Esoteric astrology

Cruiser1

Astrology can be treated as a continuum. :) There's mundane types of astrology on one end, devoted to material considerations or events. More in the middle is standard Western astrology, with a more psychological or personal growth focus (especially when considering the meaning of outer planets or the North Node of the Moon). Finally on the high end there's Esoteric Astrology, which takes a mostly spiritual approach, such as considering the soul's purpose and goal in a lifetime (and over lifetimes) and the evolution of the Kingdom of Humanity and the planet as a whole.

The founder of what most consider to be "Esoteric Astrology" is Alice A. Bailey, author of the eponymously named iconic book "Esoteric Astrology" (whose contents can be read in the link above). A common feature of Esoteric Astrology is the Seven Rays, which play a role as important as signs, planets, and houses. There are Web pages out there which summarize the main points of Esoteric Astrology, such as: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/asteso.htm

VirgoMoon

Astrology can be treated as a continuum. :)

Interesting!! Thank you for the info! :happy: I’ve been reading a book from William Meader and he mentioned Alice Bailey a few times. I find it interesting and several things make a lot of sense, but I’m still contemplating if their way of thinking connects with my own views :wink: Do you work with esoteric astrology?

Cruiser1

Do you work with esoteric astrology?
Yes I do work with it. :biggrin: Esoteric Astrology doesn't ignore standard mundane astrology, but rather adds on to it with consideration of spiritual and group matters. Because of its nature, Esoteric Astrology usually isn't taken in isolation, but is rather a component of a wider spiritual Path (hence its relation to the Seven Rays). For example, here's another good page describing Esoteric Astrology and how it considers the signs of the zodiac, however note the surrounding site involves meditation and other esoteric studies: https://www.moryafederation.com/esoteric-astrology/

VirgoMoon

Yes I do work with it. :biggrin: Esoteric Astrology doesn't ignore standard mundane astrology, but rather adds on to it with consideration of spiritual and group matters. Because of its nature, Esoteric Astrology usually isn't taken in isolation, but is rather a component of a wider spiritual Path (hence its relation to the Seven Rays). For example, here's another good page describing Esoteric Astrology and how it considers the signs of the zodiac, however note the surrounding site involves meditation and other esoteric studies: https://www.moryafederation.com/esoteric-astrology/

That makes sense :happy: Thank you for explaining! How cool that you work with it! I can imagine that working with both mundane and esoteric astrology in some way is a form of in depth psychology and that it can be very insightful for your clients :)

CapAquaPis

The esoteric calendar: when Sirius conjunct Sunrise on the morning of every September 11th. Sirius is the brightest magnitude star in the constellation Canis Major. The 40-day period from Aug 3rd to Sep 11th are the "Dog days of summer", named for the constellation and the dawn times when Sirius rises. The sun is in or around 15' Virgo on that date, 12 days until the usual start of the northern autumn equinox. I wonder what's significant of a (15'? Pisces) full moon on Sep 11th which happens in a 19 year cycle (i.e. 1992 & 2011, and future 2030 & 2049).

Cruiser1

b2ZlkkO.png

The astrology program "Astrolog" supports Esoteric Astrology, and its newest version can do Esoteric Astrology interpretations, which will display sentences for the different Esoteric Astrology associations of each placement (Venus in Sagittarius and 11th house pictured above).

It will also compose an esoteric "Ray chart" (based on astrological influences only) showing the potential Rays for soul, personality, mental vehicle, astral vehicle, and physical vehicle, in which each of the Seven Rays is given a score and percentage. A true Ray chart is subjective and can't be automatically determined, however astrology can give clues or hints as to what one's Rays might be. In Astrolog, show this with the "Chart / Esoteric" menu command, and then turn on "View / Show Interpretations".