Is this the chart of a programmer?

graay ghost

I currently have a job as a programmer. However I'm wondering if/when i relocate if I should continue pursuing it or if I should try something else. Another thing I'm interested in is investigating fraud for banks and financial institutions.
AEniiyF.jpg

sibylline

LOL.

I thought I was clicking on the other thread.

Another thing I'm interested in is investigating fraud for banks and financial institutions.

I think this could be a great fit with your Capricorn Moon in the 8th and the square involving its dispositor/MC ruler. Who knows if you should change careers though...is there something you find particularly unsatisfying about programming? Or just feeling restless?

graay ghost

LOL.

I thought I was clicking on the other thread.

I think this could be a great fit with your Capricorn Moon in the 8th and the square involving its dispositor/MC ruler. Who knows if you should change careers though...is there something you find particularly unsatisfying about programming? Or just feeling restless?

Less unsatisfied with programming and more with where I live. I'm thinking of relocating and because the system I work with is pretty unique I'd have to learn more stuff to make myself marketable elsewhere as a programmer, I think.

Last edited:

sibylline

Less unsatisfied with programming and more with where I live. I'm thinking of relocating and because the system I work with is pretty unique I'd have to learn more stuff to make myself marketable elsewhere as a programmer, I think.

Do you think it's worth it to begin anew or would you rather learn more about programming?

graay ghost

Do you think it's worth it to begin anew or would you rather learn more about programming?

I don't know. I'm not sure if it'd be completely new, either. I did temp for a place where I corrected debit card transactions and looked at transactions for suspicious activity.

Chillaxer

I currently have a job as a programmer. However I'm wondering if/when i relocate if I should continue pursuing it or if I should try something else. Another thing I'm interested in is investigating fraud for banks and financial institutions.

'Another thing I'm interested in is investigating fraud for banks and financial institutions.'

Mars in Taurus conjunct Ascendant. Mars gets, and is assertive, Taurus is finance, it's on your Ascendant, your approach. Mars in Taurus is bullish, stubborn and combative.

Mars rules Scorpio, so it rules the 6th portion in Scorpio. The 6th is daily work and service. Scorpio is investigation and it also represents 'shared resources' so as well as business which it is said to be linked to, I'd say it could represents banks.

The north node is in the last degree of Sagittarius and in the 8th, so a real truth seeker and imaginative, as well as ambitious, in the 8th house of investigations, hidden subjects and research. Fortune is in Sagittarius, again it's about seeking out high principle, working with ethics, not in a personal, judgemental realm but in the collective sense- so an ethical, truth theme is suggested. The 7th is slightly different to the 6th and 8th but it is another that can be interpreted as where you meet the world, you may meet a business partner for this or just a romantic one. It is also where you meet 'open enemies', so maybe your fortune is found seeking truth on the corrupt and this makes you enemies.

The moon(needs and instincts) is in Capricorn, ambition, in the 8th, so you are ambitious to uphold standards and gain reputation through this type of research.

So your chart seems to fit that career well.

Your MC is 0degrees Aquarius, this would strongly suggest aptitude for technical careers and computing. The 0 degrees is significant in suggesting quintessential qualities of that sign in my experience.

I'd also see the 3rd house as linked to computing and e-communications, Sun and Venus in Cancer here, Cancer is quite an ambitious and tenacious sign, which builds foundations, and also defends ideas or peoples.
So maybe again the theme of defending integrity.

Sun rules the 4th so we could say 'finding a place/home' through this role.
Venus rules the 6th in Libra, so work and service is implied to be linked to the internet and daily communications.

You also have Saturn in Aqua in the 10th, so hard work, perseverence and mastering your craft through trials makes you better at it. It also rules the 10th so the 10th is an end itself(although Saturn rules your ninth too, suggesting your career will influence your life philosophy-this is doubly emphasized by Uranus, co-ruler of Aquarius in the ninth too) to me somewhat intensifying your career theme.

I'm not sure about the Lilith in Aquarius, maybe that is bit of a geek/subversive one in the career, no offence lol.

Might want to research that, personally I find Lilith quite hard to figure out and it is a hypothetical and a point.

The Jupiter in Virgo suggest growth and expansion through quite rigorous, meticulous, private service work, as it's in the fifth this could be a pleasure for you, and/or you could be very creatively analytical in this regard.

It's dispositor is Mercury in the 4th, so again maybe finding your place, and also maybe working from home.

The Chiron in the 4th conjunct Mercury might mean you never got enough of a home feeling or enough time at home so working there might be something you want to do.

Pluto is in the sign it rules, on your Dsc in Scorpio, angular planets are pretty significant so again it's repeating the theme of an intense investigative tendency, wanting to get to the bottom of hidden stuff.

Oh also worth noting. The anti-vertex is in Aries in the 12th- I'd advise you with this aspect to watch rashness and charging ahead impulsively- it could be the self-undoing and a hidden enemy, or a way to find them, I've seen this aspect before. The positive end of this polarity is the Vertex, Libra in the 6th, finding balance, harmony and justice in your daily work.

The rashness might be in work or personal areas of your life and I always look at transits and their aspects to the vertex and anti-vertex(or others charts links to them), with the anti-vertex being the one you need to watch for more cautiously as a negative, especially planets going over it.

Btw,

It seems rarer for someone who has such a technical scientific chart and tendency to be into astrology- this may be the Neptune Uranus conjunction in the 9th- looking for higher learning via more intuitive means. This may relate to the other careers you mention wanting(along with fortune in Sag, also linked to spiritual higher knowledge) to consider, although your chart suggests to me you have a good idea of what you are good at. It may be that the Saturn in Aqua 10th is causing your doubts or impatience with programming as a career but it suggests real reward and skill over time to add to the MC.

And your chart also suggest combining both careers and sets of skills you mention.

Last edited:

graay ghost

'Another thing I'm interested in is investigating fraud for banks and financial institutions.'

Mars in Taurus conjunct Ascendant. Mars gets, and is assertive, Taurus is finance, it's on your Ascendant, your approach. Mars in Taurus is bullish, stubborn and combative.

Mars rules Scorpio, so it rules the 6th portion in Scorpio. The 6th is daily work and service. Scorpio is investigation and it also represents 'shared resources' so as well as business which it is said to be linked to, I'd say it could represents banks.

The north node is in the last degree of Sagittarius and in the 8th, so a real truth seeker and imaginative, as well as ambitious, in the 8th house of investigations, hidden subjects and research. Fortune is in Sagittarius, again it's about seeking out high principle, working with ethics, not in a personal, judgemental realm but in the collective sense- so an ethical, truth theme is suggested. The 7th is slightly different to the 6th and 8th but it is another that can be interpreted as where you meet the world, you may meet a business partner for this or just a romantic one. It is also where you meet 'open enemies', so maybe your fortune is found seeking truth on the corrupt and this makes you enemies.

The moon(needs and instincts) is in Capricorn, ambition, in the 8th, so you are ambitious to uphold standards and gain reputation through this type of research.

So your chart seems to fit that career well.

Your MC is 0degrees Aquarius, this would strongly suggest aptitude for technical careers and computing. The 0 degrees is significant in suggesting quintessential qualities of that sign in my experience.

I'd also see the 3rd house as linked to computing and e-communications, Sun and Venus in Cancer here, Cancer is quite an ambitious and tenacious sign, which builds foundations, and also defends ideas or peoples.
So maybe again the theme of defending integrity.

Sun rules the 4th so we could say 'finding a place/home' through this role.
Venus rules the 6th in Libra, so work and service is implied to be linked to the internet and daily communications.

You also have Saturn in Aqua in the 10th, so hard work, perseverence and mastering your craft through trials makes you better at it. It also rules the 10th so the 10th is an end itself(although Saturn rules your ninth too, suggesting your career will influence your life philosophy-this is doubly emphasized by Uranus, co-ruler of Aquarius in the ninth too) to me somewhat intensifying your career theme.

I'm not sure about the Lilith in Aquarius, maybe that is bit of a geek/subversive one in the career, no offence lol.

Might want to research that, personally I find Lilith quite hard to figure out and it is a hypothetical and a point.

The Jupiter in Virgo suggest growth and through quite rigorous, meticulous, private service work, as it's in the fifth this could be a pleasure for you, and/or you could be very creatively analytical in this regard.

It's dispositor is Mercury in the 4th, so again maybe finding your place, and also maybe working from home.

The Chiron in the 4th conjunct Mercury might mean you never got enough of a home feeling or enough time at home so working there might be something you want to do.

Pluto is in the sign it rules, on your Dsc in Scorpio, angular planets planet so again it's repeating the theme of an intense investigative tendency, wanting to get to the bottom of hidden stuff.

Oh also worth noting. The anti-vertex is in Aries in the 12th- I'd advise you with this aspect to watch rashness and charging ahead impulsively- it could be the self-undoing and a hidden enemy, or a way to find them, I've seen this aspect before. The positive end of this polarity if the Vertex, Libra in the 6th, finding balance, harmony and justice in your daily work.

The rashness might be in work or personal areas of your life and I always look at transits and their aspects to the vertex and anti-vertex(or others charts links to them), with the anti-vertex being the one you need to watch for more cautiously as a negative, especially planets going over it.

Btw,

It seems rarer for someone who has such a technical scientific chart and tendency to be into astrology- this may be the Neptune Uranus conjunction in the 9th- looking for higher learning via more intuitive means. This may relate to the other careers you mention wanting(along with fortune in Sag, also linked to spiritual higher knowledge) to consider, although your chart suggests to me you have a good idea of what you are good at. It may be that the Saturn in Aqua 10th is causing your doubts or impatience with programming as a career but it suggests real reward and skill over time to add to the MC.

And your chart also suggest combining both careers and sets of skills you mention.

Wow, thank you for such a detailed response! See anything about being a famous writer some day in there? (haha)

But seriously, thank you, you've given me a lot to mull over. I am not sure why I'm interested in astrology. Perhaps in part because it's nicely organized. Another part may be because I see it as more of a meditative exercise than possibly how most people see it. As in, you need answers, and you need something to focus on to get them... and thus, here they come. :pouty:

muchacho

You definitely have the talent/ability for working with numbers but I'm not sure if that will be ultimately satisfying for someone with Sun in Cancer.

Chillaxer

Wow, thank you for such a detailed response! See anything about being a famous writer some day in there? (haha)

But seriously, thank you, you've given me a lot to mull over. I am not sure why I'm interested in astrology. Perhaps in part because it's nicely organized. Another part may be because I see it as more of a meditative exercise than possibly how most people see it. As in, you need answers, and you need something to focus on to get them... and thus, here they come. :pouty:

No problems, I've found I really enjoy analyzing interesting charts lately.

Yeah, it's quite intuitive and therapeutic at times, astrology.

You're welcome to ask me any more questions, if you were genuinely into writing I could tell you what to look for. :)

Last edited:

graay ghost

You definitely have the talent/ability for working with numbers but I'm not sure if that will be ultimately satisfying for someone with Sun in Cancer.

Really? That's strange, because I don't really consider either of these professions very "number-y"...

graay ghost

No problems, I've found I really enjoy analyzing interesting charts lately.

Yeah, it's quite intuitive and therapeutic at times, astrology.

You're welcome to ask me any more questions, if you were genuinely into writing I could tell you what to look for. :)

Well, thanks. It is. What prevents me from giving readings much of the time is my burning need to give common-sense advice to people who need it, which usually doesn't help much. It becomes easier to do blind readings...

I'm working on a novel's manuscript, have at least one novel's manuscript to edit, have published one short story, have one short story out on submission, have a few short stories that need to go on submission, have stories that need to get written...

The problem with giving me a reading for "writing ability" is that is doesn't matter if you tell me my chart says pursuing it will lead to ruin and death, I'm still going to do it. So a reading would be kind of pointless.

sibylline

I agree that neither of the careers are heavy on the numbers. I don't see why a Cancer Sun wouldn't like a number-heavy field though. I know some who seem pretty happy with their jobs, e.g. accountant, math professor, etc.

david starling

Well, thanks. It is. What prevents me from giving readings much of the time is my burning need to give common-sense advice to people who need it, which usually doesn't help much. It becomes easier to do blind readings...

I'm working on a novel's manuscript, have at least one novel's manuscript to edit, have published one short story, have one short story out on submission, have a few short stories that need to go on submission, have stories that need to get written...

The problem with giving me a reading for "writing ability" is that is doesn't matter if you tell me my chart says pursuing it will lead to ruin and death, I'm still going to do it. So a reading would be kind of pointless.

I remember telling you way back that you had a talent for writing, but as I recall, you rejected my opinion. We're you just being contrary? :biggrin:

Nadezhda

Why not? MC - Aquarius. Your work can be connected with numbers, computers, etc. Uranus is located in the 9th field, so Jupiter (the significator) in Virgo - the connection with information, communication, science. Venus and Sun are located in the 3d field of the horoscope, that confirms the importance of Mercury's themes in your life.