Career path plus mars retrograde

ladym

Hello everyone,

I have two questions for you since everyone seems so eager to applicate their knowledge of astrology on our birth charts:):

1. what do you think could be a suitable profession for me?Can you predict what is it going to be? I actually finished university, but am not sure whether I am on the right path with what I studied. I won't tell you what it is though to avoid confusion when reading my chart:)(Except if you will focus better on the whole picture if I tell you-in this case, point it out and I will tell you:))
2. Should I try to find a new job while mars is retrograde? I graduated in july 2013 and haven't found the strength to find a job in the area I studied because it is an area which requires traits I thought (character-wise) I didn't have and now I finally decided to give it a go (haven't found a concrete job though, what I am writing about is more a shift of mind).

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ladym chart.gif
    ladym chart.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 34

Edward

Hello ladym,

you've probably studied some Mercurial field like linguistics, philology or computer science. Am I right?

Mercury as ruler of the ASC is placed in its domicile (Gemini) in the 9th house, the house of knowledge and studies. Mercury is also ruler of the 10th, hence probably is your significator of profession according to Ptolemy.

Mercury is separatively combust by the Sun (though in Mercury's own dignities) and also separates from the opposition of Saturn. The first argues that you'll be working as some kind of secretary or personal assistent for a person of higher rank, i.e. some boss or professor. I can see chances that you'll get a job at university or in another academical environment, seeing that Venus as ruler of the 9th is placed in the 10th house. The opposition of Mercury to Saturn might show that you won't always be safe in your job, but could lose it due to children (Saturn ruling 5th) or due to sickness (Saturn ruling 6th).

Yours,
Edward

ladym

Hi Edward,

first of all, thank you for your reply.

It seems my chart hides it well- I studied law :joyful: I do not see myself in this career for I am a somehow indecisive person. I function very well with an authority figure beside me, who gives the last word on something I prepare in a scrupulous way. I guess being an assistant would suit me, the sky gave me this opportunity:wink:. I even had such a job once, but had to stop it due to obligations in school.

Edward

Thank you lady,

you studied law? Ok, I honestly wouldn't have thought it.

Law is commonly signified by Jupiter, which in your chart is placed in domicile (Pisces) and on the 7th house - ruling clients, but also legal enemies. He in sextile to Mars, himself in exaltation (Capricorn) and in an angular house: You'd probably be good at court, Mars fortunately combined with Jupiter.

Madammaha

Hello everyone,

I have two questions for you since everyone seems so eager to applicate their knowledge of astrology on our birth charts:):/QUOTE]
ladym, If I was in your place I would retract my words and rephrase them, you see there is a group of astrologers here who have a very long and wide experience in astrology, who are applying their knowledge and experience to serve others.
A question for you, did the earth stop rotating because Mars is retrograde?

ladym

to Madammaha, I will not retract the sentence,but I reckon that maybe I gave the wrong emphasis to what I wanted to communicate: I wanted to make my introduction a positive sentence, in the sense that this is a site where I will most certainly get my response, because the astrologers (with more or less experience) on here are very active. I didn't want to sound cynic. Must be that obfuscated mercury :) English is not my first language, nor the second and this is what happens.

Krewster

The a.m. association of Jup with law is well illustrated in this chart by Merc's tightest aspect being a 15 min tight orbed bi-novile to Jup (you love/get "high" with mental/educative activities).

and your smarts are confirmed by the Moon bi-quintile Merc (though loose orbed).

"indecisive" seems best represented by your Sun's 150 to Nept (13 min tight orbed) which is part of a classic Yod w Pluto (Merc is not involved).

This Yod has another name on the net bec it is bisected via the Sun oppo Sat (into a skinny Kite shape).

Thankfully at least your Sun has a bi-quintile to the Moon which should lend support.

In sum, the IQ is there but the indecisiveness may remain as a part of your style and you may be drawn into power situations where you feel locked into a fixed position (thank goodness, the law has many non-confrontational type applications, such as helping to create businesses, and relationships through drawing up contracts, etc.).

ladym

Thank you for your insight, Krewster.
Lately i ve been wondering if i should do something therapeutical or humanitarian,and,as another ( unconnected) option trying to grow lavanda and other mediterranian plants as a mean of extra income? Do you believe these are good ideas? Or should i stick to law? I know one takes what life brings but having a clearer vision in my mind would calm my spirit. And when do you think i will find a new job?

Krewster

Spring of 2013 was a good time to be lucky in getting a job (when T Jup was stationary on your Sun).

Career vision...with Nept 150 being your Sun's closest aspect (as part of the Yod), there's a possibility you may be better off giving up the focus on what could be the vision (and instead, just putting down your head and ploughing forward).

How about saving the humanitarian impulse for deployment after you saved enough money to enjoy your own retirement....?

ladym

Thanks again krewster. I will loose my job anyway this autumn and i hope luck will be on my side at quickly finding a new one. But i agree- i had to give up my visions in my life many,many times,on all areas. And usually, nnothing better thn what i envisioned, came long. With all the people,that made great lives out of the same opportunuties than mine, i cannot hide i often feel disappointed.