly familiar enough with mystic triangles to discuss them in depth...

Arian Maverick

Last edited by Arian Maverick; 01-12-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Banned

Arian,

I thank you for your feedback, it has given me new thought. You said that the owner to my 5th house is Sagittarius and not Capricorn, and I do happen to have Sagittarius Moon trine my Leo ascendant by 6.55 degrees-- yet another subtle sort of relationship pertaining to Sun and Moon.

The other question I had-- which wasn't originally mentioned-- was the role of Venus in my natal chart. I know that film is automatically linked to Neptune, but I always thought that Venus would have a connection to it as well? I say that because Venus is considered to be the artist. What are your thoughts?

Also, to quickly answer your question, I am famillar with the asteroid Chiron. I'd also like to ask this question, and you don't have to worry about my feelings: would you say that the Neptune/Chiron opposition would create a tense difficulty in any attempt towards film?

Last edited by Gem Doccaus; 01-12-2008 at 04:34 AM.

Tags
artist, house or, potential, sterillum, true